The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SILVER LINING (Cos' we need it)...

Nuxfanabroad

. 4 games in 6 nights this week. . If they don't show up and win 3 of them. You can kiss the playoffs good bye. I don't see any silver lining in not making the playoffs. MG better be able to see the problem and make changes when necessary. He better not sit on his arse and let this team turn into a bubble team like the Flames.

Some good points. But I'm not ready to give up on this season yet.

I think with some bold trades at the deadline, and a little luck with injuries, this team can still make some noise.

Our goaltenders are too good to play this average for too long. If either Schneider or Luongo get hot in the playoffs, this team can still go far. We just need some secondary scoring so the Sedins don`t have to carry the load. Also a third line centerman who can win faceoffs is a must.

But I agree about being able to retool on the fly. I think this team has some great up and coming players like Jensen, Lack, Corrado, Andersson and Gaunce that should be able to fill in the holes in the next couple years.

I don't think the goalies have been the issue. It's the average defense in front of them that is.

Until Gillis makes an acquisition or trade to deal with the overpaid and underperforming blueline (Alex Edler mainly), both Luongo and Schneider will continue to be peppered with shots and unfairly blamed for the teams shortcomings.

I strongly believe that Gillis doesn't have any willing trade partners. And we ain't taking scraps in return...just for the sake of a trade.

Good thread, OP!! Those of us who've been through the late 80's and 90's love the fact that struggling is being tied for first in the division with 20 games left.

Positivity WallSt, is the name of this game(thread-theme). If you also remember the 70's(bleak, weren't they?), surely you can think of an angle to cheer up the faithfull.

On that note, I tell you all I smell a Schneiderman sudden-reappearance coming...senses tingling-hell, this guy's too damtalented to not snap outa'it!! I say he's goin on a big run!

Positivity WallSt, is the name of this game(thread-theme). If you also remember the 70's(bleak, weren't they?), surely you can think of an angle to cheer up the faithfull.

On that note, I tell you all I smell a Schneiderman sudden-reappearance coming...senses tingling-hell, this guy's too damtalented to not snap outa'it!! I say he's goin on a big run!

I've been a fan since the mid/late 70's..........and I don't love the fact that this team plays with no heart, no urgency, and no accountability.

Playing in a weak division ends this year. This team needs to play a lot better to not be on the outside looking in next season.........they could well end up there this season too if they don't stop thinking like you are.

Archived