The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Millionaires 2 - Red Wings 5

lolwut?

Okay, so I've had 14+ hours to let the emotions of the loss last night dissipate.

Rather than going through all the things that are wrong with the Canucks right now, I'm starting to think that we aren't nearly as good as we think we are, especially when I consider Coach V's comments earlier in the week when he stated -- "we are exactly where we thought we would be at this time". I've been saying that we have been playing like pretenders since the quarter turn, and maybe that is because we are pretenders.

It looks like the effort is there...but in spite of it, we continue to lose puck battles, are beaten to the puck, and though I see a better effort to get the puck to the front of the opponents net, we don't have the physical ability to sustain the play there.

The defence, to a man and as a group, continue to turn the puck over with regularity (and Tanev has been doing this now for the past 4-5 games) in our end. The goaltending, regardless of whether its Schneider or Luongo, does not inspire confidence in anyone, so our entire back end (d-men/goalies), while it looks real good on paper, probably is reality, not as good as we've given them credit for.

I've been of the opinion that the Sedins' play peaked over the previous 2-3 years and that they should be on a slow, gradual decline (don't get me wrong...they are still two of the best in the league, but if their level of dominance was a 10, on a scale from 1-10 for the past 2-3 years, they are now at an 8, which is still damn good).

The lack of depth on the team was exposed last year when Daniel went down...the roster hasn't changed a whole lot since last spring, other than absences due to injury and replacing Garr for Sami. So, I found myself asking myself, "why do I expect the team to be any better this year?"

So, unless we are able to get a puck moving defenceman who can QB the PP, a power forward with scoring skills, and a playmaking centre, I've come to the conclusion that we are going to continue to be pretenders and the Cup is going to be far away on the horizon.

Canucks will be fine, gotta remember its Kesler that makes the powerplay what it is. Didn't watch the game just quickly scanned through recording as I was told the score, but didn't Hansen hit the post on penalty shot which would've tied the game? Man you guys are so annoying, doom and gloom, look at the standings!

Canucks will be fine, gotta remember its Kesler that makes the powerplay what it is. Didn't watch the game just quickly scanned through recording as I was told the score, but didn't Hansen hit the post on penalty shot which would've tied the game? Man you guys are so annoying, doom and gloom, look at the standings!

...and in your world, Aliens will save us from destroying the planet.

Kesler is not enough of a factor to turn this team around. Even if he was, one absence should not cause a good team to faulter like the Nucks. Supposedly less talented teams have lost biger bieces than the Nucks and are still competitive.

HInt...watch the whole game not just the highlights.

As for doom and gloom...9 regulation wins in 27 games!!! Let's all blow up balloons and celebrate!!

Just like Luongo is a God and saves the team every game? Like last night?

The TEAM is not good enough and no one player could or should be able to make that much difference. Pittsburgh did awfully well without Sidney Crosby who is 5X the player Kesler is. Ottawa remains competitive without their Norris trophy defenceman, leading scorer and starting goalie. IF the Nucks can play this bad because they miss Kesler, they are going nowhere and fast.

Many CDCers are always comforting themselves with the thought that we just need to be healthy, we just need one trade, we just need the refs to cut us some slack. Reality is, this team is not really that good and is not competitive at present. Tough pill to swallow but the evidence would appear to be incontrovertible .

5x the player kesler is?? that's dumb to say... that's impossible... maybe Sid is 5 x the player a 3 year old kid is?? Don't be foolish no player is 5x better than any nhler first of all.

The year kes won the selke he was just as valuable to us and Sid was to Pitts. I really question your hockey IQ and actually ur general IQ.

5x the player kesler is?? that's dumb to say... that's impossible... maybe Sid is 5 x the player a 3 year old kid is?? Don't be foolish no player is 5x better than any nhler first of all.

The year kes won the selke he was just as valuable to us and Sid was to Pitts. I really question your hockey IQ and actually ur general IQ.

Thank you. Your questioning my hockey IQ is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me here and quite affirming.

Crosby has 48 points this year in 27 games!! He's on track to score at a 145 point pace in an 82 game schedule. As far as an impact player, yes, he is 5X more valuable than Kesler. Kesler plays a valuable role in the shut down department and some secondary scoring but his only real dominating moment was aginast Nashville 2 years ago.

Crosby>>>>>Kesler

stop with the its because Kesler is missing excuses. If the canucks can't win without Kesler, they are NOT elite. I know in the mind of many here Kesler is superman, I.e. way better than say malkin and Letang together (and Pittsburgh beat a decent Bruins team without those 2 today) but still

Well at least they looked good in those Jerseys -_- I am starting to get really annoyed with how they just stop playing the minute the other team scores a goal. Its rather frustrting. Also what was AV doing? Why didn't he pull Lu after the 4th goal and put Schenids in? We could have at the very least seen his awesome mask! The game seem to shift to me the minute Booth went down!

Well at least they looked good in those Jerseys -_- I am starting to get really annoyed with how they just stop playing the minute the other team scores a goal. Its rather frustrting. Also what was AV doing? Why didn't he pull Lu after the 4th goal and put Schenids in? We could have at the very least seen his awesome mask! The game seem to shift to me the minute Booth went down!

This leads to the bigger question "why is AV still coaching".

Garrison mis-use and not on PP

Schroeder on 4th line choosing Raymond to center the 2nd line instead

Gut telling him to start Lu against Detroit after he got ventilated for 8 last time.

Benching Kassian the game before for some turnovers (like he was the only one) and killing the energy that line had shown.

Edler - aka "the turnover machine)getting top minutes

These are just the tip of the iceberg.

MHM.. i don't even have a reaction anymore to this team. Its like watching the same train-wreck game after game repeating itself. We squeek one out against Columbus then get lucky with Rinne playing poorly otherwise we'd probably of lost that one and blown out again tonight. This a more than just a bad funk...this team is simply an average team now, no longer elite.

Archived