The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

Easy to blame a coach and gm but The real problem if u ask me is with the core group, zero wolf pack mentality all to happy to watch a Sedin get run unanswered. Beyond the coaching staff and the fanbase who pay hundreds of dollars to go to a game, the real problem is we have a group of men who won't play hard for 60 minutes or show even the slightest sniff of fighting for each other. The passive euro captain an assistant are class guys , nice guys but someone inside that room needs to start showing some leadership and kick some arse.

The only thing that will help the Canucks is a heart transplant at this point.

The real problem if u ask me, zero wolf pack mentality all to happy to watch a Sedin get run unanswered. Beyond the coaching staff and the fanbase who pay hundreds of dollars to go to a game, the real problem is we have a group of men who won't play hard for 60 minutes or show even the slightest sniff of fighting for each other.

The only thing that will help the Canucks is a heart transplant at this point.

His main responsibility is to fine-tune the ways the team needs to play in different situations, not having to tell Henrik every-time they lose ...... "you're not playing with your heart nor showing the rest you're their captain" type of BS !! The players ALL must know they have to give at least 80% effort to earn their keeps.

Lester Piggott would not have achieved fame if the horses he flogged just wouldn't run. He did because he rode the best horses !

His main responsibility is to fine-tune the ways the team needs to play in different situations, not having to tell Henrik every-time they lose ...... "you're not playing with your heart nor showing the rest you're their captain" type of BS !! The players ALL must know they have to give at least 80% effort to earn their keeps.

Lester Piggott would not have achieved fame if the horses he flogged just wouldn't run. He did because he rode the best horses !

Main responsibilty is to fine-tune? What crack are you smoking today? Must be an easter treat! He doesn't need to tell Henrik or Daniel anything, they are the only players on this team who show up and play, what he needs to do is wake up the rest of the team to play. Atleast 80%? Well then it's the coaches job to get them the other 20% to make it 100, coach has a responsibilty to make sure his players are playing their game and if they need to be woken up god damn they need to be woken up by a coach.

Lidstrom retired and Stuart left plus all of the injuries on there back end.

They've lost their best 2 defenceman and haven't replaced them with anyone. They were hopping to get Suter or Webber and failed at that.

We lost Salo and replaced him with Garrisson. I'd like to see the Canucks lose the Sedins and see how we do.

Henrik Sedin 31pts

Daniel Sedin 29pts

Alex Burrows 19pts

Jannik Hansen 19pts

Mason Raymond18pts

Most of Burrows points come when he plays with the Sedins anyways, so your comment about the Sedins don't make any sense, they are the only players on this team who show up and play.

Nope. He'd rather throw his players under the bus. But not the whole team, no. Specific players.

Kassian and Gordon sent down. I dunno.. Gordon was doing pretty good in my opinion. Kassian is probably just down for conditioning. Kassian is top 6 or bust. He doesn't play the way we need him to on the bottom 6.

AV does nothing but sidestep any accountability. He just throws the scapegoats to the wolves whenever anything goes sideways. He's the one who is supposed to be driving the damned bus, why is it never his fault when it goes sideways?

Why is it not his fault for having been sideways for an entire year?

Babcock -- A VERY GOOD COACH -- takes responsibility. I have NEVER ONCE heard AV take responsibility for his failures.

Archived