The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN Canucks vs MIN Wild - 03/18/13

Strombone1

Canucks_VS_Wilds2.jpg

24fxwnp.jpg

• Minnesota's victory in the most recent matchup of these teams moved it into a tie with Vancouver in points. They remain even heading into Monday's action, setting up a battle for sole possession of first place in the Northwest.

fmq8le.jpg

GDT_Title10.jpg

• The offense has been clicking of late for Minnesota, which comes into this game off a home-and-home sweep of Colorado. Four different Wild scored in the first period alone Saturday afternoon in Denver, with Devin Setoguchi netting the first of his two goals and adding an assist on a Kyle Brodziak tally that opened up a 4-1 lead after 20 minutes. Niklas Backstrom didn't have an easy afternoon, as the Avalanche kept clawing back, but the Wild added some insurance and held on for a 6-4 victory.

• It took all of six seconds after the opening puck drop Saturday for Alexandre Burrows to deposit a shot past Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard, but between then and the time Burrows scored again with 2:38 left in the third period

GDT_Title15.jpg

• Fourth and final meeting of the regular season between these Northwest Division rivals. The Canucks won the first two, but the Wild prevailed 4-2 on March 10 as Zach Parise scored twice and set up the decisive goal by Jared Spurgeon.

GDT_Title16.jpg

• 13-8-6, 32 pts

• Henrik Sedin: 26 Points

• Daniel Sedin: 8 Goals

• Henrik Sedin: 19 Assists

GDT_Title17.jpg

• 15-10-2, 32 pts

• Ryan Suter: 23 Points

• Zach Parise: 11 Goals

• Ryan Suter: 21 Assists

2e48zl2.jpg

Injured: Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra, Zack Kassian, David Booth

Scratched: Cam Barker, Andrew Alberts

GDT_Title18.jpg

Injured: Mike Rupp, Jason Zucker, Josh Harding

GDT_Title19.jpg

CREDIT

I hope we come last in the league this year. We are injured and our team is just done. I want a top 5 pick in the draft.

There is no point in squeezing into the playoffs and losing.

Well I had tickets for the Detroit debacle and I left the game at the end of the second boring boring boring. Played apparently by amateurs who embarrassed their uniforms. I have tickets for the Minny game and tickets for the St Louis game and frankly don't want to go. Saturday night was enough to insult the least knowledgeable fan of the sport

Well I had tickets for the Detroit debacle and I left the game at the end of the second boring boring boring. Played apparently by amateurs who embarrassed their uniforms. I have tickets for the Minny game and tickets for the St Louis game and frankly don't want to go. Saturday night was enough to insult the least knowledgeable fan of the sport

It's funny how the canucks coaching staff keeps saying how atrocious the pp is and they keep throwing the same players out there with the same plays over and over again!!!!!

Sedin-sedin-Hansen

Bieksa-garrison

Burrow-ebbett-Higgins

Raymond-edler

Give hammer a break, we need him playing hard minutes in the playoffs not useless minutes on the pp in the regular season

Archived