The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for a new coach?

Italia2006

That 2006 - 07 wasn't stacked?

I do like Ruff as a coach. And it's not his fault that the Sabres management couldn't keep their team together (unlike Gillis). However, Ruff's results are just as reliant upon the players on the ice as any other coach.

I wouldn't expect to see any huge differences (other than the honeymoon bump) in having Ruff here rather than AV.

regards,

G.

It's time for an entire coaching staff change. Bowness has been here since Moses wore short pants. Newell Brown was great at first the the PP has been garbage for as long as I can remember now and hasn't improved. Both of them are displaying their inability to help the boys fix what is wrong with this team -- PP productivity and defensive play.

Of course this cannot be done now at this point in the season anyway. We have to ride out the season with them leading the way.

It kind of surprises me that this keeps popping up in so many threads...

Last night notwithstanding, Kassian plays with the twins after virtually every penalty kill. This has been happening for weeks, with pretty much zero effectiveness. Against the Preds, the twins managed to set up the cycle in the offensive zone and it took Kass a grand total of one pass to give the puck away. This almost never happens with Burrows, because he's familiar with the Sedin cycle and knows where to go and where to put the puck.

Kassian had good offensive numbers when he played on the top line because both Sedins are good at finding the open man. However, Danny and Hank's numbers were suffering because the reverse is not true. Their numbers improved immediately after being reunited with Burrows.

So in answer to your question: Yes. It would hurt to play Kassian with the Sedins again. Give him time to familiarize himself during the after-PK shifts and maybe the idea could be revisited later in the season.

Do you honestly think that one shift after a penalty kill is going to make a difference. The Canucks as a whole look like crap. You might as well try new things and get people going. The Sedins and Burrows is not working right now. Lets get Kassian going and play him with the Sedins for a game or 2.

Both goals last night. If not for three very lucky Redwing bounces, that game could have been in doubt at the end. However, without the Sedin-Burrows chemistry in evidence, Howard could easily have pitched a shutout. The Canucks at this point don't have the luxury of testing out your theory...

Archived