The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Perry

Oh please, Perry getting the Hart was a joke.. Can he win it again? Nope. If it wasn't for Salanne at that time, he wouldn't be getting the Hart. A lot of people thought Daniel was going to get it and he deserve it more than Perry.

This new CBA has already signalled the Bryant Big Country Reeves contracts being doled out!

Being fair, Getzlaf and Perry are better than old Big Country, whose signing was the death stroke for our Vancouver Grizzlies.

But where teams can get more from their own team on longer contracts you will see agents hold a franchise hostage for more money than is reasonable.

Mark my words; we will see some absolute crap players get big 8 year deals as teams panic thinking they will lose guys.

LOL; Anaheim will have an awfully hard time being competitive with two big contracts like this. Its one thing for Crosby and Ovechkin is already looking like a big mistake. And unlike Getzlaf/Perry, Ovechkin was no worse than the 2knd best player in the world when he signed!

Why does Daniel deserved it more than Perry? Because Daniel was more consistent?

Perry was still in the top 10 in scoring throughtout the season that year. He played lights out when his team needed him the most and single-handly carried that team into the playoff with their captain out.

Daniel had more points, was consistent all year, +30, Opened the scoring for the team 12 times (which puts them in a good position to win those games) 10gwg, and only 32 penalty minutes. (16 minors)

Flaws: 18 games without a point, 12 games with a minus, 1 game with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games once

less points than Danny, only +9, opened the scoring 7 times, 11 gwg, and a whooping 104 penalty minutes (37 minors, 2 majors, misconducts

Flaws: 29 games without a point, 29 games with a minus, 10 games with more than 4 PIMS, went scoreless for 3 games 3 times, 104 PIMS

I don't see how he was better than Daniel. If you have 29 games (23% of the season) without a point how are you an MVP? If you have a 7 game stretch with 1g 1a 2p -7 10 PIMS how are you MVP? (February 19 to March 6th) Team went 3-3-1.

Memorial Cup

World Jr. Gold

Stanley Cup

Olympic Gold

Rocket Richard winner

Hart Trophy winner

8mil is a lot, but I'm pretty sure someone would have offered him that kind of money on the open market, because of his past accomplishment. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven winner and knows what it takes to win.

You know as much as people hack on Tambellini he did a hell of a job getting Hall/Eberle signed until 2020 looking at the way salaries are increasing under the new CBA.

ANd I love all the people hating on players for the past strike - its the owners/general managers who continue to drive up value and put themselves in binds with these contracts.

You know as much as people hack on Tambellini he did a hell of a job getting Hall/Eberle signed until 2020 looking at the way salaries are increasing under the new CBA.

ANd I love all the people hating on players for the past strike - its the owners/general managers who continue to drive up value and put themselves in binds with these contracts.

Who said we're hating on the players? It's the idiot GM's (and owners giving approval) that are offering these ridiculous contracts (and caused the lockout...oh the irony!).

If someone puts $60-odd mil in front of me, I'm signing it too! I don't blame the players at all!

Guest Gumballthechewy

'Tis a lot of $$-yes.. but this fellow always conducts himself in a gentlemanly manner..Does he not?

Archived