The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

I really don't think AV's system would work with the players on the NYR. AV would have an effect on a team similar to what happened in Phoenix. He could pull a team that is in turmoil and take them to the play-offs with his high-percentage systems. But he would never take them further than that.

Torts is a pretty awful coach, though. His GM has done more than enough to put good teams together, and Torts hasn't been able to pull these players together.

Take a look at our record, and then take a look at our 3 Cs after Henrik.

I honestly don't know what some people expect. The only argument to this other than the ever-popular "AV xhews gum!" gem, is "Ottawa does it!" Well, bully for Ottawa. But Detroit, after their injuries, are decidedly worse than us, St. Louis ditto, Nashville is decimated after Suter's departure, even Tippett's Phx is uncharacteristically struggling to make it into the playoff picture.

With the group of forwards we're putting out there, Vigneault's doing an excellent job. As usual.

Torts is overrated and operates in a way that modern pro athletes cannot even ID with any more.

I dont even think their problems all lay on the coach. Those Rangers are one big fat fail of talent that cannot execute. The forwards have zero accountability for team D.

Nope. He'd rather throw his players under the bus. But not the whole team, no. Specific players.

Kassian and Gordon sent down. I dunno.. Gordon was doing pretty good in my opinion. Kassian is probably just down for conditioning. Kassian is top 6 or bust. He doesn't play the way we need him to on the bottom 6.

AV does nothing but sidestep any accountability. He just throws the scapegoats to the wolves whenever anything goes sideways. He's the one who is supposed to be driving the damned bus, why is it never his fault when it goes sideways?

Why is it not his fault for having been sideways for an entire year?

Babcock -- A VERY GOOD COACH -- takes responsibility. I have NEVER ONCE heard AV take responsibility for his failures.

Not at all.

Babcock:

-“To me you have no excuses this time of year, none whatsoever,”

- “I mean, it was painful to watch. There were 57 minutes of pain, that’s the way I looked at it, and they were better than us.”

-"The bottom line is whatever we did today was poor. And it doesn’t reflect well on us at all as far as our preparation goes.”

:P;)

Compare that to what AV says, and how AV reacts. Watch the Red Wings destroy their next opponent. Do the Canucks ever come out of the gates crashing after an embarrassing loss? Nope. Not really.

Was Babcock whining about injuries at all there? Any excuses? Nope. He says specifically "no excuses". He's holding the team, as a whole - AS A WHOLE - accountable. I don't get to watch Red Wings games all the time, so I wont know the answer to this, but will Babcock bench players who don't deserve it after a loss like that? I'm sure someone here can answer this.

He then carried on to knock the team's preparation. Whose job is that? The towel boy? I don't think that was the type of preparation he was talking about.

Difference between Babcock and AV is the fact that, in spite of what is happening to Detroit's line-up, they are still playing with effort, and for a full 60 minutes.

and way to edit some douchey smilies into your post. You're so cool! B):lol:::D:bigblush::ph34r::P:emot-parrot:

It is too bad you did not actually do any digging to find nearly the exact same appraisal from AV in his presser.

Good fail. Now you are just being an argumentative d-bag.

You whine about AV throwing players under the bus and i just provided you context with Babs doing that same thing.

It is ok to be wrong.

Archived