The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

Just posting to say that I agree with just about everything wallstreet is posting. CanuckJay as well. As RUPERT seems to think (and I'm not saying he hasn't acknowledged this, because he has) fans that want Vigneault gone don't see the positives, we do. We see the win record. We see him getting a lot out of that 2006-2007 team that took most of their shots to the logo of the opposing goalies, we see that AV helped get this team to game 7 of the stanley cup finals, but we also see the flaws, and there's plenty that have already been mentioned in this thread.

I'm not a particularly articulate person, so there's not much new I can add to this thread regarding why he should go, but I see a lot of things posted by the 2 people I mentioned wanting AV gone that I'm not seeing anyone giving a reasonable excuse for.

I will say that my attitude for AV has changed for the positive during his tenure here (I'm a person that appreciates up tempo hockey), mostly thanks to my brother pointing out the positives of AVs system, such as every year he does change/improve his strategy in the playoffs (though he doesn't seem to change it during the playoffs when other teams adapt), but there are some things that he's done for years that just bother me, such as his inability to work with offense first young players, his favoritism for some (Weise) and seemingly mismanagement of other assets - Schroeder on the 4th why? - (though for some cases in recent past years this has about as much to do with MG and his cap management as it does with AV - like Duco last year, Shirokov the year before). It's not like it's impossible to teach a young player defense while allowing them to play offense - Kassian.

Want to add that when I mentioned Rupert, I'm ultimately speaking about him/barry/that other dude whom I forgot your name and am too lazy to look up

this team needs a new coach just as bad as LA did last year, AV is not the type of coach to pull this team out of this dead play they've played last year and this year and it's just getting worse, he really needs to go and he was a great coach for us it's just we need a new direction.

The canucks maybe be on a wining streak but the coach still needs to go.

The only reason they've been winning is thanks to goaltending once again. Without their stellar goaltenders AV would of been fired long ago.

Av has finally been running with what people want.Felling the heat, running with one goalie but still the same stupid defend a lead in the third. The second line only because he has no options right now. If it was for a couple recent injuries he's still be icing stupid line combo's.

Who do we blame for these types of games? The goaltending was fine. The whole team looked flat and not ready to play. I don't see good teams come out this flat and get dominated. Yes I understand we're missing Kessler, Booth, Ballard and Kassian. That has no bearing on how a team can come out to play. The Canucks had no fight and heart in this Edmonton game. I'd still be fine with firing the coach and at this point the lack of a deal on our goalies front, I'd have to think Gillis should be worried too.

I think the window to fire the coach has passed. There just isnt enough time before playoffs start to get the team up to speed on a new system, and have the coach familiarize himself with his players, etc.

The good news is that this is a make it or break it playoffs for AV (I hope)

So either we win the cup or go Super far, OR, we lose early and AV gets canned.

Hopefully its the 1st option and we win the cup but at the end of the day, we'll hopefully get a least 1 out of our 2 wishes.

I think the window to fire the coach has passed. There just isnt enough time before playoffs start to get the team up to speed on a new system, and have the coach familiarize himself with his players, etc.

The good news is that this is a make it or break it playoffs for AV (I hope)

So either we win the cup or go Super far, OR, we lose early and AV gets canned.

Hopefully its the 1st option and we win the cup but at the end of the day, we'll hopefully get a least 1 out of our 2 wishes.

Canucks need the owner to shake it up. The present management and all their coaches need replacing. In a game like last night they had no answers. They did nothing. How sad. Not even a time out. No hitting, they had no answers.

Archived