The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to fix this powerplay

DownUndaCanuck

How to improve the PP:

-Fire AV and that idiot Newell Brown or whatever his name is.

-Take that bum Edler off the PP because he is too scared to shoot, and when he does, it gets blocked.

-Add someone who can actually skate the puck and move FAST. ***Keith Ballard***

-We signed Garrison for a reason, PUT HIM ON THE PP.

-Stop looking for the perfect pass, just shoot the puck, make the goalie make a save or two.

This isn't rocket science, but apparently for our coaching staff, we can't change anything, we have to just watch our PP suffer. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we go 0 for 60 by the end of the month.

Here is an idea, unfortunately our power play has become predictable in the sense that other teams know where the puck is likely going if one of the Sedins have it, its either going to Burrows or back to the point shot as with the second unit trying to set up the D-men ( as great as it is to see the D score). I think we should stop playing pass the puck and shoot more having the other forwards and everyone else just pick up the rebounds continually shooting ( i.e get the puck turn and shoot) in a cycle with little or no passing because the law of averages would be on our side then the more pucks you have going to the net the more chance you have to score. As well I think we would have more of a chance to score since more people would be taking shots, plus it would create a bunch of panic as well as chaos in the other end, that would easily translate to secondary chances.

Most PKs are using speedy skilled players with a big skilled guy in front and get in the shooting lanes. With that in mind I propose that we need to spend more time passing the puck around the "perimeter". When we do finally get the puck to the point, the d-man needs to take a good long look before he passes to the other d-man. When that occurs it is very important for the d-man to stop the puck and take a big a windup as possible in order for the opponents to close the lanes. When he finally does shoot it is important that he shoots as high as possible so we can't get a deflection or a rebound. Plus he might get the bonus of injuring one of our own players. Under no circumstance should the d-man take a quick low wrister. That has the potential to create deflections and rebounds and we can't have that. Also, we should never carry the puck to the net while converging with several other players. This might result in out-manning the pkers and create scoring chances; that would be crazy!!!

Archived