Canucks Community

21 games left...What to do?

sh1ftg34r

My opinion, not that it matters. I hope we miss playoffs and

1)Get healthy

2) Figure out the goalie situation

3) Acquire a 2nd line centreman

4) Make a trade for depth

5) Come out healthy, prepared and organized next year. We look distrought and pathetic out there on the ice at times. What do you guys think? As far as AV, keep him for next year but if crap hits the fan early in the season, it's time for a new coach

It's a lockout shortened mulligan season. Why make hasty irrational knee jerk changes based on an anomaly season full of injuries and uncertainty. Fight take the playoffs and see if there's an LA Kings type run buried deep in their guts. If they get bounced in the first round, so be it. All retooling and roster adjustments should be done for next year - full season, re-alignment, etc.

This is not your X box so anyone asking for a coaching change has lost their minds.

My opinion, not that it matters. I hope we miss playoffs and

1)Get healthy

2) Figure out the goalie situation

3) Acquire a 2nd line centreman

4) Make a trade for depth

5) Come out healthy, prepared and organized next year. We look distrought and pathetic out there on the ice at times. What do you guys think? As far as AV, keep him for next year but if crap hits the fan early in the season, it's time for a new coach

The way I see it:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

XXXX-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-XXXX-Hansen

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Garrison

Schneider/Luongo

Raymond and Booth do not fit on this team anymore. Raymond isn't consistent enough to play on our 2nd line, neither is booth. Only reason I have Kass up there is because he is a big body that beefs up our top 6 for the playoffs. We absolutely need a forward to play with Kes and Kass and a third line C.

In a prefect world, I still hope Lu goes to TO and we get Lupul in exchange. Top 6 guy who can playmake as well. Then, acquire Ott.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Lupul-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise

Not sure why you would want them to miss the playoffs. The whole point of NHL hockey is to make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.

I agree that MG needs to shake the team up a bit but with injuries and not much of a market what can you expect the guy to do? He made something interesting happen with Kassian last year so I have my fingers crossed he can work some magic again this year (while hopefully not dealing away too many draft picks).

I think this thread is a little early. Wait until we can say "12 games left; what to do?"

In 9 games before the trade deadline, as long as we come out with say... 5 wins? 11pts? we should be in good position in the standings again. If we continue to play poorly and only come out of the next 9 games with 3 wins or less than 7pts then I think we will be in serious trouble.

In the mean time, I think atleast 1 trade needs to be made before the trade deadline, get a player to kickstart this team for the last 18 or so games. There has to be some player that can be purchased for a 3rd or 4th that could greatly help this team in the short term.

Archived