The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Millionaires 2 - Red Wings 5

lolwut?

The reffing, obviously. People seem to think you can just "outwork" the refs. The Canucks know this isn't the case. If the refs don't want Canucks to win, the Canucks aren't going to fight it. Why should they? Booth did. Kesler did. The Canucks will play well when they get to actually play hockey. "Hack/slash/punch the Canucks with no repercussions" is not hockey. And no, a 5 on 3 after everyone is bleeding is not an opportunity to get back in it. It's just an attempt to even up penalties to make the reffing look less appalling. When the refs purposefully penalize a team out of the lead, the message is clear: comebacks will be halted with more phantom penalties and more freedom for the other team to injure you.

If I were in the Canucks' position, I'd take the paycheck, keep my head down and go home. And this is the hockey we get to watch as a result. I don't expect them to fight and die for a game that's more corrupt than Vegas in the 30s. Expectations that they should do differently are simply rooted in ignorance, deliberate or otherwise.

Lol i didnt know that hockey teams all rely on one player for their wins.. you know how silly you sound when you say stuff like this?

Or are you being sarcastic?

Last time I checked hockey is a team sport.. having Kesler back will definitely help, but if you actually believe that he will turn this club into a contender singlehandedly overnight then you my friend are as clueless as could be.

No team in the NHL is capable of winning the cup, without there best player. Not Chicago, not Pittsburgh, not Boston. Boston is going out in the first round of 2011, without Chara, and the 2012 version of the Los Angeles wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Quick. Teams need all their best pieces, to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying Kesler is our best player but, when he's at his best, his value is not that far off from Hank and Dan's, And sometimes, the addition of one player can be instrumental in a teams' success. Suddenly, Vancouver is no longer a one line team and players like Raymond, Higgins, and/or Booth are much more effective, when they have a 70+ point Selke winner on their line. Center is the second most important position on a hockey team (outside of the goaltender) and it is very difficult to move everyone up the depth chart and expect them to produce. With Kesler, suddenly, this team is not expecting a 5ft 8" rookie or a career minor-leaguer to check the opposing teams' best player and put up 30-35 goals. And, if you've ever played hockey, you'd know that the mental side of things is HUGE. Suddenly, there's a sense of consistency in the lines, guys are building chemistry, and if you get on a roll, you're not asking a bunch of Wolves call-ups to carry that through, game-to-game.

This team has a major weakness and that is center depth. With Kesler's injury, that has been very much exposed. With that said, his return would be MASSIVE. One player CAN have that kind of effect.

It's not like you're talking about adding a player like Kesler to Columbus and expecting them to just magically turn it around. This team is almost the exact same team (with the exception of Salo and Ehrhoff) that made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The pieces are there. They just look uninterested, lethargic, and unmotivated, proving that it's not a question of ability but, rather, that spot between the ears. A fired up Kesler can add a spark to this team and, maybe, that's all we need to get things going.

No team in the NHL is capable of winning the cup, without there best player. Not Chicago, not Pittsburgh, not Boston. Boston is going out in the first round of 2011, without Chara, and the 2012 version of the Los Angeles wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Quick. Teams need all their best pieces, to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying Kesler is our best player but, when he's at his best, his value is not that far off from Hank and Dan's, And sometimes, the addition of one player can be instrumental in a teams' success. Suddenly, Vancouver is no longer a one line team and players like Raymond, Higgins, and/or Booth are much more effective, when they have a 70+ point Selke winner on their line. Center is the second most important position on a hockey team (outside of the goaltender) and it is very difficult to move everyone up the depth chart and expect them to produce. With Kesler, suddenly, this team is not expecting a 5ft 8" rookie or a career minor-leaguer to check the opposing teams' best player and put up 30-35 goals. And, if you've ever played hockey, you'd know that the mental side of things is HUGE. Suddenly, there's a sense of consistency in the lines, guys are building chemistry, and if you get on a roll, you're not asking a bunch of Wolves call-ups to carry that through, game-to-game.

This team has a major weakness and that is center depth. With Kesler's injury, that has been very much exposed. With that said, his return would be MASSIVE. One player CAN have that kind of effect.

It's not like you're talking about adding a player like Kesler to Columbus and expecting them to just magically turn it around. This team is almost the exact same team (with the exception of Salo and Ehrhoff) that made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The pieces are there. They just look uninterested, lethargic, and unmotivated, proving that it's not a question of ability but, rather, that spot between the ears. A fired up Kesler can add a spark to this team and, maybe, that's all we need to get things going.

Canucks Army just did their recap of the Wings game today: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/3/17/canucks-dumped-by-red-wings-hockey-gods-in-marquee-matchup

Quite frankly, I'm shocked. This is 1 of maybe 5 games this season where Canucks outchanced their opponent. They only gave up 9 scoring chances, and 5 of them ended up in the net. Normally, 1 of every 6 of 7 scoring chances end up in net. So it's safe to say Lu had a rough night. What the heck is going on with this teams goaltenders this yr. They are both stinking it up, horrible EV SV%. I just don't get it.

Archived