204 replies to this topic

#91 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

The chemistry is just not right with this guy. Maybe it's a sign that he needs a change of scenery when he's well enough to play hockey again

kind of what people said about him in florida

i understand gillis brought him in to add to our scoring depth, but sometimes, things just don't work out. injuries playing a part that will make or break someone that's of a high profile moving to a new team

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#92 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

crap NO HE'S DONE FOR SEASON ://

as was said before, who will score the empty net goals now? His goal production will be missed

#93 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

If only his ankles were made of stone, and not his hands.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#94 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Serious question: Do you think Booth is more upset he can't play hockey for awhile, or more upset he can't kill unarmed animals just out for a walk?

If you eat meat your comment is hypicritical at best.
Posted Image

#95 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

I hope that's the last we see of him. I've had it with this guy. Kesler too. Those two make a great pair. We cant afford to keep highly paid top six players on the roster who cant go more than two weeks without getting a major injury.

#96 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,377 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Ankle Sprain.

Subbancopy.jpg

#97 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Buy him out, and get ride of him.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#98 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's too bad. If it weren't for injuries I think he likely would have been the player we all expected him to be.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#99 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Ankle sprain doesn't sound that bad, unless it's one of the collateral ligaments on the ankle. Just get him back for a week before the playoffs.
Posted Image

#100 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Well I was one of the few at the time who bothered to use NHL Game Center Live to look back at his las few games, in total..........and I could not believe we traded for him and said it.

Of course I was shouted down.........like Gillis obviously, all CDC looked at was a couple of youtube videos, saw he crashed the net and thought it was the second coming.

Of course at the time I had also argued giving Sammy a bit longer to recover...........but isn't Gillis strange, he likes to take on other peoples rehabs but shows little faith in our own..........Sammy, Sami and Manny say hi.
Kevin.jpg

#101 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Ankle Sprain.

lebron travelled

#102 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

If you eat meat your comment is hypicritical at best.

and if he doesn't eat meat he doesn't understand his own biology.

#103 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

You guys are rediculous - Booth was one of our best players in the few games he played. Generated more chances than anyone except for the Sedins. The only thing he wasn't doing was finishing his chances, and that's because he came into the season rusty, without any practices, training camp or even games.
especially in the playoffs.
Booth was hitting hard and driving hard to the net. This sort of player is invaluable, We NEED this guy back for the post-season or we aren't going far. Big strong powerforwards like Booth are rare and they win Cups, just look at Horton, Lucic, Richards and Carter. He is that exact player and he can be a game changer. Look at the Kings forwards - Carter and Richards had a brutal regular season, but exploded in the playoffs. Booth is capable of that.

As for his injury, don't call him fragile. That was an unlucky twist on his knee because he was going into the boards hard for the puck. Would have happened to anyone who fights that hard for the puck. Hopefully it wasn't a break or ligament damage.

Honestly DUC how do you make this stuff up? When Booth was on the second line they played like 3 blind mice........they couldn't find each other in a locked cupboard.

He was bull in the playoffs.

He has never ever shown us anything that suggested remotely that he influenced how far we went in the playoffs.

Comparisons to Horton, Lucic, Richards and Carter are derisory. Do you live in a parallel Universe?
Kevin.jpg

#104 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

This teams sense of 'give a ****' plummets with Booths absence.

Contracts and production aside, Booth is one of the few who seems to actually care about the outcome of each and every game.

With respect I get that you like this guy............but that is utter bollocks. I see no diminution of this team's effort and quite frankly Booth was a liability.

He sucked defenders to him like a magnet but never passed into the space.........often instead giving up the puck with most of our team up ice in attack. He had tunnel vision and was a nightmare to play with.
Kevin.jpg

#105 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Ankle sprain but out indefinitely? Interesting.

most ankle sprains/injuries that serious are going to take at least a month to heal... with only about a month + left in the season how is it that you cant grasp that he is out indefinitely? CDC fans are crazy... u never cheer for a injured player.. especially on your OWN team. And to the tree huggesr who are against Booth huntin' them delicious furry lil animals in the off season... dont worry, there is plenty of room for all of your gods creatures.... right next to them mashed potatos!

#106 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

people realize "indefinitely" essentially means "we don't know" right?

#107 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

That was a $4.25 million dollar empty net goal the other night

Clever boy...

Booth is too fragile

I doubt you are an expert on that. If the puck hits you in a vulnerable spot, then it hurts, and may cause an injury. Doubt that is any different for any other person in the whole world...

Where the F-word do we dig up these fans anyways? Gotta be call-ups from some minor league...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#108 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Bottom line is that Booth never demonstrated a top 6 ability in any consistant manner. The longest stretch was with Kesler and Raymond and Raymond was coming back from injury and apparently Kesler was suffering but playing. Combine that with his own injury history and the great weakness of this team is exposed. It has not had a 2nd line for over 2 seasons. I doubt Booth will be back.

#109 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Sad thing is...he was one of best players when he playing. Wasn't scoring, but his effort was far better then most.

#110 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

out "indefinitely" means we will exceed the cap in any way possible until the play-offs start, at which time he will be magically ready to go and activated on the roster.

#111 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

most ankle sprains/injuries that serious are going to take at least a month to heal... with only about a month + left in the season how is it that you cant grasp that he is out indefinitely? CDC fans are crazy... u never cheer for a injured player.. especially on your OWN team. And to the tree huggesr who are against Booth huntin' them delicious furry lil animals in the off season... dont worry, there is plenty of room for all of your gods creatures.... right next to them mashed potatos!

You just ran with that huh? I just merely stated that hes out indefinitely. Get your head checked.

#112 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Man, Booth has just not panned out in Vancity. Luckily we really didn't give anything up for him.

But his cap hit hurts. I assume he goes on LTIR, which creates more cap space in the short run, but it does not help with the long run cap problem (i.e. next year).

#113 thrago

thrago

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm glad he will likely be back this season. When he got hurt my wife asked me if Booth was any good and I told her he's better then the guy there going to replace him with. I think all you people that are glad he got hurt should remember that. Whether or not you like him or not his injury hurts our chances.

#114 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Can't buy out an injured player. We're stuck with him.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#115 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Bottom line is that Booth never demonstrated a top 6 ability in any consistant manner. The longest stretch was with Kesler and Raymond and Raymond was coming back from injury and apparently Kesler was suffering but playing. Combine that with his own injury history and the great weakness of this team is exposed. It has not had a 2nd line for over 2 seasons. I doubt Booth will be back.

. Your bottom line comment is so accurate. Booth before acquired was demoted to 3rd line duty on a struggling to find offense Panther team. It was pretty clear to see why this happened during the small sample size of games he has played here. Big, fast, strong, good shot, below average hands, and tunnel vision. Too bad he got hurt when he did him and Kassian were an excellent 3rd line winger set and would have been built for playoff hockey.
MG got him on the cheap because he was willing to take on huge salary that other teams would not. It was no secret that Tallon was looking to move him. No one was predicting a cap reduction of 6 million and even at 4+ it was justify able to add much needed size and speed to our forward group.
I see him back though as his value right now via trade is probably 2nd rd pick at best. Would have liked to see Booth - Kesler - Burrows as a line with Booth taking on the role of foreckecker.

#116 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Serious question: Do you think Booth is more upset he can't play hockey for awhile, or more upset he can't kill unarmed animals just out for a walk?

If you broke your ankle, would you be more upset that you couldn't pump gas for a while or troll on internet boards?

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#117 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Gillis has neither a hat (with rabbits) a cape or a wand

Ya, but that guy who does, just got arrested for disturbing the public order, and has been recently transferred to a menal health facility

#118 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Go back to florida hey maybe we can get jovo back or that bag of pucks

#119 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

With respect I get that you like this guy............but that is utter bollocks. I see no diminution of this team's effort and quite frankly Booth was a liability.

He sucked defenders to him like a magnet but never passed into the space.........often instead giving up the puck with most of our team up ice in attack. He had tunnel vision and was a nightmare to play with.

No no, Booth was one of our more physical guys, and also one of the only players on the roster that seemed to have chemistry with his line mates. Loved the Kass/Booth combo. I don't think you are seeing those aspects. The positive definately outweighed the negative, for which there wasn't much..

#120 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Agreed.. But crazier things have happened.. Maybe get a pick or a prospect for him

you know you can't trade an injured player, right? Not allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.