363 replies to this topic

#331 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Kesler is a selke winner. He is an absolute force and can do EVERYTHING. Kesler can turn around any team

sorry...not after all these injuries....

i haven't seen this kesler since round 2 vs nashville btw
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#332 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Kesler is a selke winner. He is an absolute force and can do EVERYTHING. Kesler can turn around any team

Lol i didnt know that hockey teams all rely on one player for their wins.. you know how silly you sound when you say stuff like this?
Or are you being sarcastic?

Last time I checked hockey is a team sport.. having Kesler back will definitely help, but if you actually believe that he will turn this club into a contender singlehandedly overnight then you my friend are as clueless as could be.

Edited by lolwut?, 17 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#333 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well on the bright side if we keep crapping the bed, finding an entrance song will be easy..

Mr Jones - counting crows

#334 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Lol i didnt know that hockey teams all rely on one player for their wins.. you know how silly you sound when you say stuff like this?
Or are you being sarcastic?

Last time I checked hockey is a team sport.. having Kesler back will definitely help, but if you actually believe that he will turn this club into a contender singlehandedly overnight then you my friend are as clueless as could be.

No team in the NHL is capable of winning the cup, without there best player. Not Chicago, not Pittsburgh, not Boston. Boston is going out in the first round of 2011, without Chara, and the 2012 version of the Los Angeles wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Quick. Teams need all their best pieces, to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying Kesler is our best player but, when he's at his best, his value is not that far off from Hank and Dan's, And sometimes, the addition of one player can be instrumental in a teams' success. Suddenly, Vancouver is no longer a one line team and players like Raymond, Higgins, and/or Booth are much more effective, when they have a 70+ point Selke winner on their line. Center is the second most important position on a hockey team (outside of the goaltender) and it is very difficult to move everyone up the depth chart and expect them to produce. With Kesler, suddenly, this team is not expecting a 5ft 8" rookie or a career minor-leaguer to check the opposing teams' best player and put up 30-35 goals. And, if you've ever played hockey, you'd know that the mental side of things is HUGE. Suddenly, there's a sense of consistency in the lines, guys are building chemistry, and if you get on a roll, you're not asking a bunch of Wolves call-ups to carry that through, game-to-game.

This team has a major weakness and that is center depth. With Kesler's injury, that has been very much exposed. With that said, his return would be MASSIVE. One player CAN have that kind of effect.

It's not like you're talking about adding a player like Kesler to Columbus and expecting them to just magically turn it around. This team is almost the exact same team (with the exception of Salo and Ehrhoff) that made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The pieces are there. They just look uninterested, lethargic, and unmotivated, proving that it's not a question of ability but, rather, that spot between the ears. A fired up Kesler can add a spark to this team and, maybe, that's all we need to get things going.
Posted Image

#335 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well on the bright side if we keep crapping the bed, finding an entrance song will be easy..

Mr Jones - counting crows

Lol

Definitely one of the crappiest songs of all time.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#336 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

This team isn't beating Minnesota right now, let alone Chicago or Anaheim.

Major moves need to be made. Your move Gillis.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#337 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

No team in the NHL is capable of winning the cup, without there best player. Not Chicago, not Pittsburgh, not Boston. Boston is going out in the first round of 2011, without Chara, and the 2012 version of the Los Angeles wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Quick. Teams need all their best pieces, to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying Kesler is our best player but, when he's at his best, his value is not that far off from Hank and Dan's, And sometimes, the addition of one player can be instrumental in a teams' success. Suddenly, Vancouver is no longer a one line team and players like Raymond, Higgins, and/or Booth are much more effective, when they have a 70+ point Selke winner on their line. Center is the second most important position on a hockey team (outside of the goaltender) and it is very difficult to move everyone up the depth chart and expect them to produce. With Kesler, suddenly, this team is not expecting a 5ft 8" rookie or a career minor-leaguer to check the opposing teams' best player and put up 30-35 goals. And, if you've ever played hockey, you'd know that the mental side of things is HUGE. Suddenly, there's a sense of consistency in the lines, guys are building chemistry, and if you get on a roll, you're not asking a bunch of Wolves call-ups to carry that through, game-to-game.

This team has a major weakness and that is center depth. With Kesler's injury, that has been very much exposed. With that said, his return would be MASSIVE. One player CAN have that kind of effect.

It's not like you're talking about adding a player like Kesler to Columbus and expecting them to just magically turn it around. This team is almost the exact same team (with the exception of Salo and Ehrhoff) that made it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The pieces are there. They just look uninterested, lethargic, and unmotivated, proving that it's not a question of ability but, rather, that spot between the ears. A fired up Kesler can add a spark to this team and, maybe, that's all we need to get things going.

I agree with most of what youre saying except the last line.. I dont beleive at this point Kesler is enough to get this team going when they are playing the way they are and when the only players we can have play with Kesler is Raymond, Booth, or Higgy..

Kesler needs a solid passer on his line and he himself needs to get back to his game which he has shown he has lost considerably (obviously tough to blame him) his presence back will be a boost to the team for sure, I just cannot beleive that would be enough with the glaring issues this team has right now from the coaching staff down

#338 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Man the vintage jerseys looked terrible

#339 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

We had Kesler back already. And the team went 3-7.

#340 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

haha is this the same columbus that has 4 less points than the canucks and just went 1-0-1 vs the canucks? u talk like the canucks are in a higher league than the Blue Jackets....thoes days are gone along with the days of kesler being a difference maker.

#341 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

PP sucks, Edler sucks (is afraid to shoot the puck on PP just passes it to the side), Garry on first unit pp please.

Agreed Niki....make it happen MG

#342 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

We had Kesler back already. And the team went 3-7.

He broke his foot before he even finished his first game back. Let's wait until he comes back and actually plays healthy for a while, before judging his impact over the course of an injury-plagued, seven game sample-size.

Edited by nowhereman, 17 March 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#343 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Canucks powerplay is embarassingly brutal. I don't know what it's going to take to wake them up. Maybe they should put 4 d-men and Corry Schneider out on our next PP.

I think someone wants out maybe getting fired is the best way out from under AV!

Edited by CanuckleHorse, 17 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#344 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Make it better. Turn up the good..

#345 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Can someone explain to me why firing AV would help? I honestly need someone to explain.

because the coach excepts the fact that some nights they don't score and some lots of goals score..... same additude applies to the canucks..... you need a coach that will inject some life in to these guys.... i know in 94 linden said in an interview that we where just a bunch of guys that wanted it really bad.... do you ever hear from one canuck that he wants the cup really bad.... its about wanting to win... not just about making a confortable life ..... the desire just isn't there.....
Posted Image

#346 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Canucks Army just did their recap of the Wings game today: http://canucksarmy.c...marquee-matchup

Quite frankly, I'm shocked. This is 1 of maybe 5 games this season where Canucks outchanced their opponent. They only gave up 9 scoring chances, and 5 of them ended up in the net. Normally, 1 of every 6 of 7 scoring chances end up in net. So it's safe to say Lu had a rough night. What the heck is going on with this teams goaltenders this yr. They are both stinking it up, horrible EV SV%. I just don't get it.

#347 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thought the Team played like the name on the Jerseys that night
No one wanted to do the dirty work
Bet the original Millionaires never foresaw the day when the players on a team make $71,679,000 Mil/per year
Not a nice bounce back game from a whippin the last time, especially in your own barn

#348 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

So did the team

#349 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

He broke his foot before he even finished his first game back. Let's wait until he comes back and actually plays healthy for a while, before judging his impact over the course of an injury-plagued, seven game sample-size.

If we are dependent on one, injury plagued player for our success, then we deserve to lose.

#350 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

I agree with most of what youre saying except the last line.. I dont beleive at this point Kesler is enough to get this team going when they are playing the way they are and when the only players we can have play with Kesler is Raymond, Booth, or Higgy..

Kesler needs a solid passer on his line and he himself needs to get back to his game which he has shown he has lost considerably (obviously tough to blame him) his presence back will be a boost to the team for sure, I just cannot beleive that would be enough with the glaring issues this team has right now from the coaching staff down

What's wrong with Kesler and Burrows playing together. Chicago doesn't play Toews, Hossa and Kane on the same line then leave Sharp to fend for himself? Burr is our best passer outside the Twins. Put 2 scorers and one complementary player with each line. Easy team to defend when you only have one scoring line. Kesler in top form with a 3rd line center addition will solidify this team.

#351 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

If we are dependent on one, injury plagued player for our success, then we deserve to lose.

That kind of describes the Penguins.

Two years ago, Kesler was a God. He could do no wrong and was absolutely KEY to the Canucks success. Now that he's gone through a year of bad luck and injuries, the Canucks are less of team for depending on his services?

You people are like pre-teen girls, falling madly in love with some Johnny Goodlooking on Monday and then falling vehemently out love with him by Friday.

This team needs a healthy Kesler, along with a third line center and a puck moving defensemen. These are available commodities that won't pillage our cupboards. A few additions and some confidence and this team will be amongst the best in the league.

haha is this the same columbus that has 4 less points than the canucks and just went 1-0-1 vs the canucks? u talk like the canucks are in a higher league than the Blue Jackets....thoes days are gone along with the days of kesler being a difference maker.

Two years ago, 27 games into the season, Vancouver was in the EXACT same position they're in now. They had 33 points and were under-performing. By the end of the year, they were in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

But you know what? You bandwagoning kids are right. Kesler IS washed up. This core IS done. We SHOULD blow it up and start from scratch, just like we should have blown it up when we only had 33 points two seasons ago. I mean, the bandwagoners have always been proven right. We DON'T need Burrows, the Sedins ARE just second liners, and Kesler will NEVER amount to anything more than a third line center with hands of stone.
Posted Image

#352 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

This is so true. Blaming injuries is a sure mark of a loser.

#353 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

All's this team is good at anymore is getting injured, year after year it's the same old story. It's getting real old real fast.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#354 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

All I know is this team is way better then this so not to sure what went on there...and they seem to have a tendency of losing horribly during special events...which should be the times to really make an effort and show up but they don't? No dominance, no fancy plays, solid D, stellar goaltending. I still like the jersey though...unfortunately it was the only hot looking thing on the ice. There is one thing I've been noticing...the Sedins always look lost on D...someone should give them on instruction/clue as to what they should be doing on our end...I see way too many goals being scored with a Sedin standing there...maybe discuss it with Kes and the D.

Edited by Mauii, 17 March 2013 - 11:01 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#355 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

wait, the players were actually there? I thought it was just lou vs. the other team.
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#356 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Two years ago, 27 games into the season, Vancouver was in the EXACT same position they're in now. They had 33 points and were under-performing. By the end of the year, they were in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

You do realize that this season only has 48 games though, right?

#357 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

This is so true. Blaming injuries is a sure mark of a loser.

Lot of truth to it indeed.. not sure why its so difficult for some people to just face the facts of the matter.. there is no question that Kesler coming back would be a huge shot in the arm for the team.. the question is would his impact be enough to turn this team around on its own like some people make the claim it would do, but i just cant get there.. its for the team as a whole to figure it out and turn it around.

The nucks standings wise are in a good position still and id be surprised if they dont make the playoffs, but what im most concerned with is that our coaching will continue to let us down and we continue to have injuries.. kesler again and now booth again.. what if other players get injured, on our D for example?
If the recent dozen games is how the canucks play with key players out then honestly what hope is there for playoffs with guys like ebbett, alberts etc..
Im not a sky is falling type but I am a realist.. just dont see it going very great for this season.

#358 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

That kind of describes the Penguins.

Two years ago, Kesler was a God. He could do no wrong and was absolutely KEY to the Canucks success. Now that he's gone through a year of bad luck and injuries, the Canucks are less of team for depending on his services?

You people are like pre-teen girls, falling madly in love with some Johnny Goodlooking on Monday and then falling vehemently out love with him by Friday.

This team needs a healthy Kesler, along with a third line center and a puck moving defensemen. These are available commodities that won't pillage our cupboards. A few additions and some confidence and this team will be amongst the best in the league.

But you know what? You bandwagoning kids are right. Kesler IS washed up. This core IS done. We SHOULD blow it up and start from scratch, just like we should have blown it up when we only had 33 points two seasons ago. I mean, the bandwagoners have always been proven right. We DON'T need Burrows, the Sedins ARE just second liners, and Kesler will NEVER amount to anything more than a third line center with hands of stone.

It goes beyond a few missing pieces. If that were th case, the team would be playing well but losing to better teams with more pieces. That is not the case with the Nucks. This team is good on paper and chosen to be a contender at the beginning of the year. They are playing badly in all areas of the game!! Their team D coverage is confused and lacking in physicality; their forecheck is non-existent allowing teasm to break out at speed and gain the neutral zone; They are unable to attacke with speed as a unit and if they do get a chance (don't mean perimeter shots) it is one shot and the puck is on its way back to their end.

They've put in maybe 2 - 60 minute efforts all year! Throw out all the histroical references to where they were 2 years ago. None of that means anything and there is no reason to believe they can or will repeat what has happened in the past. Every year is different.

When a team is playing like the Nucks where it is playing poorly inall areas but has has no answers, it is usually a result of: a) a team full of rookies that don't know the system; -b- a new coach changing the system so players don't know really what is expected, or c) a team of vets that no longer believe in the system they are being asked to play.

Take your pick.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 17 March 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#359 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

the way we played in them made them look even worse......

#360 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Maybe but tht third goal illustrates what has been the knock on Lu for years...when the team really needs to ge the momentum going and press, he lets in a stinker that sucks the life out of the team. It's not like he had to make a spectacular save to keep them in it, just an easy one but he flubbed it., He did the same thing against Boston 2 years ago on a number of occasions. It wasn't the number of goals (that was a team issue) it was the timing of the bad ones.

Perhaps the silver lining is that MG now knows that despiute the early stellar play, Lu has not really changed much and keeping Cory is the only path forward even if Lu only garners pics or prospects.

The team needs a major shake-up as this group is too comfortable and the "boy's club" needs to be broken up. Lu could/should be the start of that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.