The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Millionaires 2 - Red Wings 5

lolwut?

I'm officially switching over to CKNW. I'm sick of Jeff Paterson on Team 1040 and his arrogance. All he does is hang up on people he doesn't agree with. Pathetic. Par for the course with Vancouver media though. I mean, the morning show guys didn't even know who Ludwig Blomstrand is. Embarrassing.

I'll likely get blasted for this but despite how talented the Sedins are, they are just not getting it done at all. THey are the #1 line that gets preferential offensive zone starts and the best matching by AV and they are generating very little in the way of quality chances and seem only capable of playing keep away in the corner just before turning the puck over and giving up an odd man rush..

Their forecheck is a joke and looks like ringette where you're not allowed ot use the body.

How many times this year have we seen them pass off to the side or behind the goal from the slot?

The PP....what a joke. The last 2 games I have seen Hank carry into the zone and split 2 defenders. He has a clear line to the net. What does he do, a bounce back-pass to the trailing defenceman to set up the cycle. WHy do the defenders peel off and let him have that clear line, because they know he would pass on a breakaway so he's not a threat on his own.

There are a lot of under-performers on this team right now but Hank and Dan deserve just as much if not more blame than anyone else. Their classy guys with loads of talent but they are in no way "leading" this team by example.

As for the rest, MG would be wise to tank intentionally and try to get a solid top 5 pick. This team is soft, lazy, and lacking the necessary talent to generate any meaningful offence. They're going nowhere in the playoffs so tank it..

I'm officially switching over to CKNW. I'm sick of Jeff Paterson on Team 1040 and his arrogance. All he does is hang up on people he doesn't agree with. Pathetic. Par for the course with Vancouver media though. I mean, the morning show guys didn't even know who Ludwig Blomstrand is. Embarrassing.

I'm glad I didn't watch this team blow chunks tonight.

They clearly weren't out of their funk even though they spanked Rinne and Mason for 7 goals. They continued to play poor defensively by the sounds of it. A trait displayed in the Nashville game as well.

I have little confidence in this team right now.

The refs tried to hand this game to the Canucks on a silver platter tonight. A penalty shot, 5 PP's including an extended 5 on 3. Please, this whining about the refs and the league is enough now.

Do you ever watch other teams play? The officiating is just as brutal. It is not a conspiracy....it is simply an excuse now by Canucks fans who do not want to face the truth - that this coach and this team are simply not good enough right now and do not even realize it.

Change the coach, we need Kim Coates and a bus that has a piss hole!

I thought to myself this season would be crape anyway, kinda hope we tank, get a high draft position, trade for another high one and rebuild on the fly. I don't think nix fans could handle another round of the dark years (I.E. late 90's)

All that being said, this hockey is painful to watch.

they played well vs hawks

1-0-1 this season so far

the problem now is that nux best players are not stepping up. sedins, edler, hamhuis, lui, and hence they are not winning consistently.

sedins are playing well 5 on 5 on most games, but they are not doing on the PP, which is critical in many games.

no kes is a huge miss, and now Booth gone (will get MRI monday)

I'll come back after this team is performing again. I'm just not paid to go through whatever it is that the Canucks are going through. In fact, you, me, and rest of the fans are the ones investing here, and we have close to none ROI so far.

Archived