Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zach Parise

[Rumour] Canucks in on Iginla ?

176 posts in this topic

well... 2 seasons ago about 40 goals. last year under 30. this year on pace for 20 if it was a full season... so he has slipped off the plateau production-wise.

would he bring more in the playoffs? probably.

would he be better than higgins or raymond? probably.

he could be a good player to bring in if we have the cap space - and if we can't get a player like he was in his prime, which is what we really need...

better than doing nothing and moving backwards like last year before the playoffs..

Canucks would have to give up too much to get him. Plus he'd probably just sign with the Flames next season anyway. Not really a good plan IMO

I thought the Canucks would be one of the teams he WOULDN'T want to go to?? Honestly, I wouldn't mind Iginla, but if he sucks playing against the Canucks seeing as he doesn't produce much whenever the Flames play the Canucks, what makes me think that he'll produce offensively on the Canucks?

Canucks would have to give up too much to get him. Plus he'd probably just sign with the Flames next season anyway. Not really a good plan IMO

If the Canucks get a fair deal for Iginla, win a Cup and then he re-signs with the Flames, doesn't it make it worth it to acquire the rights to a player like Iginla?

People here who don't want iggy are ABSOLUTELY NUTS and obviously haven't watched him play this year.

We won't get him but it would be amazing if we did. He's been on fire this year and is hitting, battling, fighting even and scoring. This guy would be fantastic on our team.

Again. 99% chance it won't happen

Just heard from Bob Mckenzie on TSN right now , that one of the 5 teams interested in Iginla are the Canucks. Particulary thats on Iginlas list too ! :o

Notables: Pittsburgh,LA Kings,Boston, One other team from the east.

I don't think adding Iginla would push this group over the top. It wouldn't be Iginla, it would be his supporting cast. There's just not enough to get this group to the Cup let alone win the Cup.

for all of you lost in dream land this deal wont happen unless schneider + is going the other way.

Iginla is a great player but does anyone really believe he is the second coming?  Is he singlehandedly going to take us to a cup final?

Whatever it will cost to get him means that we won't have anyone or anything else to try and shore up the rest of the team.  Our cupboard is bare folks, and trying to sell the farm for one player who'll only be with us for the rest of our season is, IMHO, insane.

We don't have the prospects, we need our picks and I, for one, am not willing to give up Schneider (as some have proposed) for a   ~25 maybe 35 game rental.

I would love to get him.He would come here as he started his minor league in Kamloops and knows how we are about the game.I wouldnt give up to much for him, but again we have to get younger next year.I would get him tell the flamers that we are only useing him for the playoffs then they can resign him.I would then trade Luo,Ballard,Raymond and next year kesler plus Bieksa if we get something good for him.This way we get younger and stay a great team.

The second comming? No but one of the great leaders of the game...clutch performer and can score alot of goals. I ask you....who is the second comming? Ive been on this board for years and every time an elite player comes up he's either too expensive, a defensive liability or too old. So we either over pay, in your opinion, or we lose. Im sick of getting guys that WE think are TWO way players that cant score. At some point we will have to take a risk and cross our fingers.

Cross your fingers?!? Sell the farm for a "cross your fingers?"

Arguably Iggy fits all three of the criteria you listed:

1. Too expensive. What will he cost? Is it worth it for the amount of time he'll be here? Will his cap hit allow us to fit in another player at the deadline (or is he really all we need to lift the cup?)

2. A defensive liability. I'll let you do a little reading but there is an argument, if you follow hockey analytics, that he is. His relative corsi numbers for this year are better than the past few years but still negative.

http://kuklaskorner....puck_possession

3. Too old. 36 this summer. Not that he'll be here for long.

Home run! How can we lose?

I'm all for a hockey trade in the next couple of weeks, in fact I really want some new faces for this team. We cannot, however, sell the farm for one player. Does anyone really think this is the one move that puts us over the top? If he can be had for the right price, sure. Great player, might be worth a shot. We've seen our depth (centers, RHd anyone?) when just one person goes down. What will we look like 1or 2 years from now down one NHL ready prospect and a pick or two from this year's draft?

for all of you lost in dream land this deal wont happen unless schneider + is going the other way.

Ding ding we have a winner!

Also try reading what Lame fans expect back for their God, it would take Jensen + Schneider + 1st ... for a guy who is past his prime, doesnt backcheck, lazy on the forecheck and not an impact player anymore. Oh did i mention he's a UFA and might not even re-sign...

These people have been reading too much of the "Iginla is a class act and a great Captain" crap from Alberta.

He makes us slightly better, but not make us cup contenders or put us over the top.

Hopefully this is just McKenzie making crap up to get some ratings.

Too bad San Jose is asking a first and a top prospect, on top of Vancouver being HATED to the core by Clowe

The second comming? No but one of the great leaders of the game...clutch performer and can score alot of goals. I ask you....who is the second comming? Ive been on this board for years and every time an elite player comes up he's either too expensive, a defensive liability or too old. So we either over pay, in your opinion, or we lose. Im sick of getting guys that WE think are TWO way players that cant score. At some point we will have to take a risk and cross our fingers.

I could see Iginla playing with a whole new urgency and intensity in a new environment like Vancouver. He offers something the Canucks currently don't have in a complete player, and putting him with the Sedins sounds so intriguing. The difference it would make to the power play alone is worth considering.

To the naysayers, give your heads a shake. Iginla only has a few years left - when he signs a new contract, he'll want to be with a team that has a chance in the next 2-3 years to win, which makes me think he'll re-sign with the Canucks. I'm okay with giving a first round pick to get this guy. We have the goaltending and the defense. We need more offense and sandpaper for the playoffs, and Iginla offers it.