The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much longer can management allow the failure?

Lui's Knob

Id rather Gillis not jump the gun and make possibly another huge mistake. He's lucky enough with these amnesty buy-outs. So yes i want to see something happen but don't screw it up!! and please don't mortgage the future, we have zero depth already as so evident.

every GDT for the last two weeks during a losing effort has had multiple people post "good, now management will wake up and have to make a move." Not gonna happen. Not this season. Gillis will keep the coaching staff the same (rightly or wrongly) at least until the summer.

Not a whole lot they can do at the moment besides fire the coach. Trades are going to he hard to come by right now as the standings are so close, barely anyone is selling because of that. The teams who are wanting to trade are looking for the same things the canucks are.

I am really annoyed how long this has lasted as well. It is getting ridiculous that he is doing absolutely nothing. If we lose games that is one thing... but to play with no heart and no ambition is a different story. I have said that since the Boston game last season we have stopped caring. I think a coaching change seriously needs to be considered. Even our GM needs to be looked at for all the stupid things he has done and hasn't done... I do not think they will do anything because of a shortened season could cause over payment.

What failure? Why panic? Two presidents trophies and a jack adams say hi, right? This team is terrible and the homers here need to finally admit it.

This all traces back to Manny, for what its worth...

That aside, there is no excuse for Gillis not being prepared for Kesler and Manny being unavailable. And, for a team ready to go into this season with Cory Schneider as its #1, though I'm not blaming Luongo directly for the losses, AV is wholly at fault for losing big game after big game during this dismal stretch without Cory in net.

Archived