The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild 3 @ Canucks 1

Pears

Tough one to swallow, Canucks owned this game and Backstrom robbed them. Wild's first regulation win in Vancouver since March 2008. I loved the effort tonight, but unfortunately it doesn't matter if you dont win, hope they show the same effort tomorrow and finish more of their scoring opportunities.

Toronto is doing fine?

They're tied for 8th and have the second highest goals against out of the top 8 teams. Saying they're doing fine is a bit of a stretch.

I believe a deal could be done with Toronto, but I don't think Lu would waive his no trade to go there.

Tampa, Florida, and even Detroit likely all have interest still. They're might even be some mystery teams like San Jose or Washington that are interested.

Actually thought they played with a little more heart this game, were just lacking in execution which is more of what one would expect taking injuries into consideration. And ease off Ballard you simpletons. The guy made a huge mistake that led to a goal but so did Edler. Hell, Edler makes a mistake that leads to a goal against every game. Ballard was actually playing really well until that one massive brain fart. This game didn't end well but it was at least a better effort. And good to see Garry on the 1st unit PP, now we just need someone capable of passing to feed him the puck.

Every loss, you have ZERO faith in this team. after a win, you aren't ever around or compliment people.

With all the negative posts just in this thread from you I wouldn't be surprised if you got a day or two ban, especially after calling the mods gay.

Actually thought they played with a little more heart this game, were just lacking in execution which is more of what one would expect taking injuries into consideration. And ease off Ballard you simpletons. The guy made a huge mistake that led to a goal but so did Edler. Hell, Edler makes a mistake that leads to a goal against every game. Ballard was actually playing really well until that one massive brain fart. This game didn't end well but it was at least a better effort. And good to see Garry on the 1st unit PP, now we just need someone capable of passing to feed him the puck.

No finish, how many hits did the nucks put on the wild? How many faceoff wins? Sestito did throw a couple of nice hits, but hey as Garry Valk pointed out at the end of the game, you gotta start getting the ugly goals and if you aren't driving the net and gettin filthy, then they aren't gonna come.

Why shouldn't he waive it? He did say that he would if it helped the team, that is a fact. If Gillis somehow does orchestrate a trade (more doubtful now) will Luongo stand by his word or hold the Canucks hostage? If he chose the latter, well he most likely would be vilified to a higher degree than he might be now, and deservedly in my opinion.

No finish, how many hits did the nucks put on the wild? How many faceoff wins? Sestito did throw a couple of nice hits, but hey as Garry Valk pointed out at the end of the game, you gotta start getting the ugly goals and if you aren't driving the net and gettin filthy, then they aren't gonna come.

Zero heart shown again. Goaltender didn't steal this one so we lose. Frustrated that Henrik is happy with the effort and that he believes they played a full 60. AV the same, saying great effort when there clearly was a let down isn't good.

This team needs an injection of heart and soul. Get Morrow. He is a true grit, blood, sweat and tears kind of player that might be able to remind these zombies why they play. Sickening effort out there.

yeah we want the fancy sht way too often off a drop pass or cross ice behind the back feed off a no look tip pass...our big guys all want to be sedin's when the real payoff is fighting into and staying in and paying the price in... the prime real estate in the front of the net.not skating passed it.

- We played about 50 mins, and we're forechecking again!

- God I love Higgins. That grinding along he board around the 14:00 mark of the 2nd, BEAUTY

- Puck luck will come, but we really can't buy a goal right now can we?

- Ballard was kinda looking good out there. A nice rush up to force an offensive zone faceoff, never saw Alberts do that. But that 3rd goal was pretty brutal.

- Bieksa's trying to find his game. He got lucky on a couple non-calls (highstick in the 1st, knee in the 2nd), and that gaffe in the first was pretty bad.

- Hank finished a hit on the forecheck and then stood up for Lu there in the 2nd. Kickass.

- Pinner is looking GREAT. I really noticed his back-checking, someone wants to stay up in the big leagues!

I agree with every single thing here....well said. :)

Wow calm down people.

In all fairness to MG and AV this team has not been healthy all season and the team hasn't been able to generate any chemistry because of it which is critical if you wan't to have a consistent winning team.

Wake up people its impossible to win on a nightly basis with a lineup like this! The teams are fighting every game tooth and nail theres a lot of parity in the league. There are just no easy nights when you have a decimated lineup like this.

All the other teams playing well for the most part have had line combinations together most of the year so far.

The Canucks haven't had it easy at all having a band aid group of AHL players always coming and going out of the lineup with no chemistry whatsoever.

Having said this the team has played well and deserved a better fate many nights and we are going to have some luck go our way its just the way it goes sometimes.

I would love to see MG pull off an awesome trade to help but unfortunately we don't have much for prospects to be trading them and it's not easy to find teams to take Luongo so the odds of that happening don't seem great.

All in all i still think we will still win the division and MG will be able to get somebody at some point and with a healthy team with good goaltending going into the playoffs will have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Take it easy people its not as bad you drama queens are making it.

I was at the game, so here goes my summary:

There is something incredibly breathtaking about getting your first view of the ice and the jumbotron. Pretty bit "holy cow" moment

Concourse looks great as always with all their features

The new in-house intro isn't as good as the old one. Also really miss the old U2 entrance music. That one used to get me so pumped. The lights show is cool though. And the drop down banners with the player headshots are sweet. They picked good shots lol

We were supposed to be seated right near the Southsiders who were invited back to take in the game yesterday. Hearing the stories of what happened the last time, I asked the host guy if he could move us to a different section. I took my dad to the game and didn't think he'd appreciate the soccer crowd. The host was awesome and moved us to a better section that was away from the noise. Props to him for his hospitality. Also props to the Southsiders...they weren't disruptive or noisy. At least not from where we were. Just got a few chants going and that was all.

So, the game:

Listen, the shot clock may have given us a 21-9 advantage at one point...but how many of those 21 shots were quality? They were all perimeter chances.

The Sedin cycle doesn't work anymore. They were rubbed out along the boards every singe time they tried anything.

We lost almost 70% of draws, hence we spent most of our time trying to gain possession back. Someone in the crowd even yelled "BRING BACK MANNY!!! AT LEAST HE CAN WIN FACEOFFS"

Higgins, Raymond, Schroeder, Lapierre, etc were totally silent. Without Kesler and Booth, they need to be more noticeable than that.

Hansen is a beast. Makes stuff happen on every shift.

Tanev is a phenomenal skater and so cool under pressure.

Ballard, on the other hand, was brutal. Made overly aggressive plays all night long

Canucks are always thinking offense, even in the D zone. Instead of clearing the puck out of danger, they try and make the perfect pass. And that's why we were getting hemmed in so much.

Luongo - made some good saves but his rebound control is very iffy. And I know the 3rd goal was a partial breakaway and a terrible play by the D's but the shot was right along the ice. If Luongo just kept in the butterfly and closed the wickets, that would have been a big save.

Real tough effort. The team has no speed and no magic. I've been to at least one game per season for the past 3-4 seasons and yesterday's was the most boring one I've ever sat through. The team is just going through the motions of playing out the season. There's no pursuit of excellence anymore.

I was at the game, so here goes my summary:

There is something incredibly breathtaking about getting your first view of the ice and the jumbotron. Pretty bit "holy cow" moment

Concourse looks great as always with all their features

The new in-house intro isn't as good as the old one. Also really miss the old U2 entrance music. That one used to get me so pumped. The lights show is cool though. And the drop down banners with the player headshots are sweet. They picked good shots lol

We were supposed to be seated right near the Southsiders who were invited back to take in the game yesterday. Hearing the stories of what happened the last time, I asked the host guy if he could move us to a different section. I took my dad to the game and didn't think he'd appreciate the soccer crowd. The host was awesome and moved us to a better section that was away from the noise. Props to him for his hospitality. Also props to the Southsiders...they weren't disruptive or noisy. At least not from where we were. Just got a few chants going and that was all.

So, the game:

Listen, the shot clock may have given us a 21-9 advantage at one point...but how many of those 21 shots were quality? They were all perimeter chances.

The Sedin cycle doesn't work anymore. They were rubbed out along the boards every singe time they tried anything.

We lost almost 70% of draws, hence we spent most of our time trying to gain possession back. Someone in the crowd even yelled "BRING BACK MANNY!!! AT LEAST HE CAN WIN FACEOFFS"

Higgins, Raymond, Schroeder, Lapierre, etc were totally silent. Without Kesler and Booth, they need to be more noticeable than that.

Hansen is a beast. Makes stuff happen on every shift.

Tanev is a phenomenal skater and so cool under pressure.

Ballard, on the other hand, was brutal. Made overly aggressive plays all night long

Canucks are always thinking offense, even in the D zone. Instead of clearing the puck out of danger, they try and make the perfect pass. And that's why we were getting hemmed in so much.

Luongo - made some good saves but his rebound control is very iffy. And I know the 3rd goal was a partial breakaway and a terrible play by the D's but the shot was right along the ice. If Luongo just kept in the butterfly and closed the wickets, that would have been a big save.

Real tough effort. The team has no speed and no magic. I've been to at least one game per season for the past 3-4 seasons and yesterday's was the most boring one I've ever sat through. The team is just going through the motions of playing out the season. There's no pursuit of excellence anymore.

Archived