Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Going To SCF 2011 Was The WORST Thing For The Canucks

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Canucks SCF 2011 Bad For Present (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Have Rather Had The Canucks Lose In Conference Final 2011?

1. Yes (5 votes [10.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

2. No (43 votes [89.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 vancouverdepression

vancouverdepression

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think going to the cup final in 2011 was the worst thing for the Canucks in the present. It caused nothing but bad ripple effects throughout the organization and among fans. While winning it would have changed obviously everything , we didnt and it did change everything but not for the better. Right on down from the top its like everyone lost their minds and made panic moves or lost their sense of how we were winning games with confidence and swagger. Yes we won a presidents trophy last season too but they were on the slide as the season wiound down and you know it just wasnt the same team, injuries and all too. Honestly a loss to San Jose may have been the best thing for them in the Conference Final that year. We had already beat Chicago and got that off our backs and a conference final loss would have saved everyone the entire Boston SCF ordeal mentally and physically. There are too many points that have been posted already in threads to mention but you know what they are and how they relate to the team in regards to my post. Heres hoping the whole Canuck nation gets on track and finds the winning combo again. Go Canucks!!!

Thoughts??

Edited by vancouverdepression, 19 March 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#2 Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

The sky is falling?

anfqiq.jpg
                                By -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,514 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think I'm going to be sick.Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#4 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

POPULAR

I will make a counter propsal... whiny, spoiled, fans, who think they know everything about hockey and either forgot or weren't around for many of the low points in Canuck's franchise are the WORST thing for the Canucks.

Its too bad so many Canuck fans fall into this category.
Posted Image

#5 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Quick q. How bad was CDC during and after game 7? I was at the game (season ticket holder)
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#6 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think going to the cup final in 2011 was the worst thing for the Canucks in the present. It caused nothing but bad ripple effects throughout the organization and among fans. While winning it would have changed obviously everything , we didnt and it did change everything but not for the better. Right on down from the top its like everyone lost their minds and made panic moves or lost their sense of how we were winning games with confidence and swagger. Yes we won a presidents trophy last season too but they were on the slide as the season wiound down and you know it just wasnt the same team, injuries and all too. Honestly a loss to San Jose may have been the best thing for them in the Conference Final that year. We had already beat Chicago and got that off our backs and a conference final loss would have saved everyone the entire Boston SCF ordeal mentally and physically. There are too many points that have been posted already in threads to mention but you know what they are and how they relate to the team in regards to my post. Heres hoping the whole Canuck nation gets on track and finds the winning combo again. Go Canucks!!!

Thoughts??

I think you're ranting, and EVERYBODY hates ranters.

The sky is falling?

when it crumbles
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#7 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,312 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Quick q. How bad was CDC during and after game 7? I was at the game (season ticket holder)

I don't even bother logging into CDC during regular season games because the lag is so bad. I can only imagine how it must have been during and after that night...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#8 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Isn't the whole point about the game being to get to the SCF??? Yeah they lost, but came as close as you can get. Yes, they lost, but that is supposed to help develop the players to know what it takes next time and builds excitement with fans.

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Depression really is a serious thing. If you are depressed please get help. I'm serious, if you're looking for the negatives in everything, talk to someone about it. It's helpful to realize there's good in bad things, and not all things are bad to begin with.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#10 vancouverdepression

vancouverdepression

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

I dont recall saying the sky was falling? Take off your homer glasses for a minute and look at the bigger picture, the SCF was detrimental to the Canucks in the present plain and simple.

#11 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

There was much woe and gnashing of teeth. Pretty much everyone wanted AV gone and Luongo to be tarred and feathered medieval style. I think even a mod or mod(s) got in on the hatefest.

It was also tough to stay signed on.

#12 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I dont recall saying the sky was falling? Take off your homer glasses for a minute and look at the bigger picture, the SCF was detrimental to the Canucks in the present plain and simple.

Or... Time... as players get older or injured, contracts run out, cap flucuations happen, lockouts happen... if they never made it to SCF everyone would be whining that the Canucks are never going to win because they don't have the experience...

While I will admit it takes sacrifice to make it that far into the playoffs the SCF was detrimental only in the sense of fatigue to players that went there and then played the following year. However this can be said about every winner/runner up.
Posted Image

#13 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

You make a couple decent points. But after 2 cup finals in the first 40 years, I will gladly take a 3rd.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#14 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Wtf.... I've been reading this forum for quite some time and now i think I'm gonna stop. The crap I read on here is so dumb it hurts

Edited by ZombieSchneider, 19 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#15 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I like pancakes
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#16 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Guys, I think until we are officially out of a playoff spot, we can just chill a little. I too have been guilty of blaming people, but there's only so much we can do.
Posted Image

#17 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,705 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

The forum was turned off by moderators after game 7. It came back on with very limited posting privileges the day after (mods had to approve every single topic)

#18 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Right on down from the top its like everyone lost their minds and made panic moves or lost their sense of how we were winning games with confidence and swagger.

I think the panic mode would have been far worse had the Canucks lost in an earlier round, especially if they had completed the collapse to Chicago.

I'm also still of the mindset that had Hamhuis not thrown that hip-check I would be wearing my Stanley Cup champions hat right now.
Posted Image

#19 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I will make a counter propsal... whiny, spoiled, fans, who think they know everything about hockey and either forgot or weren't around for many of the low points in Canuck's franchise are the WORST thing for the Canucks.

Its too bad so many Canuck fans fall into this category.

Although I grew up watching the WCE era, I'm so glad I have way more hockey knowledge than some Canucks fans here who only follow the Canucks...

#20 ZephyrsSong

ZephyrsSong

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Don't you need to make the Stanley Cup Final before you can even win the Stanley cup? o_O

#21 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Don't you need to make the Stanley Cup Final before you can even win the Stanley cup? o_O

The experience helps, yes!

#22 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

It wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference to us now, if that's what you mean.

But the worst thing would've been blowing that series vs. Chicago. But the OP, BizzaroCanuckFan, might think that would be the best thing.
Posted Image

#23 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

:picard: oh dear..
Posted Image

#24 SynysterGates

SynysterGates

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I like pancakes

http://youtu.be/1eO5U_uN7DQ

#25 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Lol at this whole concept.

Imagine Bieksa scoring that goal and he just slumps his shoulders in disgust while Luongo falls to the ice crying and the entire bench hangs their head with Shorthouse screaming 'Oh my God, Nooooo!' over the radio.

LOLOPFAIL!
Posted Image

#26 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

be gentle guys.. This guy has depression

#27 centurion

centurion

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

IThis poll is full of so much fail. Do you think the Canucks have lost their confidence and swagger since this poll was created? Yes or no?

#28 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thoughts??

Other than the city nearly burning down, the run to the cup was the best thing that's happened for the hockey fans of the Canucks since 1994 and 1982 (let's add to this the gold medal in men's hockey in 2010 winter olympics). Yes winning it all would have been pure magic, but how can this have been the worst thing that ever happened?

Edited by disisdayear, 19 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#29 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Canuck fans don't deserve to see this team go to the finals agian, last 2 times we did we fracking embarrassed ourselves and made our city look bad

#30 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

You make a couple decent points. But after 2 3 cup finals in the first 40 years, I will gladly take a 3rd.

There ya go Biestra...fixed that for you. Please don't deny us long suffering fans accomplishments from our history, Biestra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.