The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild 3 @ Canucks 1

Pears

As much as I disike AV and want him gone when I wake up tommorrow, the fault for this year falls in the lap of Mike Gillis.

We have little depth, have made poor trades, and the biggest mistake was NOT having a deal done for Luongo ready to go as soon as the lock out ended.

He gambled, tried to be greedy and has gotten burned. Every night we have 4-5 million sitting on the bench and with Ballard sitting in the press box lately, another 4.5.

If people are divided on Lu and Schnieder on this board, do you not think that debate goes on in the locker room? there is NO WAY, Lu should have been here to start the year.

Injuries are not an excuse. Ottawa has it worse than use and they still win and play with passion.

The ball is in your court Mik. Time to stop resting on the work of Nonis and Burke and do something BOLD to improve this team.

As much as I disike AV and want him gone when I wake up tommorrow, the fault for this year falls in the lap of Mike Gillis.

We have little depth, have made poor trades, and the biggest mistake was NOT having a deal done for Luongo ready to go as soon as the lock out ended.

He gambled, tried to be greedy and has gotten burned. Every night we have 4-5 million sitting on the bench and with Ballard sitting in the press box lately, another 4.5.

If people are divided on Lu and Schnieder on this board, do you not think that debate goes on in the locker room? there is NO WAY, Lu should have been here to start the year.

Injuries are not an excuse. Ottawa has it worse than use and they still win and play with passion.

The ball is in your court Mik. Time to stop resting on the work of Nonis and Burke and do something BOLD to improve this team.

Time for an overhaul? We need to move an ASSET for somebody who can play 2nd line centre and allow Kesler to shut down when he comes back? Send a package to Washington an get ribeiro.

oh, and trade a goalie for crying out loud. frack

- We played about 50 mins, and we're forechecking again!

- God I love Higgins. That grinding along he board around the 14:00 mark of the 2nd, BEAUTY

- Puck luck will come, but we really can't buy a goal right now can we?

- Ballard was kinda looking good out there. A nice rush up to force an offensive zone faceoff, never saw Alberts do that. But that 3rd goal was pretty brutal.

- Bieksa's trying to find his game. He got lucky on a couple non-calls (highstick in the 1st, knee in the 2nd), and that gaffe in the first was pretty bad.

- Hank finished a hit on the forecheck and then stood up for Lu there in the 2nd. Kickass.

- Pinner is looking GREAT. I really noticed his back-checking, someone wants to stay up in the big leagues!

As big a game as this was the effort was there for the most part.

We played pretty well for alot of the game but there were some mistakes, the coaching once again was questionable. But there were things to take away from this, the PP looked good.

The real test is tommorows game, we have some adversity infront of us now, are we going to come back and win? Or are we going to fold? This is where the real test it.

Injuries are not an excuse. Ottawa has it worse than us and they still win and play with passion.

The ball is in your court Mike. Time to stop resting on the work of Nonis and Burke and do something BOLD to improve this team.

That's the funniest part. We're the highest paid team in the league next to Philly and we have nothing to show for it. I mean look at St.Louis, they have 20M to spare right now. It's really quite pathetic. The owner must be be pissed spending all that money for mediocrity.

Did Henrik really give the 60 minute effort, we played well speech?? Hate to question his leadership but i sincerly hope that same attitude is not what is being said in the room.

Were such a perimeter team, its so demoralizing every game to be putting up 30+ shots but really how many of them even tested Backstrom. I hope they don't feel good about their game over this stat.

get this through your head and everyone else in order to trade either goalie there needs to be a trading partner and its not so easy during the season not to mention a short season wait til the end of the season to be honest with injuries this season has been a wash

ya i know ottawa has dealt with injuries but not many other teams have dealt with injuries have stayed at a high level of play

Archived