Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

XXXX-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-XXXX-Hansen

Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Garrison

Schneider/Luongo

Raymond and Booth do not fit on this team anymore. Raymond isn't consistent enough to play on our 2nd line, neither is booth. Only reason I have Kass up there is because he is a big body that beefs up our top 6 for the playoffs. We absolutely need a forward to play with Kes and Kass and a third line C.

In a prefect world, I still hope Lu goes to TO and we get Lupul in exchange. Top 6 guy who can playmake as well. Then, acquire Ott.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Lupul-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

i think the op is an ex toronto fan.

i dont know if we will make the playoffs. i dont have a crystal ball.

i cant imagine a team that does not want to make the playoffs.

i would stop going to games if i thought for a second that every game, no matter what, was worth winning.

a loosing mentality is really hard to turn around. just ask toronto. even if you could turn it off like a light switch, only a looser would flick the switch off.

We need to relax. This season is a one-off, a free play, so it doesn't really matter what happens in the end. We ought to avoid drawing any conclusions or taking any drastic action based solely on this season. With the injuries, guys playing out of position, overall weirdness, odd schedule, no training camp, limited practices...as fans we need to just roll with the punches and not micro-analyze this thing. If we can pick up some depth guys for the blueline or bottom six, by all means, but moves need to be made in light of the cap coming down and with an acceptance that this season really should not have happened at all.

One major thing I am very pleased about this season is how the goalie situation has come round, after the foolishness that has plagued us ever since the Finals, people are starting to accept that having two goalies is a good thing and there's no need to rush the situation we have right now.

Stand pat, hope they can stay in the race, go on a run in the post-season with the roster they have now.

If they miss the playoffs, package a top 15 pick with Lu, or Schneider, for a top 5 pick and get an organizational cornerstone to build around.

The way I see it:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

XXXX-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-XXXX-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Garrison

Schneider/Luongo

Raymond and Booth do not fit on this team anymore. Raymond isn't consistent enough to play on our 2nd line, neither is booth. Only reason I have Kass up there is because he is a big body that beefs up our top 6 for the playoffs. We absolutely need a forward to play with Kes and Kass and a third line C.

In a prefect world, I still hope Lu goes to TO and we get Lupul in exchange. Top 6 guy who can playmake as well. Then, acquire Ott.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Lupul-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

Play the role of sellers this season. Can we push for the playoffs? Absolutely. Is this Vancouver's year? No, not even close. Vancouver needs to shed cap space for next season and teams always overpay at the deadline. Who cares if the Canucks scrape through the first round only to get bounced in the second? I doubt this team would even make it through the first round this year. The fans here have a sense of playoff entitlement. I just don't think we're good enough this season. Too many key injuries. Not enough depth. PP has been all but useless. Make changes. Get younger. Retool and come back stronger for next season. There's no shame in that.

Fire Gillis before he can do more damage. His last year has got to be the worst year any GM has ever had in NHL history.

He dumps Codgson for a (in my opinion useless) winger; when we already have three. He fails to trade Luongo when he promises to. He doesn't get another center when he needs to. He fails to get a face-off man when he needs one. (By his own admission he thinks Malhotra is done.) He replaces a right hand defenseman with a leftie; he fails to get rid of Ballard. Why does this man still have a job?

Archived