The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The real reason for our spot in the standings.

zombieksa

If you are not Thomas Drance + Cam Charron (Who also writes about the leafs) are very good at using advanced stats such as PDO and Fenwick stats as determining factors as which way a team will trend in the near future. Although numbers are not perfect they are quite accurate. With a Fenwick stat in the top 6 teams (a puck possession stat that is a very accurate measure of a teams future trending) it is baffling that we have been losing so much in the last few weeks but is an indicator that this losing trend should turn around soon.

I don't want to pretend to be an expert on these advanced stats, but trust me when I say that we do not have to worry yet. If these stats lie and in 3 weeks we are still struggling for a playoff spot, then you can panic, but doing so right now will do you only harm.

I've been saying this for a while now, but the general roar of pessimism has drowned me out.

The Canucks consistently outshoot their opponents, but for whatever reason, aren't burying their chances. (Howard robbing Burrows two games ago is a good example)

I have to believe that eventually these shots are going to find the back of the net.

BTW: I know a lot of the doom and gloom crowd will claim that these are not "good" shots, but I just can't get behind such a generalization, when the team is so consistent in outshooting their opponents.

Well as you are a new member I don't know how familiar you are with the local bloggers that right about our team.

If you are not Thomas Drance + Cam Charron (Who also writes about the leafs) are very good at using advanced stats such as PDO and Fenwick stats as determining factors as which way a team will trend in the near future. Although numbers are not perfect they are quite accurate. With a Fenwick stat in the top 6 teams (a puck possession stat that is a very accurate measure of a teams future trending) it is baffling that we have been losing so much in the last few weeks but is an indicator that this losing trend should turn around soon.

I don't want to pretend to be an expert on these advanced stats, but trust me when I say that we do not have to worry yet. If these stats lie and in 3 weeks we are still struggling for a playoff spot, then you can panic, but doing so right now will do you only harm.

we need a couple guys that can finish, most of our shots are perimeter shots that hit the goalies chest in the middle of the logo.

lack of finish has been an issue for a long time, only elite tending has covered it, now with average goaltending this team is exposed for what it is, average.

If the Canucks wants to improve it will have to start with guys playing with wreckless abandon finishing every check and i just don't see it with this group. They wont fight for each other.

do u watch the games ? or just the highlights ?

Just last night i watched Henrik Sedin take a brutal crosscheck to the ribs and not one team mate address it.

its a joke, almost a rite of passage for opposing players to now brutalize a Sedin and have it go unanswered.

do u watch the games ? or just the highlights ?

Just last night i watched Henrik Sedin take a brutal crosscheck to the ribs and not one team mate address it.

its a joke, almost a rite of passage for opposing players to now brutalize a Sedin and have it go unanswered.

With a Fenwick stat in the top 6 teams (a puck possession stat that is a very accurate measure of a teams future trending) it is baffling that we have been losing so much in the last few weeks but is an indicator that this losing trend should turn around soon.

Archived