Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllCanucksAllTheTime

[Proposal] Van/Tor & Van/Ana

9 posts in this topic

Vancouver / Anaheim

To Ana: Booth, Garrison, Ebbett, 5th rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel

Anaheim won't have enough money to resign Bobby Ryan now with the two 8yr deal they game Getzlaf & Perry. Plus Ryan is a goal scorer that can play with the Sedins, and Steckel is a great faceoff guy for the 3rd line.

Vancouver / Toronto

To Tor: Luongo

To Van: Kulemin, Blacker, 2nd rd.

Toronto still needs stability in net, Lou gives them that. With the return of Lupul, Frattin can move down to the 2nd line with Kadri & JVR leaving no room for Kulemin. And Jesse Blacker is a prospect defenseman who can start making the transition to the NHL.

THEN: We sign Brent Johnson to back up Schneids.

***Given Booth's injury this trade will probably have to wait until the offseason***

Projected Lineups:

Sedin - Sedin - Ryan

Kulemin - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Steckel - Kassian

Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Hamhuis

Bieksa - Tanev

Ballard - Blacker

Schneider

Johnson

if we made it a 1st to Anaheim they might listen. maybe. I think we would have to give a top prospect as well. the 2nd trade is not bad.

Well, I'm just assuming Garrison would. I personally never liked the signing. Not for the amount of money he got.

Anaheim's second line is getting old. Selanne and Koivu are about to retire, and so are a few of their D-Men. Lookng back I guess Ebbett and a 5th is a little low, giving a first is too much unles we get a 3rd back.. Maybe try this?

To Ana: Garrison, Booth, Ebbett, 1st rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel, 3rd rd.

Vancouver / Anaheim

To Ana: Booth, Garrison, Ebbett, 5th rd.

To Van: Ryan, Steckel

Anaheim won't have enough money to resign Bobby Ryan now with the two 8yr deal they game Getzlaf & Perry. Plus Ryan is a goal scorer that can play with the Sedins, and Steckel is a great faceoff guy for the 3rd line.

What I meant is that they can't afford to tie up all that salary in one player. But getting a top 4 d-man and a 2nd line pwf with offensive upside for the same price would help balance their scoring.

Anaheim doesn't accept, and I don't see the second deal as being that desirable on the Canucks end.

I'll try to do this as unbiased as possible with deals that are more realistic.

To Vancouver: Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim: 1st, Raymond, Schroeder

To Vancouver: Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens, Joe Colborne

To Toronto: Luongo, 3rd

Since the year is all over the place right now that pick could be high or low.. maybe a conditional 3rd or 4th depending on how high it is. But I like that trade.

I like the second one for the most part, just concerned with the fact that in 3 years we could be facing another ridiculous goalie controversy. Not that it matters as long as we win games, I'm just sayin.

If the Ryan trade went through I still say move Booth for picks.. His contract is too much considering the production we get out of him.

SO many things wrong with the Ducks proposal.

1) Ryan is signed for 2 more years beyond this season, so resigning him isn't an immediate concern

2) If it was a concern, why would they ship out a combined $6.2M caphit (Ryan and Steckel) to take on a $9.425 cap hit (Garrison, Booth, Ebbett)

3) Ryan is by far the best player in this deal. Anaheim gets a lot worse by doing this deal. Booth Garrison and Ebbet COMBINED couldn't replace the points from losing Ryan.

4) Booth is out long term. Why would Anaheim trade for a guy that has had injury woes for pretty much his whole career and has no timetable for a return from this one?

5) IF the Ducks were shopping Ryan Im sure that 28 other teams would be able to offer a much better package than 2 overpaid under performing guys and a borderline AHLer