The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks like Nicklaus Jensen is imminent for debut

The Dark Knight

Don't be too surprised if the Canucks are out in the first round or don't make the playoffs at all? There's a lot of teams in the west that are playing at about the same level, and the standings show how close it is. There will probably be about 2 good teams that miss the playoffs in the west.

The only reason i say this is because it was 12 years between the first cup runs and then another 17 years till the last one. So don't hold your breath, i could realistically be another 10 years plus before they assemble another team with the right qualities to go all the way.

Call up Jensen, Schroeder, Connauton... etc...we need a ,kick in the butt. We aren't playing to our potential. What better way to instill rivalry than input competition? AV obviously can't do it... let the roster spots play that role.

Kassian's injury doesn't seem too serious, but Booth's does. We'll probably be without him for a month or two. Kassian, Kesler and Booth all out - there goes all our powerforwards. We HAVE to call up Jensen now:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins

Hansen - Lapierre - Jensen

Weise - Pinizotto - Sestito

Actually not a bad lineup. Then when everyone's healthy, hopefully Jensen can stick:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Lapierre - Booth

Hansen - Pinizotto - Jensen

That's scary depth considering every line has a 20-goal scorer.

Why not both and scratch Sestito?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Hansen

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Weise

Healthy team

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Schroeder - Burrows

Jensen - Raymond - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

After I turned off the laptop this morning (Scotland) and was drifting off to sleep I thought "Maybe we need to spread our riches a bit more"

Is it time to put Sedin quality on BOTH lines?

It's not something I have favoured up to now but maybe if we do bring Jensen up we could help him by playing him with a Sedin.

Sedin - Burrows - Jensen

Raymond - Sedin - Hansen

Higgins - Ebbett - Weise

Sestito - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Archived