The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Vandameer loses his mind

ConstableSidhu

Vandermeer is a god among men for doing this. Everyone else picks a guy to scrap with, Vandermeer deliberately fights his way on the bench and every Icehog is crapping their pants! Gold! Hogs were dirtbags during the lockout, not surprising that even with Bollig and Bolland gone, they still are. Morin and Beach were always dicks.

I pray MG sees this and thinks "Yeah, we need some of that".

All do respect to Tanev and Ballard but they're not physical enough for the playoffs. Great during the regular season, but Tanev was dominated by Los Angeles last playoffs.

This is a playoff-ready, hard hitting defence that will grind opponents down. That's how you win in the playoffs, not with slick-skating D men who are smaller than the opponents forwards:

Edler - Garrison (both giants, Garrison's been great in front of our own net)

Bieksa - Hamhuis (Bieksa has lifted his physical play this season)

Alberts - Vandermeer (15 minutes of big hitting hockey, grind opponents down in the corners)

We've only ever had 1 big hitting defenceman in the playoffs and that's Edler, last season against LA he wasn't on his game and their forwards dominated our smaller defence. With Alberts and Vandermeer on the blueline that simply won't happen. They may be a defensive liability and not bring much offence, but their job is simply to physically break down opposing team's forwards which is more important than anything else over a 7 game series. Sure we may get scored on and beaten early in series, but as the series goes on their forwards will be weaker, ours will be fresher and we will outlast them.

That's exactly how Boston beat the Canucks (and Canadiens, and Tampa Bay), and how Los Angeles cruised to a Cup.

All do respect to Tanev and Ballard but they're not physical enough for the playoffs. Great during the regular season, but Tanev was dominated by Los Angeles last playoffs.

This is a playoff-ready, hard hitting defence that will grind opponents down. That's how you win in the playoffs, not with slick-skating D men who are smaller than the opponents forwards:

Edler - Garrison (both giants, Garrison's been great in front of our own net)

Bieksa - Hamhuis (Bieksa has lifted his physical play this season)

Alberts - Vandermeer (15 minutes of big hitting hockey, grind opponents down in the corners)

We've only ever had 1 big hitting defenceman in the playoffs and that's Edler, last season against LA he wasn't on his game and their forwards dominated our smaller defence. With Alberts and Vandermeer on the blueline that simply won't happen. They may be a defensive liability and not bring much offence, but their job is simply to physically break down opposing team's forwards which is more important than anything else over a 7 game series. Sure we may get scored on and beaten early in series, but as the series goes on their forwards will be weaker, ours will be fresher and we will outlast them.

That's exactly how Boston beat the Canucks (and Canadiens, and Tampa Bay), and how Los Angeles cruised to a Cup.

Vandermeer seemed to be the victim. He didn't know the gate wasn't latched and before he could get off the guy he was set on. After that he started throwing haymakers.

I've been saying for a while that this guy has played on the wing before and we should have brought him up rather than putting out a needless salary to Sestito. Desbiens is also a guy who can play 4th but I don't think he is ours anymore.

Desbiens is Canucks property, Bodee...UFA in July 2013.

One thing for sure, the Hawks are doing a good job of breeding more rats in their minor system. Watching the sh!t that Jeremy Morin (#19) does drives me crazy...sucker punches Desbiens and runs for the hills. Morin has stones made of sand.

I was on record in a previous post where I stated the Vandermeer is not the answer for addressing the team's lack of "pugnacity"...I stand corrected. I love the way he stood up for Desbiens. After seeing this clip, I'm convinced that Vandermeer would make every player on the Canucks roster feel 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. It's time to call him up.

Vandermeer seemed to be the victim. He didn't know the gate wasn't latched and before he could get off the guy he was set on. After that he started throwing haymakers.

I've been saying for a while that this guy has played on the wing before and we should have brought him up rather than putting out a needless salary to Sestito. Desbiens is also a guy who can play 4th but I don't think he is ours anymore.

Archived