277 replies to this topic

#91 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

- We played about 50 mins, and we're forechecking again!

- God I love Higgins. That grinding along he board around the 14:00 mark of the 2nd, BEAUTY

- Puck luck will come, but we really can't buy a goal right now can we?

- Ballard was kinda looking good out there. A nice rush up to force an offensive zone faceoff, never saw Alberts do that. But that 3rd goal was pretty brutal.

- Bieksa's trying to find his game. He got lucky on a couple non-calls (highstick in the 1st, knee in the 2nd), and that gaffe in the first was pretty bad.

- Hank finished a hit on the forecheck and then stood up for Lu there in the 2nd. Kickass.

- Pinner is looking GREAT. I really noticed his back-checking, someone wants to stay up in the big leagues!

Things could hardly be better, right?

#92 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

As big a game as this was the effort was there for the most part.

We played pretty well for alot of the game but there were some mistakes, the coaching once again was questionable. But there were things to take away from this, the PP looked good.

The real test is tommorows game, we have some adversity infront of us now, are we going to come back and win? Or are we going to fold? This is where the real test it.

zackass.png

#93 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

As much as I disike AV and want him gone when I wake up tommorrow, the fault for this year falls in the lap of Mike Gillis.

We have little depth, have made poor trades, and the biggest mistake was NOT having a deal done for Luongo ready to go as soon as the lock out ended.

He gambled, tried to be greedy and has gotten burned. Every night we have 4-5 million sitting on the bench and with Ballard sitting in the press box lately, another 4.5.

If people are divided on Lu and Schnieder on this board, do you not think that debate goes on in the locker room? there is NO WAY, Lu should have been here to start the year.

Injuries are not an excuse. Ottawa has it worse than us and they still win and play with passion.

The ball is in your court Mike. Time to stop resting on the work of Nonis and Burke and do something BOLD to improve this team.

Yup.

Saw something today that rated the Canucks propect pool as 29th out of the 30 teams.

So 5 years after his arrogant proclamation of bold moves and rebuilding the farm, here we are.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#94 lorentjd

lorentjd

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

That was a GREAT game!!!

I loved each and every minute of it!!!

#95 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

I don't think Gillis can afford to wait till deadline day to make a deal. This team will likely be out of a playoff spot by then if something doesn't change.

other than luongo or schneider what can we trade for something useful a 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick ballard wont get us anything trade are prospects for 2nd or 3rd line players all i can see happening is a minor deal no need to ruin our draft picks or prospects we need more

#96 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

That's the funniest part. We're the highest paid team in the league next to Philly and we have nothing to show for it. I mean look at St.Louis, they have 20M to spare right now. It's really quite pathetic. The owner must be be pissed spending all that money for mediocrity.

Huge payroll but Canucks are still selling out, home and elsewhere...heck...Phoenix vs Canucks in Phoenix is sold out. Canuck owners are still making a lot of money. winning is great but remember, its a business.

#97 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Did Henrik really give the 60 minute effort, we played well speech?? Hate to question his leadership but i sincerly hope that same attitude is not what is being said in the room.

Were such a perimeter team, its so demoralizing every game to be putting up 30+ shots but really how many of them even tested Backstrom. I hope they don't feel good about their game over this stat.

#98 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Is it just me or did AV sound a bit worried during the post game interview? Think he knows he's on the chopping block....

#99 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

get this through your head and everyone else in order to trade either goalie there needs to be a trading partner and its not so easy during the season not to mention a short season wait til the end of the season to be honest with injuries this season has been a wash

ya i know ottawa has dealt with injuries but not many other teams have dealt with injuries have stayed at a high level of play

If you would have taken a moment to pay attention, I said that the deal should have been in place PRIOR to the start of the season. Gillis had 8 months to get a deal done.

#100 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts

Nice.No PP success.Thus,the result.

#101 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Perry and Getzalf gone....and what do we really have to trade - that is, who would want any of our guys?

Burrows.

break this teams heart, stop being so sentimental.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#102 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't think Gillis can afford to wait till deadline day to make a deal. This team will likely be out of a playoff spot by then if something doesn't change.

I'm torn on what I want him to do. This team is missing some serious talent but I really don't want him to throw a hail-Mary and trade off a Jensen or any prospects. Also, the draft is deep and for a team with sol few good prospects (none in the top 50 and ranked 29th in the league) picking up something in the first round this year is crucial.

I'd almost rather he goes with what he has now that he's left it so long and re-tool in the summer.

#103 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Outworked and outplayed.

I'll wait and see if any shake-ups happen. Until then, I'm just going to keep watching games and have 0 expectations about anything.

dontforgettolentil.png

#104 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

When's the last time our goalies won us the game?

For the money they're getting, they should be playing much better. No more average games.

very hard to steal games when you only score 1 goal....Good teams can come back being 2 or 3 but I guess we are not. The Hawks, Wings, Pens for example
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#105 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Sedin twins: we played a good game

AV: we had a good effort, great scoring chances, and the players played the best.

:sadno: :sadno:

This team SUCKS

Every loss, you have ZERO faith in this team. after a win, you aren't ever around or compliment people.
With all the negative posts just in this thread from you I wouldn't be surprised if you got a day or two ban, especially after calling the mods gay.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#106 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Is it just me or did AV sound a bit worried during the post game interview? Think he knows he's on the chopping block....

Given the mushroom cloud growing within the city and province each day, I'd say everyones on the chopping block. Would hate to be in that dressing room right now.
Posted Image

#107 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

If you would have taken a moment to pay attention, I said that the deal should have been in place PRIOR to the start of the season. Gillis had 8 months to get a deal done.

again there needs to be a trading partner even before the season started not exactly easy to do

#108 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,541 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Booth out indefinitely....I hope Gillis kept his receipt for Booth. Yikes.
I still don't think changes will be made.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#109 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

As big a game as this was the effort was there for the most part.

We played pretty well for alot of the game but there were some mistakes, the coaching once again was questionable. But there were things to take away from this, the PP looked good.

The real test is tommorows game, we have some adversity infront of us now, are we going to come back and win? Or are we going to fold? This is where the real test it.

Adversity has been with us for a long time now, and Canucks are still folding.

Just take this game as a smaller example. Canucks down 2-1 early in the 3rd, they fold EXTREMELY hard.

#110 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Every loss, you have ZERO faith in this team. after a win, you aren't ever around or compliment people.
With all the negative posts just in this thread from you I wouldn't be surprised if you got a day or two ban, especially after calling the mods gay.

Woah..we gotta tuff guy here. :bored:

Also 4 regulation wins in the last 16 games.

Why should I have faith again?

Edited by miles.p, 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#111 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts

If I was Henrik, I would have have waited outside the dressing room for say 2 minutes after everyone went in....then walked in there and threw my helmet into the showers...tear a strip out of everyone..,and told everyone to shut the hell up, don't say a _____ word to me... and let me get changed...I also would have refused to speak to any sports news people...and would have been the first to get out of the dressing room...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#112 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Sedin twins: we played a good game

AV: we had a good effort, great scoring chances, and the players played the best.

:sadno: :sadno:

This team SUCKS

did they reall say that?
i made a post earlier today about how i hate that every post game sounds the same and is almost word for word, the sedins are the only consistent line out there but i hate that they would say that.

#113 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,351 posts

Vancouver Canucks new theme song... This team used to not settle for anything less then wins now they're fine with mediocrity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb4GcReyBs4

If you think the guys in that room are fine with losing, you don't know professional athletes very well. Those guys care more than the fans, even though people think otherwise.

I honestly don't know what people expected with this roster. Just write down the roster we have right now, look at it, and tell me that it can matchup against any of the top 8 teams.

This comes down to a failure by Gillis to not shore up our center depth while Kesler was out. Counting on a career AHLer, and a raw rookie was really your plan Gillis? Really?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#114 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

sign bobby ryan

#115 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Woah..we gotta tuff guy here. :bored:

its true half the people posting after a loss aren't here after a win its pathetic and your avatar proves how much faith you and everyone else have

#116 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,736 posts

Huge payroll but Canucks are still selling out, home and elsewhere...heck...Phoenix vs Canucks in Phoenix is sold out. Canuck owners are still making a lot of money. winning is great but remember, its a business.

I agree, so many crappy products out there being produced because people are still buying them. This is simply another crappy product Canucks fans are being suckered into forking over their hard earned money. I just hope when the window officially closes, people don't do what Toronto fans did. If we want to see serious changes, we have to send a message that we are no longer satisfied with mediocrity.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#117 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

other than luongo or schneider what can we trade for something useful a 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick ballard wont get us anything trade are prospects for 2nd or 3rd line players all i can see happening is a minor deal no need to ruin our draft picks or prospects we need more

Exactly. Outside of the twins, Burr and Kes, we have nothing of enough value to get an impact top 6 player. I wouldn't expect anything big until the summer where we'll have to get rid of not only a goalie but at least one defenceman and probably two like Edler and Ballard.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#118 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Did Henrik really give the 60 minute effort, we played well speech?? Hate to question his leadership but i sincerly hope that same attitude is not what is being said in the room.

Were such a perimeter team, its so demoralizing every game to be putting up 30+ shots but really how many of them even tested Backstrom. I hope they don't feel good about their game over this stat.

I agree on the perimeter comment. Backstrom didn't give up a lt of rebounds but when he did, our guys were never in position for a shot. When Higgins dug the puck out from behind the net, where were his teammates? That would have been a sure goal.

Also, all the shots from the point and no tips! Backstrom saw pretty much everything.

...and where's the team speed? I don't think we have anyone on this team that can actually attack with speed and beat a defender to create space and opportunity. Everyone of our forwards - except Schroeder - slows down adn chips or tries to get a pass to a team mate going 1/2 speed. Absolutely depressing to watch the offensive strategy of this team/

#119 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts

Burrows.

break this teams heart, stop being so sentimental.

Really? The guy that everyone calls out for "pulling hair"? Why would another team want him? Seriously.

Sentimental? I'm not sentimental...outraged yes....but not sentimental...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#120 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,964 posts

Outworked and outplayed.

I'll wait and see if any shake-ups happen. Until then, I'm just going to keep watching games and have 0 expectations about anything.

the shake up is inevitable now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.