The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler ETA?

Angry Goose

Stanley cup>high draft pick. It's a deep draft good players for playoff teams this year. This team healthy is a top 5 in the league. The boys match up well against every team but Detroit. lets hope we can avoid them in the playoffs and go on to win a Stanley cup!

Any fan with a brain that can see that this team is going nowhere, and that it needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. This group will never see the cup nor even get a sniff if they are still playing here. This team lost any chance at the cup when they traded away their young players and drafts for nothing useful, and when they signed Luongo to that ridiculous contract that runs till hell freezes over.

Kes is still trying too hard when he gets back on the ice. The team itself has even admitted that they've tried to fix the PP in practice but are starting to think it's just time to forget about it. They've been trying too hard and it's getting in the way of letting things click naturally.

I still think we need a change in coaching. I'm not against AV as a person or a coach, I simply think he needs to go. Perhaps AV has been with this team too long. AV is coaching our problems from inside...but perhaps what we need right now is someone who has been in the position of coaching AGAINST our team to really bring this team around the bend.

I saw Kesler on West Broadway, the day we lost to Detroit (March 16?); I was in the liquor store. I think he was with a woman and either a young man or boy. He was dressed suit and tie, no major braces or crutches. He also held the door for the other two and walked into Tojo's.

Hopefully this is a good sign.

this is the end of an era guys, if totally healthy we are a very competitive team, but as you can see, with one key injury, we are just an average team battling for a spot between 3 and 11

Losing Hodgson hurt us because we need centers badly. Not sure why Gillis traded Hodgson when he knew Kesler was very very injured, especially when he could not get a centre back...

If Kesler returns to form...

If we get a good 3C

If our D stays/gets healthy-edler, bieksa hamhuis

If our D plays close to their potential

If our goaltending plays close to their potential then...

we are a contender, so far none of these ifs are happening.

in 2011-2010 we had insane depth on the back end- remember we played 75% of the season without elder,

Hansen-Malhotra- Torres was a great 3rd line...Malhotra probably the best 3C we've had

Lappy played above his usual level in the playoffs

edler, erhoff, sedins, kesler and burrows had very special years that year,

I say, trade scheider for a good young C who has top line potential and then slot that guy in on the 2nd line. In a second trade get a 3C, Goc, Matthias or someone among that ilk.

we need to get a good young center back for Schneider, we need to get younger and that is our area of greatest weakness.

I really liked MG, thought he was the best GM we have had but the Ballard trade, the Hodgson trade and the lack of a goalie trade have all significantly hurt this team. He was a maestro in that Erhoff trade- but then let our best PP QB in hx go- yes he got a bick contract offer elsewhere, but Gillis was offering Bieksa money...that is not fair to the best offensive d man this franchise has had. Salo and Mitchell- he low balled....

Sad to say it, but he messed us up badly.

We'll make the playoffs.

Kes will return.

(Booth will not.)

Then we will beat the unmentionables out of everything that stands in our way, and...

Win the Cup.

All you negative Nancys, trolls, morons and subhumans who think otherwise can sit there and eat your crow.

i'm saying it's not realistic for THIS team to go far in the playoffs.

edit: just to pre-empt the inevitable "but

la did it last year!!!" garbage:

kopitar

richards

carter

stoll

fraser

lewis

nolan

richardson

vs

hank

kesler (if healthy)

lapierre

ebbett

schroeder

__________i'm saying it's not realistic for THIS team to go far in the playoffs.

kopitar

richards

carter

stoll

fraser

lewis

nolan

richardson

vs

hank

kesler (if healthy)

lapierre

ebbett

schroeder

Correction

kopitar

richards

carter

stoll

fraser

lewis

nolan

richardson

vs

hank

danny

kesler (if healthy)

Hansen

Higgins

Kassian

lapierre

Edler

Bieksa

Hamhuis

Ballard

<possible trade here>

Luongo and/or Schneider

Not as bleak as you make it out, good sir, if we can turn the corner and get some chemistry going, as well as some consistency. I'm not saying recent results are encouraging, but the fact is, the Canucks are under-achieving at the moment. If they manage to perform to potential, they'll make the playoffs...if they reach above it, like the Kings did last year, they can still go far.

i'm saying it's not realistic for THIS team to go far in the playoffs.

kopitar

richards

carter

stoll

fraser

lewis

nolan

richardson

vs

hank