The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks in on Iginla ?

I don't think it is that people don't want Iginla, it is that people realize the price for us would be too much and that Calgary wold prefer not deal him to us.

I think they are confident in the goaltending prospects they have. Ramo is doing great in the KHL, Then Brossiot, Gillies, exc.

I think they would ask for Kassian or Jensen which is a no go from our POV.

This. And that deal they can't refuse is something we aren't doing.

It really depends on what we're giving up for this guy.

I don't see us giving up too much for Iggy. After all, Kesler is coming back and we already have a small prospect pool as it is.

Me thinks its time to reunite Bouwmeester and Ballard who actually were a very good pair together? Maybe its a place we could actually get some value for him for that reason? :)

Ballard, Lack, 2knd

Babchuck (RHD, decent puck skills, rental) and Iggy. If Bab's is not going to be healthy, Sarich is healthy scratch RHD at $2 mill for healthy scratch LHD Ballard at $4.2. Sarich could be a depth defender, but he has a ring?

Lou for Orlov, 2knd and Ribiero.

Sedin/Sedin/Iggy

Burrows/Kesler/Kassian

Raymond/Ribiero/Hanson

Higgins/Lapierre/Pinizzotto Booth later rounds?

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Garrison/Babchuck

PP Edler/Babchuck

Not serious - but also, the "would never want to do that" part assumes two things:

1) that Kipper's not on his last legs in Calgary and Irving is a viable replacement

2) that things that Feaster does make sense.

Also, not that it changes things, but:

Kipper - .876sv %, 3.27gaa, one year left on his contract.

Irving - .883 sv%, 3.33 gaa, RFA

Regardless, if Iginla were coming this way, Calgary would have to take back salary - if they're willing to do that, there are only a few candidates on this end....

Me thinks its time to reunite Bouwmeester and Ballard who actually were a very good pair together? Maybe its a place we could actually get some value for him for that reason? :)

Ballard, Lack, 2knd

Babchuck (RHD, decent puck skills, rental) and Iggy. If Bab's is not going to be healthy, Sarich is healthy scratch RHD at $2 mill for healthy scratch LHD Ballard at $4.2. Sarich could be a depth defender, but he has a ring?

Lou for Orlov, 2knd and Ribiero.

Sedin/Sedin/Iggy

Burrows/Kesler/Kassian

Raymond/Ribiero/Hanson

Higgins/Lapierre/Pinizzotto Booth later rounds?

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Garrison/Babchuck

PP Edler/Babchuck

The second comming? No but one of the great leaders of the game...clutch performer and can score alot of goals. I ask you....who is the second comming? Ive been on this board for years and every time an elite player comes up he's either too expensive, a defensive liability or too old. So we either over pay, in your opinion, or we lose. Im sick of getting guys that WE think are TWO way players that cant score. At some point we will have to take a risk and cross our fingers.

One of the great leaders of the game ? In 16 seasons he has led his team to the playoffs 5 times and Calgary is a team that has spent to the cap. Keenan, D Sutter and B Sutter have all made comments of how Calgary's dressing room had problems/issues and mentioned that Iginla is very quiet in the dressing room . While being quiet is not a bad thing, I dont really see why he gets a claim of a great leader ?

Clutch performer ? In the 04 playoff run he didnt even register a shot in both game 6 and game 7. Last season when Calgary was making a push for the playoffs he scored 1 goal in the last 10 games. In 2010 when calgary was pushing for the playoffs he went scoreless in his last 11 games.

Dont get me wrong, Iginla is a good player and a great goal scorer but I think he gets overrated by alot of people. And at the end of the day, for what it will cost a team to get him out of Calgary, id prefer Vancouver passes on him.

Hmmm good point... does anyone have that picture of him phaneuf and kipper smoking cigarettes and drinking with what seemed like women who mmay or may not have been on serious drugs lol?

Or was that jusy phaneuf n kipper? Either way he's an impact player right now... and slightly over rated

No thanks... living in Calgary ive been watching him for a number of years now and he is not the player everyone thinks he is. He floats way too much, is a defensive liability and rarely do you see the 'power forward' in him. He is great at sitting in the slot and waiting for passes or playing the dump and chase game. For what it would cost to get him, id pass.....

I could see Iginla playing with a whole new urgency and intensity in a new environment like Vancouver. He offers something the Canucks currently don't have in a complete player, and putting him with the Sedins sounds so intriguing. The difference it would make to the power play alone is worth considering.

To the naysayers, give your heads a shake. Iginla only has a few years left - when he signs a new contract, he'll want to be with a team that has a chance in the next 2-3 years to win, which makes me think he'll re-sign with the Canucks. I'm okay with giving a first round pick to get this guy. We have the goaltending and the defense. We need more offense and sandpaper for the playoffs, and Iginla offers it.

He is a quality (Iginla) guy on and off the ice. I have actually spent a decent amount of time having drinks with him in a small social setting. I hated the flames before I met him, still do but have to say, this guy is everything the press makes him out to be, tremendous individual, respectful, high class all the way.

We would be LUCKY to land him, and he will not only help the sedins, the young guys but more importantly I think Kesler, to become the leader he is capable of and to lose his ego.

This would not just be about a run, its about bringing a REAL LEADER, in the mold of the greats to help this team. We are lacking that MG needs to get this done.

Archived