The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Fans

nhlrefsuck

I doubt that'll happen. One time at a game I was told to "sit down" after cheering for a goal. The security is absolutely ridiculous at Rogers Arena.

Once at a concert they kicked a group of kids out who were in the back row and standing and cheering for the artist playing. I don't even understand what they expect from people.

Guest Gumballthechewy

MG wears his Sunday best

AV's tired he needs a rest

The Canucks are playing down on the ice

Henrik's sighing in his sleep

Brother Daniel''s got a date to keep

He can't hang around

Our fans, in the middle of our city

Our fans, in the middle of our ...

I've been saying this for years. They do it all the time in Europe! We already tried to sing and chant when the Vancouver Southsiders came to one game, but security ejected them for standing and being too loud.

It would really help the team when they're down, rather than boo them as we usually do...

MG wears his Sunday best

AV's tired he needs a rest

The Canucks are playing down on the ice

Henrik's sighing in his sleep

Brother Daniel''s got a date to keep

He can't hang around

Our fans, in the middle of our city

Our fans, in the middle of our ...

Vancouver has one of the most passionate/largest fanbases.

However, the majority of people in Vancouver aren't hockey fans (we have a very rich and diverse culture of people in the Vancouver area).

Some cities (lets say Winnipeg) 1/4 people are die hard hockey fans, whereas in Vancouver its likely 1/10 are diehard fans.

It's very easy for people who don't really like hockey or follow the Canucks to go to a hockey game. So if Rogers Arena is packed, and only 50% of the people in attendance actually follow/support the team, it diminishes the overall atmosphere/excitement of the crowd.

(Obviously these are random numbers, just making a point).

Vancouver's tickets are so expensive that 90% of the people at the games are corporate suits and or socialites whose only intent is to go to the game so they can tell people they went to the game. The real fans are at home, barely scratching out an existence.

not sure where people are sitting when told to quiet down or sit down during the game i have never had issues with security more so the people i have seen had the issues with security are loud obnoxious drunks who are cursing and screaming the entire game which doesn't belong especially around kids

as for the noise level its not up there with montreal or winnipeg but its not as bad as people make it out to be just watch a florida washington or dallas game

Think about it: just to sit in the lower bowl, you're looking at close to $600-$700 dollars for a pair of tickets. They only people who can afford that are corporate guys who don't really care about the game, just want to pretend they are fans. When your stands are packed with the upper crust of society, you'll naturally get a quieter crowd, because they don't care!

GM Place/Rogers Arena used to be one of the loudest arenas in the league; now, with such high prices, the standards have fallen. It's a shame, really, to see true fans who can barely afford the nosebleeds going seasons without seeing a game in person.

Archived