1074 replies to this topic

#91 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Not to sound like a doom and gloom purveyor, but I don't think the Canucks have much of a chance in this game. I'm going to say 4-1 Minnesota.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#92 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Lui gets the start

Some may be surprised but 1 goal against in his past 4 starts at home vs Minny is likely the reason. Hopefully he keeps that up because we probably aren't scoring more than 2

#93 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Luongo starting LOL
Posted Image

#94 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,990 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Nice GDT!

I'm going to the game! My first (and likely only) game of the season.

What time do doors open for a 7pm start?
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#95 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

1 get over it
2 he's a minus player
3 his team is second last
4. Fair trade other than losing sulzner which is nuts

Just going to chime in:

1. I'll get over it when Gillis gets fired. Until then, that trade is his most colossal screw up that he has not been accountable for.
2. He plays for a crappy team. Pavel Bure was a minus player five seasons of his career, was he bad?
3. See point 2. His team isn't good enough, that doesn't mean some of the players aren't good. You wouldn't argue that Thomas Vanek is a bad player because his team is losing, you only do so for Hodgson because of his connection to our team.
4. If it was such a fair trade, do you think Buffalo would agree to trade Hodgson back for Kassian (allowing them to keep Sulzer)? Pretty sure they'd laugh in Gillis' face and hang up.

Edited by Gretzky's Mullet, 18 March 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

#96 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Just going to chime in:

1. I'll get over it when Gillis gets fired. Until then, that trade is his most colossal screw up that he has not been accountable for.
2. He plays for a crappy team. Pavel Bure was a minus player five seasons of his career, was he bad?
3. See point 2. His team isn't good enough, that doesn't mean some of the players aren't good. You wouldn't argue that Thomas Vanek is a bad player because his team is losing, you only do so for Hodgson because of his connection to our team.
4. If it was such a fair trade, do you think Buffalo would agree to trade Hodgson back for Kassian (allowing them to keep Sulzer)? Pretty sure they'd laugh in Gillis' face and hang up.

Sounds like you will be cryin for awhile..hope you enjoy it.

#97 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sounds like you will be cryin for awhile..hope you enjoy it.

Well, if you're actually a Canucks fan you'll be joining me in the tears in a few weeks. This team has crash and burn written all over it. It didn't start with the Hodgson trade, but that certainly hasn't helped.
Posted Image

#98 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,711 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Luongo starting LOL

Please....for the love of all things, bring back the minus!

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#99 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Well, if you're actually a Canucks fan you'll be joining me in the tears in a few weeks. This team has crash and burn written all over it. It didn't start with the Hodgson trade, but that certainly hasn't helped.

If they don't make the playoffs then it will be the start of a rebuild, it's only then you can judge the GM you so hate. Chill out all teams go through some sort of rebuild some are good at some not so much.

#100 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I look at this game as the beginning of a very important 9 game stretch before the deadline. I hope we can come out of it with at least 12pts and solidify our position amongst the top 8. While this game is not necessarily a "must-win" game, we are in a must win stretch of games that will decide if we are indeed buyers at the deadline.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#101 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Last game against Minnesota Wild before they go join their new division..
Go Canucks Go, get the win tonight!

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#102 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

WIth Ebbett and Schroeder in the lineup, AV finally has the kind of grit he likes. I expect the Nucks to try and dominate physically and intimidate Minny tonight. :bigblush:

#103 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

If they don't make the playoffs then it will be the start of a rebuild, it's only then you can judge the GM you so hate. Chill out all teams go through some sort of rebuild some are good at some not so much.

I have no faith at all in MG being the GM to do a rebuild in Vancouver. If this team goes down that road.. Gillis will be the first one shipped out of town.

#104 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

You and Cody and Zack can all sit on a couch together and watch the first round of the playoffs .. :towel:

Edited by Tearloch7, 18 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#105 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Nice GDT!

I'm going to the game! My first (and likely only) game of the season.

What time do doors open for a 7pm start?

6 PM they open but go in through the Canucks store @ 5.45pm do some shopping.. Go straight to the lower bowl right up to the glass by the Canucks bench... and watch your favorite Canuck close up during the warm-ups. If your lucky you might get a practice puck. Take a ton of pictures and Have Fun.. Go Canucks Go.

#106 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Oh man our lineup looks so thin with all these injuries, hoping it looks like this though

Sedins - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Ebbett - Lappiere
Weise - Pinz - Sestito

Hopefully the Sedins really step up and come up with a 2 or 3 goal performance that's the only way I can see the Canucks winning unless Schroeder really impresses and Higgins pulls off a legendary performance. I don't know about this one, I think we'd be lucky to win with that lineup but I hope we pull it off!

#107 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,100 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

VanCanucks
AV: Lines are still to be determined vs. Wild.
AV: Kassian remains day-to-day. Booth will be evaluated this afternoon.

annschmaltz
AV on team struggles "Not enough credit given to other teams in the conference. We're trying sort out goaltending, special teams & 5 on 5."

We'll have to wait and see maybe on where Schroeder fits in, but looks like Kassian is for sure not playing tonight. Once we find out about Booth and if we can put him on IR, then we may know more about further callups (if needed) as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#108 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

We'll have to wait and see maybe on where Schroeder fits in, but looks like Kassian is for sure not playing tonight. Once we find out about Booth and if we can put him on IR, then we may know more about further callups (if needed) as well.

Can't believe AV is blaming his shortcomings on other teams being good. If you're trying to sort out goaltending, pick a number one and run with him. If you want special teams to improve, TAKE EDLER OFF AND PUT GARRISON ON. 5 on 5? Stop messing with the lines that do work. Dale Weise has NO business on the third line.

#109 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,342 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

When did we become a team that makes excuses? It seems to trickle down from management all the way to the coaches.

So we're not doing good because there's other good teams in the league? :picard: No sh!t, this is the NHL.

Is that an excuse for not playing hard, being pathetic on the powerplay, and struggling to keep the puck out of your net? That's the biggest cop out answer I've ever heard!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#110 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Please....for the love of all things, bring back the minus!

Yeah, maybe then I can minus AV? I'm sorry, but this bum has absolutely no clue of what to do.

Seriously, we played the wings and Luongo got lit up, let in EIGHT goals. What does he do? He plays Luongo at home against the Wings. Stupid. In fact, I think an eight year old could have made the decision on that one. Giving up 5 goals when you know our offence is pretty thin atm is unacceptable. Then, after giving up 9 goals in the last two outings, who gets the start? Luongo. LOOL!

And don't give me the BS of back to back. Go cry me a river. It's not even a road game next, they don't have to travel after the game. Schneider deserves this start, and we all know it.
Posted Image

#111 Cherimoya

Cherimoya

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

2-0 Canucks

Daniel gets one while being elbowed in the head by Keith disguised as Heatley.

Luongo gets a shutout WHILE filming another TSN goalie controversy spoof.

Bieksa has to make a last minute diving save on an empty net as Luongo is getting powdered for the final take of the spoof and goes down ice to make it 2-0.

Green men (if in attendance) get assaulted by Clutterbuck and are taken to emergency.

Schneider takes out Luongo's legs as players are skating off the ice after saluting the crowd, pumps his fist and skates off the ice.

#112 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I have said that I feel we are turning the corner and I still believe it. We pummelled the Wings goalie with no luck and I think we will do the same against wild.

4-1 Canucks.
Tanev, Raymond, Hank 2
Kevin.jpg

#113 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,342 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, maybe then I can minus AV? I'm sorry, but this bum has absolutely no clue of what to do.

Seriously, we played the wings and Luongo got lit up, let in EIGHT goals. What does he do? He plays Luongo at home against the Wings. Stupid. In fact, I think an eight year old could have made the decision on that one. Giving up 5 goals when you know our offence is pretty thin atm is unacceptable. Then, after giving up 9 goals in the last two outings, who gets the start? Luongo. LOOL!

And don't give me the BS of back to back. Go cry me a river. It's not even a road game next, they don't have to travel after the game. Schneider deserves this start, and we all know it.

Well I agree that Schneider should have started against the Wings after Luongo's previous game against them. But if you look at the numbers, Luongo should get the start at home against the Wild.

And Schneider has been much better against the Blues than Luongo has. Something about Luongo and the Blues at home never seems to go well.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#114 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

You left at the end of the second when it was 2-1? Wow what a fan you are.

Boring hockey, 10 dollar beer..disgusting looks for cheering on the home team, boring hockey......
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#115 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Well I agree that Schneider should have started against the Wings after Luongo's previous game against them. But if you look at the numbers, Luongo should get the start at home against the Wild.

According to NHL.com Lu is getting the start tonight.
http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Roberto Luongo will make his fourth straight start in goal for the Vancouver Canucks when the team hosts the Minnesota Wild on Thursday.
Luongo allowed five goals on 26 shots in a 5-2 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday, but prior to had had allowed just five goals on 60 shots in the two previous games.

For the season, Luongo is 7-3-3 in 14 games, with a 2.42 goals-against average, .905 save percentage and two shutouts.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#116 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

"This is a big game for us. We're all aware of what the standings are like." - Luongo

Go, Canucks, go!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#117 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Is the love of my life starting tonight o.O?!?

To be honest even I'm a bit surprised lol... guess Cory will get tomorrow. No complaints though...
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#118 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Lets go boys. 1-0 nux
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#119 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

WHAT! Lou starting... is AV really still flipping that coin.

#120 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Schnieder gets next game, but AV wants to give Lu a chance to bounce back and solidify himself. He started Schneider recently after a few loses too.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.