#31 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by Canuck or Die, 18 March 2013 - 09:40 PM.

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#32 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

how does the other thread get locked when it was posted 7min before this? nit picking yes, just dont get it

Yeah... exactly what I came in here to find out.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#33 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

the pretty header wins it...

#34 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,716 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Whoa.
Posted Image

#35 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Wow. Why was there a lockout again?

Perry's a good player, so is Getzlaf, but that money is insane.

I wonder how the other GM's around the league feel about these deals.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Besides Crosby and Malkin, no one should be getting over 8 mil

sig by Malkin71

#37 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

No one in the free agent pool will offer him 8.6 million. Way too much. Unreal.

Memorial Cup
World Jr. Gold
Stanley Cup
Olympic Gold
Rocket Richard winner
Hart Trophy winner

8mil is a lot, but I'm pretty sure someone would have offered him that kind of money on the open market, because of his past accomplishment. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven winner and knows what it takes to win.

3blms.png

#38 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

POPULAR

Hart Trophy winner

I think we all know who should of won that year...

#39 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Memorial Cup
World Jr. Gold
Stanley Cup
Olympic Gold
Rocket Richard winner
Hart Trophy winner

8mil is a lot, but I'm pretty sure someone would have offered him that kind of money on the open market, because of his past accomplishment. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven winner and knows what it takes to win.

Oh please, Perry getting the Hart was a joke.. Can he win it again? Nope. If it wasn't for Salanne at that time, he wouldn't be getting the Hart. A lot of people thought Daniel was going to get it and he deserve it more than Perry.

Edited by Shachihoko, 19 March 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#40 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Holding back the tears in TO.

Edited by oldnews, 19 March 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#41 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,178 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

This is what the NHLPA was worried about.

The big guys win and, in comparison, the little guys lose.

There's only so much money to go around.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#42 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Oh please, Perry getting the Hart was a joke.. Can he win it again? Nope. If it wasn't for Salanne at that time, he wouldn't be getting the Hart. A lot of people thought Daniel was going to get it and he deserve it more than Perry.

Can Daniel or Henrik win it again? Nope.

Why does Daniel deserved it more than Perry? Because Daniel was more consistent?

Perry was still in the top 10 in scoring throughtout the season that year. He played lights out when his team needed him the most and single-handly carried that team into the playoff with their captain out.

Selanne never played on the same line with Perry, when Getzlaf was out, except on the PP and even then he only had 3 powerplay points in that span.

Edited by shiznak, 19 March 2013 - 01:35 AM.

3blms.png

#43 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

This new CBA has already signalled the Bryant Big Country Reeves contracts being doled out!

Being fair, Getzlaf and Perry are better than old Big Country, whose signing was the death stroke for our Vancouver Grizzlies.

But where teams can get more from their own team on longer contracts you will see agents hold a franchise hostage for more money than is reasonable.

Mark my words; we will see some absolute crap players get big 8 year deals as teams panic thinking they will lose guys.

LOL; Anaheim will have an awfully hard time being competitive with two big contracts like this. Its one thing for Crosby and Ovechkin is already looking like a big mistake. And unlike Getzlaf/Perry, Ovechkin was no worse than the 2knd best player in the world when he signed!

#44 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Why does Daniel deserved it more than Perry? Because Daniel was more consistent?

Perry was still in the top 10 in scoring throughtout the season that year. He played lights out when his team needed him the most and single-handly carried that team into the playoff with their captain out.

Daniel had more points, was consistent all year, +30, Opened the scoring for the team 12 times (which puts them in a good position to win those games) 10gwg, and only 32 penalty minutes. (16 minors)

Flaws: 18 games without a point, 12 games with a minus, 1 game with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games once

less points than Danny, only +9, opened the scoring 7 times, 11 gwg, and a whooping 104 penalty minutes (37 minors, 2 majors, misconducts)

Flaws: 29 games without a point, 29 games with a minus, 10 games with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games 3 times, 104 PIMS

I don't see how he was better than Daniel. If you have 29 games (23% of the season) without a point how are you an MVP? If you have a 7 game stretch with 1g 1a 2p -7 10 PIMS how are you MVP? (February 19 to March 6th) Team went 3-3-1.

Edited by MayRayDown, 19 March 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#45 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Daniel had more points, was consistent all year, +30, Opened the scoring for the team 12 times (which puts them in a good position to win those games) 10gwg, and only 32 penalty minutes. (16 minors)

Flaws: 18 games without a point, 12 games with a minus, 1 game with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games once

less points than Danny, only +9, opened the scoring 7 times, 11 gwg, and a whooping 104 penalty minutes (37 minors, 2 majors, misconducts

Flaws: 29 games without a point, 29 games with a minus, 10 games with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games 3 times, 104 PIMS

I don't see how he was better than Daniel. If you have 29 games (23% of the season) without a point how are you an MVP? If you have a 7 game stretch with 1g 1a 2p -7 10 PIMS how are you MVP? (February 19 to March 6th) Team went 3-3-1.

Not all scoring leaders always win the Hart trophy, that's what the Art Ross is for, and Daniel did win that, didn't he?

I don't see how PIMs is a factor on the Hart trophy race.

I don't know where you got the 29 games without a point (maybe you're looking at the wrong season), but he never had a pointless streak more than 4 games that year.

3blms.png

#46 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Great player but holy crap.. Better hope 8 rookies can all pan out in the same year if they want a cup anytime in the next 8 yrs

#47 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

'Tis a lot of $$-yes.. but this fellow always conducts himself in a gentlemanly manner..Does he not?

#48 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

In some ways, Perry and Getzlaf are the Parise and Suter of the new CBA ... longest possible contract term with big $$.

#49 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Memorial Cup
World Jr. Gold
Stanley Cup
Olympic Gold
Rocket Richard winner
Hart Trophy winner

8.6 is close to what Crosby makes.(8.7 for Sid). All those trophies were won cuz he was on a stacked team and Hart should have gone to Dan.

Posted Image

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#50 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Ridiculous money for both of them. The worst part of this is the precedent it sets for pricing other players in the league. Awesome lockout guys. :picard:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#51 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

You know as much as people hack on Tambellini he did a hell of a job getting Hall/Eberle signed until 2020 looking at the way salaries are increasing under the new CBA.

ANd I love all the people hating on players for the past strike - its the owners/general managers who continue to drive up value and put themselves in binds with these contracts.

Thanks to R.Luongo. for the amazing sig

#52 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,045 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

You know as much as people hack on Tambellini he did a hell of a job getting Hall/Eberle signed until 2020 looking at the way salaries are increasing under the new CBA.

ANd I love all the people hating on players for the past strike - its the owners/general managers who continue to drive up value and put themselves in binds with these contracts.

Who said we're hating on the players? It's the idiot GM's (and owners giving approval) that are offering these ridiculous contracts (and caused the lockout...oh the irony!).

If someone puts $60-odd mil in front of me, I'm signing it too! I don't blame the players at all!

Edited by J.R., 19 March 2013 - 10:14 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#53 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Who said we're hating on the players? It's the idiot GM's (and owners giving approval) that are offering these ridiculous contracts (and caused the lockout...oh the irony!).

If someone puts $60-odd mil in front of me, I'm signing it too! I don't blame the players at all!

Sorry - wasn't refering to this thread or even CDC - just in general on sites like TSN etc during the strike all the postings were Pro owners and calling the players greedy.

Thanks to R.Luongo. for the amazing sig

#54 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Besides Crosby and Malkin, no one should be getting over 8 mil

I would say Stamkos is in that category.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#55 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don't know where you got the 29 games without a point (maybe you're looking at the wrong season), but he never had a pointless streak more than 4 games that year.

games 1,2,3,7,9,11,17,23,24,26,28,29,30,32,35,39,43,45,48,50,52, 60,62,64,65,66,70, 81. oops 28. Forgive me.

So this is what a MVP looks like?

Edited by MayRayDown, 19 March 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#56 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sorry - wasn't refering to this thread or even CDC - just in general on sites like TSN etc during the strike all the postings were Pro owners and calling the players greedy.

well they are greedy when they're crying poor even though they live in mansions, drive ferraris and are married to super model wives.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#57 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well there ya go. Thank God we will not have to hear the word "Sweepstakes" this summer.
Posted Image

#58 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,864 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

WHYY THEEEE F WAS THERE A LOCKOUT??? SOLVED NOTHING.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#59 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

'Tis a lot of $$-yes.. but this fellow always conducts himself in a gentlemanly manner..Does he not?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

I choked a little on my Dr. Pepper...

Not all players demand ridiculous salarys and not all GM's offer ridiculous contracts.

To lay the blame solely on one party is just ignorant.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#60 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Good Anaheim wont be competitive in the future and the talk of Perry coming to van will end. I see 2 +'s its a great day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.