The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks in on Iginla ?

Lol. MG trading away the farm to the Flames for a player we can sign for free in the off season? I will burn my Canucks Jersey if this happens. Unless of course its Ballard and Booth going the other way, but Feaster isn't that dumb.

Lol are you kidding me - IF the Canucks had a shot at Iggy for a playoff run I'd do it - fact is he'll end back up in Calgary next year so as a rental I think he'd be a great fit - imagine him on a line with the Sedins.

That said no way in hell do I see Calgary doing that.

People here who don't want iggy are ABSOLUTELY NUTS and obviously haven't watched him play this year.

We won't get him but it would be amazing if we did. He's been on fire this year and is hitting, battling, fighting even and scoring. This guy would be fantastic on our team.

Again. 99% chance it won't happen

Awesome but it wont work out. Flames will want the farm if teams want to pry their captain and all star away from them. And the Canucks don't have the assets to trade for Iginla unless our 1st makes a big difference to them.

Plus I highly doubt MG trades for Iginla unless there is some assurance he would re-sign with the Canucks.

LOL who am I kidding this isn't happening.

First Sundin, now Iginla? :lol:

We just love pissing off our haters.

As for the Flames not trading with divisional rivals, I don't see that being the case. It's not like it would come back to bite them since Iggy would only be a rental. Canucks can't afford to re-sign him.

As for how much it would cost. I would imagine it would be something like Lack, Connauton, and a 1st or 2nd. The Flames need to start planning for a Kipper successor, and could always use more D prospects.

Archived