The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth's locker is cleaned out

Hyzer

You guys are rediculous - Booth was one of our best players in the few games he played. Generated more chances than anyone except for the Sedins. The only thing he wasn't doing was finishing his chances, and that's because he came into the season rusty, without any practices, training camp or even games.

Booth was hitting hard and driving hard to the net. This sort of player is invaluable, especially in the playoffs. We NEED this guy back for the post-season or we aren't going far. Big strong powerforwards like Booth are rare and they win Cups, just look at Horton, Lucic, Richards and Carter. He is that exact player and he can be a game changer. Look at the Kings forwards - Carter and Richards had a brutal regular season, but exploded in the playoffs. Booth is capable of that.

As for his injury, don't call him fragile. That was an unlucky twist on his knee because he was going into the boards hard for the puck. Would have happened to anyone who fights that hard for the puck. Hopefully it wasn't a break or ligament damage.

Don't forget Buffalo gave a guy like Leino 4.5 million dollars. There's always teams out there that are desperate enough to take a chance on players.

Booth can still be traded, and for a team needing to reach the cap floor, a contract that you won't have to pay for for the rest of the season might be attractive.

I for one do not want to see Booth traded, let alone bought out, which I think is ludicrous to contemplate. Everything about this guy's play screams positive minus the finish, and all signs point to luck bouncing his way. If this guy ever puts together a healthy season the ice will tilt his way guaranteed, and I'd be happy to take a chance on another season and that happening.

Archived