277 replies to this topic

#121 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

again there needs to be a trading partner even before the season started not exactly easy to do

Fair enough, but I really struggle to believe that no one made an offer for Lu. In my opinion Gillis tried to hold out for a "homerun deal".

Edited by kirkmclean1994, 18 March 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#122 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

IDK what people see in tanev, he barely qualifies as a 3rd pairing d in the NHL. i guess its because everyone else is failing in the back end and he looked comparatively solid with ballard early in this season. ofc, we're probably not gonna see ballard again next game, or jordan getting any decent wingers

you're kidding right? Tanev's been our most solid defenseman this year... and that's saying a lot considering we have such a deep backend with Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#123 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

other than luongo or schneider what can we trade for something useful a 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick ballard wont get us anything trade are prospects for 2nd or 3rd line players all i can see happening is a minor deal no need to ruin our draft picks or prospects we need more

Luongo is a salary dump. To trade him away we will have to add a draft pick and ask for nothing. The only question is how high the pick

#124 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Really? The guy that everyone calls out for "pulling hair"? Why would another team want him? Seriously.

Sentimental? I'm not sentimental...outraged yes....but not sentimental...

not talking about you, i'm just saying this team as a whole needs to start learning to break up with assets. change things that don't work.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#125 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Another game of not playing a full 60 min. .

canucks141.png

#126 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Listening to CKNW...i wanna puke listening to Henrik..

#127 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

There is absolutely zero skill in our forwards after the Sedin's. The SCF against Boston is still hurting us almost 2 years later. MG wanted to get bigger and tougher to play against. We may be a little bigger but we sure aren't tougher to play against. Wouldn't fork out the cash to keep Salo around till the end of his career but will continue to dish out over 4 million each night to a goalie who is sitting on the end of the bench. Tried to play the waiting game with teams desperate for a goalie. Now we are the ones desperate. Way to go from GM of the year to cluster f**k of the year.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#128 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

More of the same. No goaltending.

For the first time in ages, I agree with AV. This team did play well tonight. I think they actually outchanced their opponent - which would mark the 1st time all season they outchanced their opponent in consecutive games. Oh looky, they lost both of them easily.

I thought this goalie tandem would be this teams best asset this year. Boy was I wrong. It's been their albatross. A black hole. The abyss. They both have welllllllll below league avg EV SV%. Hiller, Bishop, Bernier, Holtby, Garon, Reimer, Miller, Scrivens are a few of the "what the hell" goalies with better EV SV% than either Canucks goalie. No excuses. It's pathetic. The Canucks D have lowered the scoring chances against to a point it's well below league avg on most nights. Yet their goalies can't stop a beach ball.

Yes, this team needs to score more goals. No doubt about it. But no team is going to score 4 goals every night to win hockey games. Someone needs to sit down both goalies and let them know how much they make - and what's expected of them.

#129 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Give Backstrom some credit tonight, he did play pretty solid.

This team is just having some horrible puck luck lately and it's hurting their confidence.

You gotta think if they keep firing 36 shots a night on goaltenders, more than one is gonna go in.

It isn't always the amount of shots that hit the net, it's the quality of the shot that counts. You're right though. This team has had a bit of bad luck whether it be through injuries, bad reffing, or just akward bounces going against us. I have also heard the expression that you create your own luck, and if you work hard enough you'll get whats coming to you.

#130 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Outworked and outplayed.

I'll wait and see if any shake-ups happen. Until then, I'm just going to keep watching games and have 0 expectations about anything.

I see i'm not the only one who's feeling so apathetic.

Edited by GreatSaveJasee, 18 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#131 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Listening to CKNW...i wanna puke listening to Henrik..

I'm more concerned that you're listening to NW! :lol:

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#132 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

MG should be sacked. Just useless on signing players now. all these 4+million dollar contracts to players who are always injured and don`t play. Just sign one good player at like 7-8 million who put up the points consistently.

#133 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Exactly. Outside of the twins, Burr and Kes, we have nothing of enough value to get an impact top 6 player. I wouldn't expect anything big until the summer where we'll have to get rid of not only a goalie but at least one defenceman and probably two like Edler and Ballard.

Edler just got signed so only defenceman going is Ballard and maybe Hamhuis or Bieksa

Edler Garrison and Tanev are unmovable for the next year at least

#134 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

ST Louis is licking their chops after watching tonights game.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#135 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

I miss Trevor Linden and the heart he showed in 1994. That's what this team needs.

#136 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I thought we actually played great tonight. We hustled and was unlucky. Backs from was outstanding and made it look easy to boot.

Posted Image

#137 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

I miss Trevor Linden and the heart he showed in 1994. That's what this team needs.

They should ask him to come into the locker room and have a chat with the guys. :P

#138 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

St.louis is ahead of us

#139 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

They should ask him to come into the locker room and have a chat with the guys. :P

Maybe he could give us a shift or two!

#140 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

MG should be sacked. Just useless on signing players now. all these 4+million dollar contracts to players who are always injured and don`t play. Just sign one good player at like 7-8 million who put up the points consistently.

You bring up a good point. What have we always missed? A Norris calibre defenceman who can play 30 minutes a game instead of 5 second and third pairing defencemen earning $4.5 Million each. Same thing in the top 6...a bunch of $4 Million plus forwards in the top 6...but apparently nobody who can take over a game or make a difference when it needs to be made.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#141 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Aquilini has to be close to stepping in somehow...

#142 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Maybe he could give us a shift or two!

I bet he still has it.

The closest thing we have to that kind of heart right now is Hansen... he plays with that kind of heart.

#143 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

St.louis is ahead of us

I think he said that cuz we play em tomorrow. ;)
Posted Image

#144 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,077 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

St.louis is ahead of us

Licking their chops thinking of a win if we play like this again

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#145 Hock-E-Dad

Hock-E-Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

get this through your head and everyone else in order to trade either goalie there needs to be a trading partner and its not so easy during the season not to mention a short season wait til the end of the season to be honest with injuries this season has been a wash

ya i know ottawa has dealt with injuries but not many other teams have dealt with injuries have stayed at a high level of play

You do need a trading partner, but you have to give yourself the best chance for success... and you don't announce your #1 goalie who you've signed to a stupid-a$$ contract has lost his starting job, and then expect someone else to be dumb enough to clean-up your mistake. Milbury's not a GM anymore unfortunately. Gillis needs to own this debacle.

#146 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,769 posts

POPULAR

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Ebbett Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise
Sestito Schroeder Pinizotto

I want everyone to take a look at this roster. I mean really look at it.

Is this a roster that should be challenging for a division title? It's no wonder we can only score one goal. Half the forward group are AHLers.

So before everyone goes and jumps all over the players, stop and think about it. These players are all probably looking at management too and thinking "a little help Gillis?"

Edited by DeNiro, 18 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#147 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

I'm more concerned that you're listening to NW! :lol:

Its actually pretty good. a breath of fresh air. no dan russell.

#148 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Anyone want to become a Habs fan!!!

Nope, can't do it.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#149 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

LUONGO IS GETTING PAID TOO MUCH !!! Trade him or give him away I don't care free up some space. This guy will easily lose the game for you in the 3rd and suck the life out of the team, he used to be the hero on this team but that time is gone OUT WITH THE OLD ALREADY. Btw the team also sucked in the 3rd but I blame the goalie for starting the mayhem :)

ya luongo was the problem to night.... crawl back under your rock..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#150 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

luckily for us, oshie and pietrangelo might not play
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.