The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tough pill to swallow!

nitwitt

Well, just past the half way of this shorten season, and it looks rather familar to the last half of the 2012 season. We're a .500 team at best, but we as fans and the media are expecting so much more. There is a real possibility that the Canucks don't even make the playoffs so what needs to be done right now to get this mess back on the tracks. Here are the first few things I would do ASAP.

1.Roberto Luongo stays, deal Corey Schnieder :( love Corey but this team needs to maximize assets.

2.Fire A.V. he's had a great run, probably one of the finest coaches we've had, but watching the last 30-40 games it has become clear that the team(players) have checked out.

3.Mayson Raymond stays, seals up 2nd line LW. Plays with Kesler and Kassian on the Right side when he gets back.

Over this and last season I've swallowed so many tough pills with this team... its not even funny.

We are a below average team with tons of holes and no prospectives in patching. We traded our prospects and future stars for bunch of plugs...

Even if Kesler comes back and we pull some magic to get another player which can help this team, I don't see how we can go far since they will be the targetted players... This team is lacking some serious depth...

I dont understand management to be honest...

Well, just past the half way of this shorten season, and it looks rather familar to the last half of the 2012 season. We're a .500 team at best, but we as fans and the media are expecting so much more. There is a real possibility that the Canucks don't even make the playoffs so what needs to be done right now to get this mess back on the tracks. Here are the first few things I would do ASAP.

1.Roberto Luongo stays, deal Corey Schnieder :( love Corey but this team needs to maximize assets.

2.Fire A.V. he's had a great run, probably one of the finest coaches we've had, but watching the last 30-40 games it has become clear that the team(players) have checked out.

3.Mayson Raymond stays, seals up 2nd line LW. Plays with Kesler and Kassian on the Right side when he gets back.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Hansen Ebbett Raymond

Higgins Lappy Pinnizotto

Sestito Schroeder Weise

Really? you're expecting more from this group? The fact that they're still in the playoffs is amazing.

Take LA for example, now remove Carter Richards and Penner and you'll have a team that will struggle to win.

Detroit beat us 8-1 with 5 or 6 call-ups due to injuries.

Ottawa has more serious injuries than us (Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson) and has remained competitive and is in every game.

This team is too happy to allow adversity to give it a reason to fail. Starts with managment. AV and MG have dismissed and actually ridiculed fan expectations and criticsims. AV laughing off how fans were concerned about "how

the Nucks wer winning down the stretch last year. Well...who was right then and now?

IN response to fan concerns this year (earlier on) that the team was not playing well MG saying the fans expect too much and that they should be happy with how good a team this is. Really MG?!! Who appears to have been right again.

WIth AV and this team, there is always an excuse...inuries, reffing, travel, back to back games, early game...The problem is, they lack leadership and accountability. They have become accustomed to mediocre effort and results and no longer have the drive to dominate teams or control the tempo of a game.

Like Tony Gallagher said, they are waiting. ALways waiting for something to happen to them. A trade. a coaching change, a return of an injured player, someone to step up and play hero, the goalies to steal a game....

It's hard to watch what was a very good hockey team stumble around and embarrass themselves with all this crap.

Did he win? Yeah this team went to the cup finals ONCE and beyond the first round 1 other time. He's big time underachieved with this talent group. We've had some really good players come through here on his watch and he's more concerned about making them fit "The System" then maximizing the talents those players have.

To all those pointing to his regular season win's and two Presidents Trophy's can you just stop please? All of that is meaningless.

Wow is this hard to watch. I find it hard to stomach how little backbone this team has. I am so tired of seeing this team get physically run out of it's own building. At some point Gillis has to wake up and realize that the team HE assembled is nowhere near good enough. When is Gillis going to be held to account for his many errors? We use to own our house and had teams adjust to our game. Sadly that is now history.

LOOK AT THE TEAM HE HAD IN FRONT OF HIM

Sedin - Sedin -Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson

Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen

Torres - Lapierre - Glass

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Ehrhoff

Ballard - Salo

Luongo

Schneider

Almost all players had career years

Archived