The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks to buy Peoria Rivermen and move AHL team to Abbotsford

Squeak

If the Aquilinis are indeed looking to move their farm team to the Fraser Valley, then Chilliwack might also be considered an option. The Abbotsford building seats 7000 for hockey and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Prospera Centre in Chilliwack has a big advantage over Abbotsford, and that is parking. Seriously, have you ever tried to get in and out of the pitiful parking in Abbotsford? The Aquilinis already are invested in the Falls Golf course out in Chilliwack, so they know the area and the market. It might be better to sell out 5000 every night and create a buzz than play in Abbotsford where the crowds have been poor. And for those wondering, it would add about twenty minutes each way if you are coming out from Metro Vancouver.

We could basically have an all-prospects team, but we'd likely bring in a few vets still to help out.

I still don't like the idea of the Millionaires for any team but a Vancouver team. They could try and stretch it to call them the Vancouver (area) Millionaires, but that's not quite right. My preference is for the Abbotsford Airmen (Aviators as a second choice) with the pilot version of the Johnny Canuck:

new_canucksjersey_potential.jpg

We could basically have an all-prospects team, but we'd likely bring in a few vets still to help out.

I still don't like the idea of the Millionaires for any team but a Vancouver team. They could try and stretch it to call them the Vancouver (area) Millionaires, but that's not quite right. My preference is for the Abbotsford Airmen (Aviators as a second choice) with the pilot version of the Johnny Canuck:

new_canucksjersey_potential.jpg

Archived