Don't Click!

#122 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

If the Aquilinis are indeed looking to move their farm team to the Fraser Valley, then Chilliwack might also be considered an option. The Abbotsford building seats 7000 for hockey and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Prospera Centre in Chilliwack has a big advantage over Abbotsford, and that is parking. Seriously, have you ever tried to get in and out of the pitiful parking in Abbotsford? The Aquilinis already are invested in the Falls Golf course out in Chilliwack, so they know the area and the market. It might be better to sell out 5000 every night and create a buzz than play in Abbotsford where the crowds have been poor. And for those wondering, it would add about twenty minutes each way if you are coming out from Metro Vancouver.

Chilliwack already has a team. The BCHL Chilliwack Chiefs. If they brought and AHL team into Chilliwack it would kill the AHL team. They couldnt even have both WHL and BCHL teams in Chilliwack. I doubt that the city would allow both the BCHL and the AHL......If you dont already know, Chilliwack did VERY well this year....and they are pretty popular (they had more fans, I believe that the Heat!)...and why would they choose Chilliwack?? Farther away from the mainland?? They want people from the mainland to go and see the baby canucks!
Life is short, LIVE IT

#123 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Update:

Andrew Barra@AndrewBarraWMBD50m

BREAKING: The St. Louis Blues will cease the Rivermen operation in Peoria.

The plot thickens.

#124 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Update:

Andrew Barra@AndrewBarraWMBD50m
BREAKING: The St. Louis Blues will cease the Rivermen operation in Peoria.

The plot thickens.

http://bleedinblue.c...chicago-wolves/

Posted ImageAt the end of the 2013 season, there could be no such team as the Peoria Rivermen, according to some initial reports.

After 31 years as a professional hockey market, Peoria may soon lose its Rivermen. The St. Louis Blues are the parent club and owner of the Peoria Rivermen, but sources are beginning to wonder if new Blues owner Tom Stillman will be willing to pay the bill for the AHL team.

Coming into what will prove to be one of the Blues most expensive offseasons, the team will be looking to cut the budget wherever they can. If the Blues want to begin to make money, they may need to liquidate one of their costly assets which is an AHL team that does not pull in any profits. Few AHL teams make money and losing money is not an option for this new ownership group, but it might not just be as easy as selling the minor league franchise.

The St. Louis Blues have two years remaining on their lease of the Peoria Civic Center, the home of the Rivermen. If the Blues were to sell the franchise, they could possibly include the costs of breaking contract into the sale.

Rumors began to stir when the Vancouver Canucks made it known that they would like to have a minor league team closer to home. There were talks that the Calgary Flames may end their arrangement with the Abbotsford Heat, selling them to the Canucks. In this scenario, it was believed that the Flames would then buy the Peoria Rivermen and move them closer to home as well, leaving the Blues with a new arrangement with the Chicago Wolves, the current AHL team of the Canucks.

Edited by Bodee, 29 March 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#125 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Pretty sure there was talk of the Blues moving the Rivermen into a better market so it would make more money.

This doesn't mean they're selling necessarily.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#126 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

@andystrickland
#stlblues have sold their #AHL affiliate in Peoria to the Vancouver #Canucks...Chicago #Wolves expected to become new Blues AHL affiliate

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#127 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

@andystrickland
#stlblues have sold their #AHL affiliate in Peoria to the Vancouver #Canucks...Chicago #Wolves expected to become new Blues AHL affiliate

Nice!!

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#128 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

We could basically have an all-prospects team, but we'd likely bring in a few vets still to help out.

I still don't like the idea of the Millionaires for any team but a Vancouver team. They could try and stretch it to call them the Vancouver (area) Millionaires, but that's not quite right. My preference is for the Abbotsford Airmen (Aviators as a second choice) with the pilot version of the Johnny Canuck:
Posted Image

YES !

I think you should start a poll/petition to support exactly this!

The logo and name a fracking perfect.

"Abbotsford Airmen"

has a ring to it , yes? :towel:

Edited by darkpoet, 29 March 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#129 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Abbotsford has more millionaires per capita in Canada...

As for the team going to Abbotsford, Can't see it.
I Love Lamp...

#130 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

All that needs to be said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#131 schroederglen

schroederglen

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Simple solution

Attached Files

#132 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Cant wait till we actually have some great prospects on the farm ... until then I may not be driving all the way out to the bush to watch hockey .. it makes for a really long ass night ..

#133 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

We could basically have an all-prospects team, but we'd likely bring in a few vets still to help out.

I still don't like the idea of the Millionaires for any team but a Vancouver team. They could try and stretch it to call them the Vancouver (area) Millionaires, but that's not quite right. My preference is for the Abbotsford Airmen (Aviators as a second choice) with the pilot version of the Johnny Canuck:
Posted Image

I love the look of this. Also, here's some more information about the sale.

http://thecanuckway....-to-abbotsford/

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#134 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Even better, lets see them move Abbotsford to Peoria. The whole town.

#135 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Abby isn't making them any money

Abby pays to keep them at break even so I am sure the Flames don't care if they don't make money as long as they aren't losing money.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.