The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

The Canucks haven't been good since our BIG win against the Bruins last year. We've been on a downward slide. Yes we lost Daniel for pretty much the playoffs but I don't think it would of made that much of a difference. Our pp continues to not get it done and we spend over $5 mill for a guy with a cannon and he sits on the bench while Hamhuis misses the net on the pp.

The Penguins and Kings made a big coaching change and won the cup. I think the perfect guy for this team is Lindy Ruff. I think he could be the guy to help us win the big trophy.

The Canucks need a kick in the a** to get going.

The simple answer is yes.

The Realistic answer MG wont fire him and will burn another year with this team. Once Lindy Ruff is hired which could be anytime now, then ya your next best option is this John Cooper AHL coach i suppose. But id prefer a proven NHL coach like Ruff.

They havent changed the PP and we cant score. Before Booths injury why not try him on the PP. Why is Hamhuis on the 1st unit over Garrison? I would have Bieksa on the point aswell as he can get the puck on net, chances for tips and rebounds are how alot of goals can get scored on PP.

They looked unethused to play last night against a detroit team who played friday, definitely looks like our team doesnt want to play 100% for close to a full game.

The Canucks haven't been good since our BIG win against the Bruins last year. We've been on a downward slide. Yes we lost Daniel for pretty much the playoffs but I don't think it would of made that much of a difference. Our pp continues to not get it done and we spend over $5 mill for a guy with a cannon and he sits on the bench while Hamhuis misses the net on the pp.

The Penguins and Kings made a big coaching change and won the cup. I think the perfect guy for this team is Lindy Ruff. I think he could be the guy to help us win the big trophy.

The Canucks need a kick in the a** to get going.

The simple answer is no.

Unnecessary.

MG must supply the coaches with a few players that can execute the way they need to and so that everyone can play at their strengths and positions.

The team needs 2 killer centermen.

And the damn players must play desperate and execute.

The simple answer is yes.

The Realistic answer MG wont fire him and will burn another year with this team. Once Lindy Ruff is hired which could be anytime now, then ya your next best option is this John Cooper AHL coach i suppose. But id prefer a proven NHL coach like Ruff.

They havent changed the PP and we cant score. Before Booths injury why not try him on the PP. Why is Hamhuis on the 1st unit over Garrison? I would have Bieksa on the point aswell as he can get the puck on net, chances for tips and rebounds are how alot of goals can get scored on PP.

They looked unethused to play last night against a detroit team who played friday, definitely looks like our team doesnt want to play 100% for close to a full game.

Yes... or we can just keep chugging along unmotivated and predictable. If this was a warzone we would've replaced our Commander already. You can't keep losing battles and expect to win the war. We will not win the cup with the way they are playing and with the current leadership...

According to Rhett Warrener, one of Ruff's strengths as a coach is his ability to adjust his systems according to what the opposition is doing. He cited the 1999 SC run (which Buffalo eventually lost to Dallas) as an example. According to Rhett, the Sabres were outmatched in pretty much every category (except goaltending) in every series but Ruff was able to implement strategies to counter the systems the other teams were employing.

That's the problem, AV doesn't use what Gillis has given him. Where was Garrison last night on the 5 on 3?

Why is it good players suddenly become poor when they arrive in Vancouver? I watched Garrison on more than one occasion last season when he was in Florida. He's not the same here because he's not being used the same.

Needing help at center is obvious.

Archived