#1 AllCanucksAllTheTime

AllCanucksAllTheTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Vancouver / Anaheim

To Ana: Booth, Garrison, Ebbett, 5th rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel

Anaheim won't have enough money to resign Bobby Ryan now with the two 8yr deal they game Getzlaf & Perry. Plus Ryan is a goal scorer that can play with the Sedins, and Steckel is a great faceoff guy for the 3rd line.

Vancouver / Toronto

To Tor: Luongo

To Van: Kulemin, Blacker, 2nd rd.

Toronto still needs stability in net, Lou gives them that. With the return of Lupul, Frattin can move down to the 2nd line with Kadri & JVR leaving no room for Kulemin. And Jesse Blacker is a prospect defenseman who can start making the transition to the NHL.

THEN: We sign Brent Johnson to back up Schneids.

***Given Booth's injury this trade will probably have to wait until the offseason***

Projected Lineups:

Sedin - Sedin - Ryan
Kulemin - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Steckel - Kassian
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Hamhuis
Bieksa - Tanev
Ballard - Blacker

Schneider
Johnson

THIS:

Lecavalier had a terrible season and was flamed into submission for his poor play.

Yet, only 1 player on the Canucks scored more goals than him. That 1 player had 5 more goals (6 more points) but played 8 more games, averaged 6 and a half more minutes of ice a game, and took 107 more shots on net.

Kind of speaks volumes to how ugly the Canucks play was this past season.

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why would Anaheim do that? And why would Garrison waive his NTC.

zackass.png

#3 bobby loocid dreamer

bobby loocid dreamer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

if we made it a 1st to Anaheim they might listen. maybe. I think we would have to give a top prospect as well. the 2nd trade is not bad.
Go Batman!

#4 AllCanucksAllTheTime

AllCanucksAllTheTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well, I'm just assuming Garrison would. I personally never liked the signing. Not for the amount of money he got.

Anaheim's second line is getting old. Selanne and Koivu are about to retire, and so are a few of their D-Men. Lookng back I guess Ebbett and a 5th is a little low, giving a first is too much unles we get a 3rd back.. Maybe try this?

To Ana: Garrison, Booth, Ebbett, 1st rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel, 3rd rd.

THIS:

Lecavalier had a terrible season and was flamed into submission for his poor play.

Yet, only 1 player on the Canucks scored more goals than him. That 1 player had 5 more goals (6 more points) but played 8 more games, averaged 6 and a half more minutes of ice a game, and took 107 more shots on net.

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Vancouver / Anaheim

To Ana: Booth, Garrison, Ebbett, 5th rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel

Anaheim won't have enough money to resign Bobby Ryan now with the two 8yr deal they game Getzlaf & Perry. Plus Ryan is a goal scorer that can play with the Sedins, and Steckel is a great faceoff guy for the 3rd line.

Why would Anaheim do that? And why would Garrison waive his NTC.

As already stated, the first deal makes no sense so I stopped reading. If Anaheim can't afford Ryan then why would they want Booth and Garrison's contracts back?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 AllCanucksAllTheTime

AllCanucksAllTheTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

What I meant is that they can't afford to tie up all that salary in one player. But getting a top 4 d-man and a 2nd line pwf with offensive upside for the same price would help balance their scoring.

THIS:

#7 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Anaheim doesn't accept, and I don't see the second deal as being that desirable on the Canucks end.

I'll try to do this as unbiased as possible with deals that are more realistic.

To Vancouver: Bobby Ryan
To Anaheim: 1st, Raymond, Schroeder

To Vancouver: Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, Joe Colborne
To Toronto: Luongo, 3rd

#8 AllCanucksAllTheTime

AllCanucksAllTheTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Since the year is all over the place right now that pick could be high or low.. maybe a conditional 3rd or 4th depending on how high it is. But I like that trade.

I like the second one for the most part, just concerned with the fact that in 3 years we could be facing another ridiculous goalie controversy. Not that it matters as long as we win games, I'm just sayin.

If the Ryan trade went through I still say move Booth for picks.. His contract is too much considering the production we get out of him.

THIS:

#9 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

SO many things wrong with the Ducks proposal.

1) Ryan is signed for 2 more years beyond this season, so resigning him isn't an immediate concern

2) If it was a concern, why would they ship out a combined $6.2M caphit (Ryan and Steckel) to take on a $9.425 cap hit (Garrison, Booth, Ebbett)

3) Ryan is by far the best player in this deal. Anaheim gets a lot worse by doing this deal. Booth Garrison and Ebbet COMBINED couldn't replace the points from losing Ryan.

4) Booth is out long term. Why would Anaheim trade for a guy that has had injury woes for pretty much his whole career and has no timetable for a return from this one?

5) IF the Ducks were shopping Ryan Im sure that 28 other teams would be able to offer a much better package than 2 overpaid under performing guys and a borderline AHLer

Edited by qwijibo, 19 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.