The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We're trending towards copying Calgary

The Dark Knight

Wow you can't be serious?!?!

All you fans jumping off the bandwagon and doom and gloom like this is what embarrasses me about being a Canuck fan sometimes.

All you whiners need to get a grip, stand by and have some damn faith in our players, coaches and management.

Wow you can't be serious?!?!

All you fans jumping off the bandwagon and doom and gloom like this is what embarrasses me about being a Canuck fan sometimes.

All you whiners need to get a grip, stand by and have some damn faith in our players, coaches and management.

The prospects are looking pretty dismal right now, but not such that they would warrant a complete overhaul. But the situation is dire enough that something has to be done. The trouble is we have a general manager who is stubbornly resolute, in the face of all odds that we have a true contender, and nothing is missing or needs to be done. Its time to wake up and see that this situation demands some changes.

i love people who think this team can perform like 2011, a year where the stars aligned and everything went right, just because the personnel is largely the same. thats the main reason they WON'T win like they did 2 years ago; change is the one constant for success in sports. it works like evolution. you adapt in the areas where you fell short in order to thrive.

this team is stagnant and they'll go extinct rather than thrive.

Have you lost your mind?? Calgary's cup run was 10 yrs ago ours was 2.. Let me tell you sir that I for one am as frustrated as you. This is unacceptable. But on the same token, we just had one of the best teams in history, there was no where to go but down.. There's no reason for us to be bad but they will get out of it. Our glass is still half full IMO. We still have a great team if we can pull it together at the right time. That's all it takes for us to be champs. A little shake up trade and come together at the right time. Hard to imagine them pulling out of this but they will, they always do. They're still a damn good team with secondary guys on fire(Hansen tanev) if the boys pull it together, start clicking and squeak into 7th place we can make some noise in the playoffs. The majority of our team is in their 20s. Twins are getting older but far from done. I'd say at least 4 solid years in them, if not more at a lower level. I'm not saying they want to but if your 36, no cup, still competitive and valuable, why would you stop? I don't see why they wouldn't play till their 38 if they have the physical capability.

Panic and freak out if you want to but gillis is not blowing this all up. Moves will be made just not that unreal.

Have you lost your mind?? Calgary's cup run was 10 yrs ago ours was 2.. Let me tell you sir that I for one am as frustrated as you. This is unacceptable. But on the same token, we just had one of the best teams in history, there was no where to go but down.. There's no reason for us to be bad but they will get out of it. Our glass is still half full IMO. We still have a great team if we can pull it together at the right time. That's all it takes for us to be champs. A little shake up trade and come together at the right time. Hard to imagine them pulling out of this but they will, they always do. They're still a damn good team with secondary guys on fire(Hansen tanev) if the boys pull it together, start clicking and squeak into 7th place we can make some noise in the playoffs. The majority of our team is in their 20s. Twins are getting older but far from done. I'd say at least 4 solid years in them, if not more at a lower level. I'm not saying they want to but if your 36, no cup, still competitive and valuable, why would you stop? I don't see why they wouldn't play till their 38 if they have the physical capability.

Panic and freak out if you want to but gillis is not blowing this all up. Moves will be made just not that unreal.

For anyone who thinks Gillis will can AV that is a pipe dream as their good buddies and apparently when Gillis signed his contract he told the owners if AV goes so does he as the owners were rumoured to want AV gone but believed in Gillis and kept him. Gillis will not fire AV, he'll blame this season on..... injuries.

You guys are something else. It's fans like you guys who lose their mind at times every season and are up and down mentally like yoyo's that i wish were fans of the Flamers.

I shouldn't even have to point out the obvious fact that Calgary wasn't a two time Presidents Trophy winner before their Cup run it was a complete fluke for them to be there there's a HUGE difference.

Why don't you guys go find another team to cheer for.

One that you guys want that's wins all the time all season and every playoffs that doesn't ever have some bad luck, injuries or hiccups from time to time.

What's been wrong at times this season is this team hasn't been healthy and can't develop the chemistry needed that any great team needs. So they are forced to plug in AHL players and mix all their lines up every period of every game and theres no team that can win consistently doing that every night.

The Canucks have worked hard with what they got and have deserved a better fate on many nights even with the lack of chemistry.

Until the Canucks are actually healthy and MG can make a depth move or two that's when they will show the truth that they are a well balanced elite Stanley Cup contender.

Until then why don't you guys should go watch soccer with all the other drama queens while us good fans stay level headed and cheer and enjoy this team no matter what they are going through.

You guys are something else. It's fans like you guys who lose their mind at times every season and are up and down mentally like yoyo's that i wish were fans of the Flamers.

I shouldn't even have to point out the obvious fact that Calgary wasn't a two time Presidents Trophy winner before their Cup run it was a complete fluke for them to be there there's a HUGE difference.

Why don't you guys go find another team to cheer for.

One that you guys want that's wins all the time all season and every playoffs that doesn't ever have some bad luck, injuries or hiccups from time to time.

What's been wrong at times this season is this team hasn't been healthy and can't develop the chemistry needed that any great team needs. So they are forced to plug in AHL players and mix all their lines up every period of every game and theres no team that can win consistently doing that every night.

The Canucks have worked hard with what they got and have deserved a better fate on many nights even with the lack of chemistry.

Until the Canucks are actually healthy and MG can make a depth move or two that's when they will show the truth that they are a well balanced elite Stanley Cup contender.

Until then why don't you guys should go watch soccer with all the other drama queens while us good fans stay level headed and cheer and enjoy this team no matter what they are going through.

For anyone who thinks Gillis will can AV that is a pipe dream as their good buddies and apparently when Gillis signed his contract he told the owners if AV goes so does he as the owners were rumoured to want AV gone but believed in Gillis and kept him. Gillis will not fire AV, he'll blame this season on..... injuries.

Having difficulty figuring out how we are trending towards copying Calgary.

- Vancouver doesn't have one defenseman making over $6M (who should be making $4.5 at best)

- Vancouver has a capable starter for when they trade Luongo. Calgary has nothing in the pipeline.

- Vancouver has two point per game players in their early 30s, Calgary doesn't have 1 player producing at that rate.

- Calgary's GM nearly gave up a 1st and a 3rd round pick for literally nothing. To my recollection, no other GM has done that.

- Calgary traded a top 20 defenseman in the league for Matt Stajan (other players gone from that trade).

The Canucks aren't playing well, and all GMs make mistakes, but the Flames have been managed poorly for a very long time.

Archived