The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Booth has longterm injury he may be ineligible for amnesty buyout.

gradin123

It wasn't a 1 for 1 comparison with each player, as some are better than Booth and some are worse. It more so a comparison in that Booth brings things those players bring.

And I disagree on him. We need to keep him around for the playoffs. Not many of those players are scary, although like them Booth is a physical player, and a great forechecker, especially with his wheels and size that alot of these players don't have.

Perhaps we buy him out, perhaps not. I think it is something that should be re-visited in the summer as right now we need to focus on our team and making improvements for the the playoffs.

Don't understand the comparison you've drawn at all.

I love a good power forward, but I don't think Booth is a shade of what some of those people are.

Being put in the same sentence as Lucic and Brown is probably the greatest compliment Penner's ever received

EDIT: and I'd take almost (almost) every player you listed ahead of Booth, too.

It's not a tough comparison to figure out.

All players that won a cup that brought the kind of size, physicality and forechecking that Booth can bring.

Some are most skilled, more are more goonish.

It's not about each component of each guys game in a one for one comparison. It's just saying that Booth brings a similar forechecking/hardworking/power/physicality component to our team that those guys brought to there cup teams.

Nothing more.

Who cares? He's not being bought out anyhow.

Booth owns some of the best underlying numbers on this team this year. Scoring stats aren't everything, and 12 games worth coming off an injury - hasty thinking putting buyout and Booth in the same sentence.

Who cares? He's not being bought out anyhow.

Booth owns some of the best underlying numbers on this team this year. Scoring stats aren't everything, and 12 games worth coming off an injury - hasty thinking putting buyout and Booth in the same sentence.

This is a great opportunity for Jensen. Let's see what the kid can do after a few games in the AHL. Never been a big Booth fan, but if he used his size a little more maybe he could be useful. But his cap his is outrageous. It's something Kevin Lowe would sign.

David Booth is exactly what this team needs, MG will never trade or buy him out. He's a big strong power forward, basically the only Canuck apart from Kassian who's willing to take the puck hard to the net. He can hit, he's fast and he's capable of scoring 30 goals. That combination is a rare one.

Why do you think everyone want's big, skilled forwards? Why do you think MG drafted Gaunce and Jensen? Why do you think Boston and L.A won the Cup? Because of big, fast hitting forwards who can score.

Apart from Booth, we're very thin in that department. Burrows doesn't know how to deliver a big hit. Kesler hasn't knocked a guy flat in a while. All we really have are Higgins and Kassian in that area.

Players like Booth win Cups. His poor regular season play gets a pass because he had no training camp and just a handful of games to get into mid-season form. Hopefully he can come back with a couple of weeks before the playoffs, because that's where players like Booth shine.

I enjoy Booth as a player and as a person. I think our 2nd line is a mess as we don't have a playmaker. They line itself seems to drive hard to the net, but seems to lack any sort of strategy beyond that. It's like a skilled (on paper) grinding line.

Back to Booth, I'm wondering how many of these injuries pertain to his conditioning (or lack there of) during the lockout.

Chalk it all up to poor coaching in Booth's case.

The first day they coulda' whispered in his ear..."PP's are an endangered existence-but we need you to KILL them-EFFICIENTLY!!!"

Man, this guy woulda worked his behind 'til it fell right OFF! We had the best killer, right under AV's schnozz...

Posted a month ago they should deal this bum! Why can't the fans run the show?!

Archived