The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild 3 @ Canucks 1

Pears

IDK what people see in tanev, he barely qualifies as a 3rd pairing d in the NHL. i guess its because everyone else is failing in the back end and he looked comparatively solid with ballard early in this season. ofc, we're probably not gonna see ballard again next game, or jordan getting any decent wingers

other than luongo or schneider what can we trade for something useful a 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick ballard wont get us anything trade are prospects for 2nd or 3rd line players all i can see happening is a minor deal no need to ruin our draft picks or prospects we need more

There is absolutely zero skill in our forwards after the Sedin's. The SCF against Boston is still hurting us almost 2 years later. MG wanted to get bigger and tougher to play against. We may be a little bigger but we sure aren't tougher to play against. Wouldn't fork out the cash to keep Salo around till the end of his career but will continue to dish out over 4 million each night to a goalie who is sitting on the end of the bench. Tried to play the waiting game with teams desperate for a goalie. Now we are the ones desperate. Way to go from GM of the year to cluster f**k of the year.

More of the same. No goaltending.

For the first time in ages, I agree with AV. This team did play well tonight. I think they actually outchanced their opponent - which would mark the 1st time all season they outchanced their opponent in consecutive games. Oh looky, they lost both of them easily.

I thought this goalie tandem would be this teams best asset this year. Boy was I wrong. It's been their albatross. A black hole. The abyss. They both have welllllllll below league avg EV SV%. Hiller, Bishop, Bernier, Holtby, Garon, Reimer, Miller, Scrivens are a few of the "what the hell" goalies with better EV SV% than either Canucks goalie. No excuses. It's pathetic. The Canucks D have lowered the scoring chances against to a point it's well below league avg on most nights. Yet their goalies can't stop a beach ball.

Yes, this team needs to score more goals. No doubt about it. But no team is going to score 4 goals every night to win hockey games. Someone needs to sit down both goalies and let them know how much they make - and what's expected of them.

MG should be sacked. Just useless on signing players now. all these 4+million dollar contracts to players who are always injured and don`t play. Just sign one good player at like 7-8 million who put up the points consistently.

Exactly. Outside of the twins, Burr and Kes, we have nothing of enough value to get an impact top 6 player. I wouldn't expect anything big until the summer where we'll have to get rid of not only a goalie but at least one defenceman and probably two like Edler and Ballard.

MG should be sacked. Just useless on signing players now. all these 4+million dollar contracts to players who are always injured and don`t play. Just sign one good player at like 7-8 million who put up the points consistently.

Archived