The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's in a bigger pickle, Vancouver or Philly?

aqua59

Vancouver - Philly  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the beginning of this shortened lock out season no two teams have spent as much nor had as much expectation of success as Philly and Vancouver. Maybe one could toss Washington in but I have not. I don't see the Washington fan base in the same realm as Philly and Vancouver.

Even though Vancouver still sits in a playoff position their play off hopes seem as bleak as the Flyers. Two teams that have spent gobs of money and little in the way of positive results.Both teams have assets they've paid too much for.

Unfortunately, being a Vancouver fan, I need to say Vancouver in my scope is really lacking. It's 2 years after the CUP run. Seemingly little in the way of young, good ,developed prospects coming up.

Thoughts?

Since the beginning of this shortened lock out season no two teams have spent as much nor had as much expectation of success as Philly and Vancouver. Maybe one could toss Washington in but I have not. I don't see the Washington fan base in the same realm as Philly and Vancouver.

Even though Vancouver still sits in a playoff position their play off hopes seem as bleak as the Flyers. Two teams that have spent gobs of money and little in the way of positive results.Both teams have assets they've paid too much for.

Unfortunately, being a Vancouver fan, I need to say Vancouver in my scope is really lacking. It's 2 years after the CUP run. Seemingly little in the way of young, good ,developed prospects coming up.

Thoughts?

Vancouver... we dont have any top end prospects to replace the Sedins and Kesler.

Philly has Couturier as their future #1 Centre and a ton of good prospects like Wellwood, Gustafsson, Read, Laughton, Cousins, Noebels...

Then they have their young core to build on Shenn Bros, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Coburn.

The team: Vancouver, we're definitely in a worse situation if we compare future prospects

The Fans : Philly, can you imagine how CDC would react if we :

1.) lost two top six forwards who immediately win a cup the following year

2.) traded another top six forward who is the leading goal scorer on the leafs2

3.) stuck with a goalie contract in Bryz with no back up

4.) traded a former goalie who is currently playing his lights out in Columbus of all cities!

Well if we're discussion a pickle well lately I haven't been into then. Now lets say I choose Philadelphia they got cream cheese and cheese steak. Any way you look at it there is cheese which is pretty good either way. Unfortunately nothing delicious comes to mind when I think of Vancouver so I will have to have my bigger pickle in Philadelphia.

Archived