#1 Outsiders

Outsiders

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

POPULAR

Kesler has been hurt now for a along time. He cant seem to stay healthy. Should we trade him and get a great centre that can actually stay healthy and can compete night in and night out. Tell me what you think.

bhzi9k.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk - Eddie Lack - Jake Virtanen 

Your next Generation of Canucks 

Credit To -Vintage Canuck-

#2 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

The thing is, he's always rushing to get back to play. He tried waiting it out this time but honestly, he wasn't playing the same.. He should honestly just be much more patient this time around and he'll play like he's paid to play.. He needs time and patience and he knows it but he's desperately trying to get back

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

POPULAR

The thing is, he's always rushing to get back to play. He tried waiting it out this time but honestly, he wasn't playing the same.. He should honestly just be much more patient this time around and he'll play like he's paid to play.. He needs time and patience and he knows it but he's desperately trying to get back

I don't think he was rushed back this last time since the injury he suffered was completely unrelated. Kesler was a beast in his first game back. He made our power play extremely dangerous. It's too bad that he broke his foot in the first game back. He is the engine that runs this team and we are nothing without him. If he can't stay healthy, we are in trouble, but when he is healthy he is vital to the success of this team.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#4 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

POPULAR

are you kidding me..........kesler is the team and we neeeeed him badly.

more like booth,schreoder,lu and ballards times are up and maybe even kassian could be in with those guys.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#5 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Uuum...he broke his foot trying to block a shot this time around.

How the heck does that have anything to do with rushing back?

And while were at it, let's also tell Kes not to go into the corners and hit anybody either.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,245 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

No :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I wouldnt trade him.

But even if Gillis wants to, Kesler has a No Trade Clause and wants to remain a Canuck for life.

#8 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I do honestly believe when he came back he was 100%, but then he got injured. That injury to some players might just be a brusie, MRI showed nothing, so he continued playing. This is someone 100% of the players in the NHL would have done. He didn't know it was severe. and no, he's not going anywhere. I don't care if you haters say he dives, or not, we need him badly right now. Our centers depth have taken a huge beaten with him out.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 17 March 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#9 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I still think his importance to the team is just below the sedins and just above burrows, bieksa and the other vets.

ei. we could get along without him, but it would be difficult and not in dominating fashion.

Edited by knoxdown, 17 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#10 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

POPULAR

Kesler has been hurt now for a along time. He cant seem to stay healthy. Should we trade him and get a great centre that can actually stay healthy and can compete night in and night out. Tell me what you think.

A great centre like Crosby? Or Bergeron of the Bruins? Both centres. Both missed a lot of time. Both back playing great.

Enough with the knee-jerk reactions.
Posted Image

#11 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Let me get this straight, you want to trade one of the few players that actually show up to games and actually care about the teams success?

You trade Kesler, you're basically going into rebuild mode.
Posted Image

#12 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

We need players that don't hit,fight or block shots.Maybe Jimmy Carson is available?

#13 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hmmm, let's see. Gillis has been desperately trying to acquire a useful centre since the Hodgson trade, so much so that he gave up a few mid-round picks for "4 years past his prime" Pahlsson. Then Manny went down for good.

Yeah, let's trade Kesler and create an even bigger Grand Canyon-like hole down the centre!

#14 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Id float his name in the offseason to see whats out there... why not? I really like Kesler, but not as a top 6 center... He has and will always play better with grinders... Hes a franchise 3rd line center with PP prowess. He's an extremely valueable piece, but he had some injury issues, and it might just be better to cut bait while his value is still there alla Linden and Bertuzzi....

#15 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Id float his name in the offseason to see whats out there... why not? I really like Kesler, but not as a top 6 center... He has and will always play better with grinders... Hes a franchise 3rd line center with PP prowess. He's an extremely valueable piece, but he had some injury issues, and it might just be better to cut bait while his value is still there alla Linden and Bertuzzi....

And who would you go after to replace Kesler at C, keeping in mind that our 4 centres would effectively then be Hank, Schroeder at 2, Lapierre at 3, and Ebbett/name your plug at 4?

And who do you think would want to acquire a 5 million cap hit for a player who's had major injuries the past few years?

And the NTC?

And the team distraction once it's known around the league that Gillis just happens to have "floated" his name out there?

And the comparative value coming back our way should any of the above align with highly improbable seamless ease?

#16 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Lets trade Kesler for Vermette because he hasnt missed a game in 3 seasons!!!

Seriously, if you consider trading Kesler you should really cheer for another team or possibly another sport.

#17 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Would anyone do him straight-up for Hodgson? Would be kind of amusing.

#18 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

So basically we get a healthy great centre for an injury prone centre.

Sure

Not sure who would do this though
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#19 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

It's a very difficult situation. Kesler has been great at times although finds himself not contributing. Then there's the diving and poor playoff performances. Moving him would be an extremely difficult decision and I feel very unlikely at this point.

Edited by Special Ed, 17 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#20 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Nah, he'll bounce back. I predict 30 goals next season.

#21 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

It would depend on two things.

1) Would he be willing to waive his NTC, and would he give Gillis a list of destinations?
2) Depends on what we'd get back for him.

If it's a deal that makes sense, I'd do it.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#22 VanCityNuck

VanCityNuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

No.

#23 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yeah,let's trade one of the greatest players this team has.

#24 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

right now, without him, we suck. and with him playing injured, we sucked

we've sucked since he got injured the game before the scf (talk about a curse)

there is no replacement - he comes back and plays like a player in his prime, and we can compete for the cup in the next few years, or we need to rebuild. we don't have the parts to trade for a legit top line center / 2nd line center.

he was the whole reason the team did well, imho. the team followed him.

#25 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

KESLER HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE!!! Can we please stop with the stupid knee jerk reactions of trading him every three seconds (especially since he is hurt) honestly its getting rather annoying.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 17 March 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#26 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Seriously, you gotta think this through a bit better. Kesler, is an amasing player, who gives it every shift, honestly, I'd play him head to head against any other center on the planet. Problem here is, we would expect him to score 40 while doing it. He just played 3 games with a broken foot and you say trade him????? You ask him to go through a wall, he will try! He has heart and tenacity, which is so rare, when added to speed and defensive IQ. Did I mention his shot?

Let's put it this way, if Edler had the attributes of Kesler, he would be a yearly Norris Trophy winner.........Jeezzz, you got me all disconbobulated! Unless, you can get one of the maybe 10 offensive centermen in the league in a trade, we had better keep him.
Besides Datsyuk, name me a better 2 way center and see if you can get him from his team, and then I'll maybe do it!

Shheesh!

#27 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

He broke his foot this time, that's just bad luck. Players break stuff blocking shots all the time, it can happen to anyone. Look at it this way this just gives his serious injury more time to rest. Who knows, maybe this foot break prolongs his career on that one fact alone.

I dunno if gillis hits a home run with this goalie trade and gets us a future star centreman, we can probably afford to trade him to Detroit in a couple years for a hefty package... Could go for a first and prospect like the staal deal.

#28 Outsiders

Outsiders

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

KESLER HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE!!! Can we please stop with the stupid knee jerk reactions of trading him every three seconds (especially since he is hurt) honestly its getting rather annoying.

I never said he was getting traded did .. I said and I quote
Is Kesler's time in Vancouver over?

bhzi9k.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk - Eddie Lack - Jake Virtanen 

Your next Generation of Canucks 

Credit To -Vintage Canuck-

#29 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

yeah its over, just like Kassian, Booth, Bieksa, Edler and anyone who has been injured so far. Afterall, we have great young phenoms like Ebbett replacing him and we have won so many games this season without Kesler.

Posted Image

#30 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I never said he was getting traded did .. I said and I quote
Is Kesler's time in Vancouver over?

Your question is as stupid as someone saying if your time has come to an end and you need to spend the rest of it on life support. Kesler is 27 years old and has a great contract.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.