Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[GDT] VAN Canucks vs MIN Wild - 03/18/13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1074 replies to this topic

#121 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Atleast keep it close. That's all I ask for.
jersey collection.jpg

#122 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well hopefully the anger burrows showed scoring at the end of the Detroit game translates to more goals..... I think they need a total shakeup on the power play.... Perhaps split the twins so they don't fall into an endless timeticker cycle situation ....

Who knows what hypes this team up anymore.... Maybe next year they won't be so complacent with the expanded division changes...

Sigh..... Just play hard for 60 minutes in an attempt to win.....

#123 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

AV on team struggles "Not enough credit given to other teams in the conference. We're trying sort out goaltending, special teams & 5 on 5."

I still think this team has a lot to give, but, that doesn't leave a whole lot left they have sorted out,
does it?
Posted Image

#124 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Ballard is playing!!!!!!!!!!

st3sHOQ.png

CDCFL Bruins |  EHL Canucks

#125 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

AV on team struggles "Not enough credit given to other teams in the conference. We're trying sort out goaltending, special teams & 5 on 5."

I still think this team has a lot to give, but, that doesn't leave a whole lot left they have sorted out,
does it?

In other words, we are trying to sort out every single fundamental aspect of hockey......

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#126 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

does it?

Not enough credit given to the other teams? So what is he saying here? That yes, we do suck ball$, but that's because other teams are actually trying?
I'm sick of this goof
Posted Image

#127 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,845 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, maybe then I can minus AV? I'm sorry, but this bum has absolutely no clue of what to do.

Seriously, we played the wings and Luongo got lit up, let in EIGHT goals. What does he do? He plays Luongo at home against the Wings. Stupid. In fact, I think an eight year old could have made the decision on that one. Giving up 5 goals when you know our offence is pretty thin atm is unacceptable. Then, after giving up 9 goals in the last two outings, who gets the start? Luongo. LOOL!

And don't give me the BS of back to back. Go cry me a river. It's not even a road game next, they don't have to travel after the game. Schneider deserves this start, and we all know it.

Nope...AV is rolling the dice stats.
Yes, I agree, Schneider should have started the last Wings game and/or split it (like an All Star game).

But against the Wild at home, Luongo rules...

"Since earning a 4-3 overtime win there Jan. 31, 2009, the Wild have been outscored 40-15 during an 0-9-2 skid. Roberto Luongo has started nine times, posting a 1.33 goals-against average and three shutouts."

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#128 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Higgins-Schroeder-Pinizzotto

is a line tonight.

st3sHOQ.png

CDCFL Bruins |  EHL Canucks

#129 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Higgins-Schroeder-Pinizzotto

is a line tonight.

That should be fun to watch. I expect them to play solid. 3 hard workers and a pretty decent skill set overall
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#130 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

wow, look at all the doom and gloom, it is going to be a good game, regardless, is sweatt playing tonight??

#131 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Nope...AV is rolling the dice stats.
Yes, I agree, Schneider should have started the last Wings game and/or split it (like an All Star game).

But against the Wild at home, Luongo rules...

"Since earning a 4-3 overtime win there Jan. 31, 2009, the Wild have been outscored 40-15 during an 0-9-2 skid. Roberto Luongo has started nine times, posting a 1.33 goals-against average and three shutouts."

I doubt AV realizes this isn't the same Wild team as the ones from the past. Poor guy is getting bad advice.

#132 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Looking forward to this one.

#133 BurrsArrows

BurrsArrows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

3-2 Canucks, Brutally close game.

1. Cullen (2:56- 1st per. EV)
2. Raymond (11:23- 1st per. EV)
3. Daniel (5:44- 2nd per. PP)
4. Coyle (8:21- 3rd per. EV)
5. Daniel (18:37- 3rd per. EV)

Luongo not stellar, but decent. Hansen great with 7 shots.

#134 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

does it?

AV in denial. How other teams play has no bearing on the lack of urgency in our team. It has no bearing on why this team does not change the strategies or ideas and just keeps doing the same thing over and over waiting for it to magically work again.

Seriously, if this is the coaching staff trying to sort things out they should be replaced with others who will actually DO something other than wait.

#135 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

AV in denial. How other teams play has no bearing on the lack of urgency in our team. It has no bearing on why this team does not change the strategies or ideas and just keeps doing the same thing over and over waiting for it to magically work again.

Seriously, if this is the coaching staff trying to sort things out they should be replaced with others who will actually DO something other than wait.

Yup, they've been playing with no heart or energy since jan 2012. After the first round exit, AV should have been fired. What does MG do? Gives him an extension. Just unbelievable. AV is not addressing the shortcomings of this team and he needs to go. Hell, he doesn't even ice the best team half of the time by keeping out ballard (I realize ballard is playing tonight). For a team that is already struggling with injuries, keeping out a better play is unacceptable.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 18 March 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#136 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Well I agree that Schneider should have started against the Wings after Luongo's previous game against them. But if you look at the numbers, Luongo should get the start at home against the Wild.

And Schneider has been much better against the Blues than Luongo has. Something about Luongo and the Blues at home never seems to go well.

FIne but Cory hasn't played in a week. DOes anyone really think he couldn't handle a back to back?

Lu has been below average of late but still gets the starts. It's not llike Lu has earned the right to start, which is supposed to be AV's mantra. If AV was intentionally trying to stir the controversy pit or mess with Cory's hed, he couldn't plan it any better.

I hope I can lose a tooth so the tooth fairy grants me my wish of seeing AV booted down the road.

#137 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Schnieder gets next game, but AV wants to give Lu a chance to bounce back and solidify himself. He started Schneider recently after a few loses too.

Losses yes, blow outs no.

Lu has not played well enough to earn the start and Cory should be starting this critical game. Tired of the "Lu needs to work through it" BS!.

#138 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

AV just doesn't know how to manage players properly, it's like he is guessing all the time on what to do and just hoping something will work. When the ones that do work right infront of his eyes, he just can't see it or he just changes them up anyways, just weird coaching and brutal.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#139 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Lu has not played well enough to earn the start and Cory should be starting this critical game. Tired of the "Lu needs to work through it" BS!.

Maybe they're trying to make it look like Luongo has earned back his starting position to try one last attempt to boost his value. Unfortunately his play has been average and hasn't helped that cause much.

This is just AV doing what he does best. Which is the same thing he always does. Lean on the guys that have given him success. And that's Luongo. AV owes his job to Luongo, and he's gonna keep playing him the majority of games as long as he's here.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#140 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

AV might only have 20 games left behind the bench if these guys dont pick it up
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#141 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Congratulations to head athletic trainer, Mike Burnstein, who celebrates his 1500th game tonight! http://v.canucks.com/15Wq8Ol

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#142 crossbar and in

crossbar and in

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

It's funny how the canucks coaching staff keeps saying how atrocious the pp is and they keep throwing the same players out there with the same plays over and over again!!!!!

Sedin-sedin-Hansen
Bieksa-garrison

Burrow-ebbett-Higgins
Raymond-edler

Give hammer a break, we need him playing hard minutes in the playoffs not useless minutes on the pp in the regular season

That is the definition of insanity, expecting different results while doing the same things.

#143 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Maybe they're trying to make it look like Luongo has earned back his starting position to try one last attempt to boost his value. Unfortunately his play has been average and hasn't helped that cause much.

This is just AV doing what he does best. Which is the same thing he always does. Lean on the guys that have given him success. And that's Luongo. AV owes his job to Luongo, and he's gonna keep playing him the majority of games as long as he's here.

Unfortunately, you are likely right.

Further evidence as to why AV has no tricks left and needs to move on. The team is changing, the league has changed and AV hasn't.

#144 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

How does Luongo get the start? He was awful against Detroit and only sub par against Nashville. If I'm Schneider I'm asking for a trade. Who want to play for a coach like A.V.? He doesn't understand the game.

#145 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

How does Luongo get the start? He was awful against Detroit and only sub par against Nashville. If I'm Schneider I'm asking for a trade. Who want to play for a coach like A.V.? He doesn't understand the game.

Luongo plays well against Minnesota. Schneider hasn`t been fantastic this season either.

23NCfNh.png

Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the awesome sig

#146 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

You're getting paid 4 million a year and living in one of the best cities in the world... also learning from one of the greatest goalies in NHL history.

You want a trade to Columbus?
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#147 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

You're getting paid 4 million a year and living in one of the best cities in the world... also learning from one of the greatest goalies in NHL history.

You want a trade to Columbus?

That Luongo quote in your sig just gave me the chills bro!
Posted Image

#148 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

That Luongo quote in your sig just gave me the chills bro!

For me it was "learning from one of the greatest goalies in NHL history"!!!

Unless, of course, he has evidence that Cory is taking advice from Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur!!

#149 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

apart from the 8-1 loss while ago, not any other blowouts. Lu losing 5-2 to the wings is a blowout but Schnieder losing 4-2 to the wild is not? 1 goal is the difference between a blowout and not? lol ok
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#150 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Add me to the list of those who've grown tired of Vigneault's idiocy. I'm even starting to question Gillis.

This is like the Leafs last yr, with Burke/Wilson. It's gone bad. Might get horrible...

Prob 6-2 Wild. RL gets pulled, destroying what's left of his value-he NEVER should have started the last game!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.