The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's in a bigger pickle, Vancouver or Philly?

aqua59

Vancouver - Philly  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Philly needs better play from the d to get mentally fragile Bryzgalov playing good again.

They traded two big contracts in Richards and Carter only to replace them with Bryzgalov's ridiculous deal. Not worth it they should have taken what Bobrovsky gave them.

Know they are stuck like the Canucks with a goalie who has a terrible contract not playing particularly well.

Even though the situation burns me a bit here I choose Philly because they seem to be even more consistent than we are. We have been in 3rd most of the year while Philly hasn't been in much at all lately. Also, our goaltending is much stronger, and we should Kesler back. On the other hand Philly's GM is not afriad to deal so they may get a whole lot better soon.

vancouver is in more trouble .. nothing on the farm .. most of our real talent on the wrong side of 30 .. a coach that has ost the room , and a g.m whom really like , but has made too many horrible moves slash bad contracts .. were hooped I'm afraid

If making the playoffs wasn't the actual be all and end all goal of bothering to be a team in the NHL, then I might be able to undertand the point of the question from some contrived angle..

But since making the playoffs is the point - then the question is not such a dill-y.

If making the playoffs wasn't the actual be all and end all goal of bothering to be a team in the NHL, then I might be able to undertand the point of the question from some contrived angle..

But since making the playoffs is the point - then the question is not such a dill-y.

common sense says no.

On the topic of pickles, I've tried deep fried pickles for the first time about a month ago at a local bar. Changed my life! That's all I get now. Tasty low on carbs low on fat filling what's not to love. Except for heartburn the next day. Thats no fun.

So what pickle do you prefer?

Deep fried pickle

Philadelphia flyers pickle

Or

Vancouver canucks pickle

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that so many people think we're in a worse position that the Flyers....this is CDC after all.

What I see is a team currently 5 points and 4 places out of the playoffs, with questionable goaltending and defense. On the other side, I see a team currently 4 points clear of missing the playoffs (with a game in hand) and only 2 points back of the 3rd seed.

Now, if we're talking a few years down the road, that might change things, but down the road is not what I got from the OP.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that so many people think we're in a worse position that the Flyers....this is CDC after all.

What I see is a team currently 5 points and 4 places out of the playoffs, with questionable goaltending and defense. On the other side, I see a team currently 4 points clear of missing the playoffs (with a game in hand) and only 2 points back of the 3rd seed.

Now, if we're talking a few years down the road, that might change things, but down the road is not what I got from the OP.

Precisely. Van has no young talent

Philly has Giroux, Couturier, the Schenn bros, Simmonds, etc.

Van is outworked every night because our players can't match up with the speed and size of younger players

I am a fan of both teams and honestly when I look at expectations for both teams I think Vancouver is in more trouble. Philly is a really young team with no goaltending whatsoever where as Vancouver is a team getting old with not many young star prospects coming up. I would much rather have a young team with a bright future, who is struggling a bit now, but still has a chance to make the playoffs if they get hot than a underachieving older team who has a closing cup window.

Well, that is why Gillis is looking to college UFAs to rejuvenate our team. Remember that Tanev was not drafted and it was a smart Gillis signing. Hope for more of those signings and we won't have any problems like the Flames are having now. We don't have great prospects mainly because we have been the Presidents trophy winners for the last two years and have gone to the final. We have also been unlucky with top prospects like Hodgson not wanting to stay in Vancouver. I would say Gillis made a mistake in not trading Ballard and keeping Ehrhoff when he had the chance.

CDCers do love to partake of the doom and gloom like they're reading Gallagher in the Province after a 10 game losing streak. Schroeder is developing like a high-quality first round pick. I could just say Tanev and /thread if I wanted. Let's not forget Schneider looks like a star already. Meanwhile Jannik Hansen and Mayray are producing like they're big name players. We not only have good new players but we have a conveyor belt of players developing and filling successively more important roles.

Stop playing GM mode in NHL 13 so much and realize that not everyone peaks at age 17. It's a complex game that's hard to read and even harder to execute in. Our franchise has the valuable skill of developing people and making something out of seemingly nothing. PHI does not have that.

Archived