36 replies to this topic

#31 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Just so you know it would change nothing. Other teams would still focus primarily on shtting down sedins therefor even on "2nd line" they still are actually 1st line.
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#32 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

actually, I'm trying to discuss the idea of putting the twins on the second line.....why not?

The number one reason is no matter what number you assign the line, if the teams best two players are on it, that is your number one line. I think you are trolling so i will leave it at that.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#33 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Kassian - Schroeder - Jensen
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Higgins - Kesler

Point I am making is: Why do the twins deserve first-line duties? Don't other teams put young offense-minded talent on their first line?

Is this a joke?

#34 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,660 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

whole lotta fail in this post. this kid knows nothing.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#35 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yes I totally agree, demote the top point getters to the second line putting Kassian and two completely nhl inexperienced players on our first line is a great idea that will surely make our team player better.

My sarcasm detector is ringing. B)
Posted Image

#36 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#37 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

^^ this
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.