103 replies to this topic

#91 The Secret

The Secret

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

kesler is not playing wing when our center depth is Henrik, Kesler,Lapierre,Schroeder,Ebbet. Higgins shouldn't be playing center if we have a healthy lineup, Kassian isn't playing ahead of Hansen, Raymond won't be on the 4th line. Jensen will play less than 5 games (we aren't burning a year on his contract for this shortened season)

just no

I initially chose the lines as how they would play alongside one another. Kassian and Jensen on the same line with a decent passer (I know it shouldn't be Higgins but it's all we have.) Although Hansen should play ahead of Kassian he would be behind in this rotation. I'm speaking more on terms of a team that moves the puck well and can finish. Hansen is a more of a run and gun kind of guy. He's putting up points which is solid, but if the whole team was to be solid and the depth was there I'd have three lines with more talent than grit.Not saying the fourth line wouldn't have talent, they do. But a shoot first guy like Jensen and a big body which can control the puck and get in-front of the net, being Kassian, and of course a REAL centre this would look like an ideal line to me.

#92 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Time to give the kid the call. While your at it might as well call Schroeder up as well.

#93 Aestheticon67

Aestheticon67

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

I initially chose the lines as how they would play alongside one another. Kassian and Jensen on the same line with a decent passer (I know it shouldn't be Higgins but it's all we have.) Although Hansen should play ahead of Kassian he would be behind in this rotation. I'm speaking more on terms of a team that moves the puck well and can finish. Hansen is a more of a run and gun kind of guy. He's putting up points which is solid, but if the whole team was to be solid and the depth was there I'd have three lines with more talent than grit.Not saying the fourth line wouldn't have talent, they do. But a shoot first guy like Jensen and a big body which can control the puck and get in-front of the net, being Kassian, and of course a REAL centre this would look like an ideal line to me.

Ebbett second line center? I barely tolerate him in the lineup at all, he's not a Canuck imo he's an washed up ex-duck we're using until Kesler is healthy and because Manny isn't. You aren't rewarding the quality contributions of Raymond and Hansen by demoting them to the 4th line either, they need more minutes, its kind of insulting.
Daniel Sedin when not playing for his national team, passes it up to Pavol Demitra gathering speed through the neutral zone to battle in deep, a quick centering feed to Henrik Sedin as he dazzles the D and slides it under Patrick Lalime. Dany Sabourin stones Sami Kapanen who tried the wraparound but was denied by the paddle down. Sidney Crosby was taught how to win at hockey by Ziggy Palffy.

#94 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

ahhh yes... jensen... the next over-hyped rookie with 0 NHL games who will be considered a 'bust' if he doesnt put up a point-per-game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#95 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

if jensen shows he can actually produce at the nhl level , they will burn a year of his contract

if AV has any say in the matter , that dudes job is on the line right now , we can all act like it isnt but the team just looks unmotivated and whos job is it to motivate the team

first everyone said theres no way jensen even gets called up

now its theres no way he stays , if you all wanted schroeder to stay im betting you will want jensen if he lives up to even alittle bit of the hype

i understand it effects us down the line cap wise , but if this kid can snipe a goal here or there , even just give us some secondary scoring , i think the canucks would be hardpressed to send him back down

that or make a freakin trade already

We shouldn't burn a year on his contract with 20 games left. If our success lies on a 20 year old then we have major problems.

We have secondary scoring wingers Hansen (16p) Raymond (14p) Higgins (11p) We need Centers. It's surprising they even got that much points when their Centers have been Lapierre (6p) Kesler (5p in 7 games) Schroeder (5p) Ebbett (3p)

I'd wait until next year where we have center depth will be better with Henrik-Kesler-(I pray Gillis gets a 3rd line C after 2 years of always looking for one)-Lapierre/pinnizotto and Jensen will have a good shot at sticking with the club

#96 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm all for giving Ballard a look on LW playing in Booth's spot...he's already on the roster, skates well, has offensive abilities, likes to bang bodies.

I wouldn't want to burn up Jensen's first year of ELC for a temp solution.

#97 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Question about the ELC....

Doesnt Jensen burn a year off the ELC since he's playing regular season games in the AHL?

We've had other players never to play a NHL game burn years off their ELC's while playing in the A... Why would Jensen be any different?

Edited by 70seven, 17 March 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#98 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

While we're messing his name up....

Yen-sen... money in the bank.

#99 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

The pronunciation of his surname is interesting. His father's name is pronounced "Jen-sen," as he is a Canadian. Nicklas performed a "Par-eezy" on the name and localized the pronunciation so that the "j" is pronounced the way it is pronounced in Denmark -- with a "y" sound.

Edited by WeatherWise, 17 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#100 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

My understanding is he already losing a year on his ELC because he is playing for the Wolves, no?
I Love Lamp...

#101 The Secret

The Secret

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ebbett second line center? I barely tolerate him in the lineup at all, he's not a Canuck imo he's an washed up ex-duck we're using until Kesler is healthy and because Manny isn't. You aren't rewarding the quality contributions of Raymond and Hansen by demoting them to the 4th line either, they need more minutes, its kind of insulting.

Understandable, but to be completely honest I like the way Ebbet has been playing, although I would rather have a better overall centre (trade) and him on the third or fourth line. But like I said earlier I'm just playing around with what we have. As for Raymond and Hansen I agree that demoting them may be insulting but I'm ignoring feelings here and thinking about winning.

#102 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

ahhh yes... jensen...  the next over-hyped rookie with 0 NHL games who will be considered a 'bust' if he doesnt put up a point-per-game.

This..and when he doesn't use the old CDC fall guy blame AV.

#103 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

My understanding is he already losing a year on his ELC because he is playing for the Wolves, no?

Not unless he plays over 5 games or something in the NHL will the Nucks burn a year on his ELC. He can play in the playoffs as many games as AV wants without burning anything if I am not mistaken.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#104 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

We should write off Booth and Kesler until the playoffs, longer if their too injured, and use their money to pick up a rental player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.