The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Issues with the Canucks

sassbs

May as well blow it all up... the core is aging and does not have the passion/heart or ability to move this team forward. Start by firing Gillis and the coaching staff. Trade or get rid of the bad contracts (Booth, Ballard, etc.), and any other dead weight to get something in return (draft picks and prospects). Luongo or Schneider needs to be traded (keeping them both is not a benefit).

As much as it hurts to say this, but it is rebuilding time. A complete rebuild is a must.

Simply put, the Canucks need to get younger, faster and more skilled. They need a coach that will actually develop prospects properly. If you look around, most of the West has improved but the Canucks have taken some big steps back this season.

Hello, although this is my first post, I've been reading the boards for quite sometime now.

Its gotten to the point where I just cant read anymore! Canucks are becoming more frustrating per game!!

I'll start at the top. Gillis. This man had an opportunity to trade Luongo to the Leafs for Kadri and Bozak before the season began. Gillis refused due to the lack of Gardiner. Kadri is now leading the leafs in scoring and Bozak is not to far behind. Imagine Kadri centering Raymond and Hansen.

The coach! Why does he keep messing with a good thing!! When a line has finally "gelled" he seperates them! It seems to me that the second a goalie looses (lu or schnieds) the other will start the next game! Wtf!? Every other starter in the league plays easil 75 to 80% of the games. You cant split 50/50!! Are they going to split the job come playoff time? No! They need to keep one playing and thats that!

Players.... This team was a passing sensation. I remeber they PP use to be the most feared in the league...thats before they cheaped out and let Ernhoff go and Salo!! Garrison is far too inconsitent. Ballard is Ballard. The Sedins are upsetting me as well. Yes they are great, yes they are all time leaders for scoring, but where are they when it matters?? Playoffs they disappear faster than a prostitute in church. And why is that!? Cause everybody knows if you shut down the twins, you shut down the only consitent threat this team has as far as scoring is concerned.

After kessler, the only other players i find of any scorin theat is raymond and hansen.

However, is raymond playing hard for a contract now that its up? For a 28 yr, im not impressed with his stats year after year. How much time do the Higgins, the Booths raymonds need!??!

Fans!!??? Why are they so patheticly quiet!!! Its like they are watching a movie! What happened the last few years? They use to be so loud!!! Its sad really.

And to settle this debate. Schneider is the better goalie.

For years now, luongo relied on his quick reflexes and acrobatic saves whereas schneider is sp technical and well positioned he does not need to rely on flopping around. Schneider will make a save look like a basic save where luongo will make the same save seem like the save of the game due to his poor positioning. Now that lu is getting older he is becoming slower, also, when he lets in a terrible goal thats it, he looses his composer and folds like a lawn chair! Schneider is maintains composer!

You'll see him steal games too if they played him more than 2 games in a row!!!!

This team needs a shake up! They need a corey perry! Or somone with that caliber!

Sorry for the long rant!

Btw, ive been a canucks fan for the last 19 years.

Archived