The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]Andrej Sustr decides to leave school for NHL

I'm not convinced we get this kid. I think he chooses to go elsewhere. Would be a coup for management and for organization if he did decide to sign with us. Is this kid a right handed shot? 'Cause we don't seem to have too many of those guys in our system/organization.

Our defence is pretty weak physically once Bieksa, Hamhuis and Garrison get too old. We have no big defensive prospects likely to cut it in the NHL. Tanev and Corrado are likely to be NHL mainstays, but neither are very physical. Sustr would complement them very well. This could be our top-4 in 3 or 4 years time:

Edler - Tanev

Corrado - Sustr

You can't teach size. Everything else can be learned. Gillis, I swear to hades, if you don't get this guy I will find you and duct tape a sweat suit on you until you evaporate. This is the type of player we need. Big, great skater, excellent lateral movement, massive ACCURATE shot from the point. Go all in. He can't be worse than Alberts. DO IT!!

You can't teach size. Everything else can be learned. Gillis, I swear to hades, if you don't get this guy I will find you and duct tape a sweat suit on you until you evaporate. This is the type of player we need. Big, great skater, excellent lateral movement, massive ACCURATE shot from the point. Go all in. He can't be worse than Alberts. DO IT!!

I'm not convinced we get this kid. I think he chooses to go elsewhere. Would be a coup for management and for organization if he did decide to sign with us. Is this kid a right handed shot? 'Cause we don't seem to have too many of those guys in our system/organization.

Why would he come here? Just looking at our prospect management history isn't exactly enticing. Hodgson getting pissed on by AV for producing at a 3rd line pace (even though he was playing on the 3rd line), Schroeder demoted to the 4th line to play with plugs (basically set up to fail by AV), Kassian demoted to the 3rd line even though he was our leading goal scorer at the time. If I was Sustr, I would want to be guaranteed ice time and not be discriminated against because of my age. I'd avoid Vancouver at all costs.

Why would he come here? Just looking at our prospect management history isn't exactly enticing. Hodgson getting pissed on by AV for producing at a 3rd line pace (even though he was playing on the 3rd line), Schroeder demoted to the 4th line to play with plugs (basically set up to fail by AV), Kassian demoted to the 3rd line even though he was our leading goal scorer at the time. If I was Sustr, I would want to be guaranteed ice time and not be discriminated against because of my age. I'd avoid Vancouver at all costs.

Archived