The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks in on Iginla ?

People here who don't want iggy are ABSOLUTELY NUTS and obviously haven't watched him play this year.

We won't get him but it would be amazing if we did. He's been on fire this year and is hitting, battling, fighting even and scoring. This guy would be fantastic on our team.

Again. 99% chance it won't happen

After listening to flames radio, Flames expect a late 1st/early second, a NHL ready prospect (not necessarily high end), and a conditional pick in 2014 depending on him re-signing. They don't feel the have much bargaining power as Iginla has the power to veto any offer, Much like the Nash deal, he decides which team he wants to go to. Flames feel they could get a huge return for him if it was an open market and a bidding war could happen, but they are restricted to the teams Iginla decides on. Flames can either get something in return (even be it a smaller return) for him or have him walk and get nothing. The real question is where does Iginla want to play.

I'd give up a 2nd and a prospect like Sweatt or something. People do know who we are talking about right? Jerome Iginla... with him in the lineup and Kesler back for the playoffs this team could surprise a lot of people and teams. Our D is starting to play better and our goalies are too. Iggy would bring heart, grit, determination, toughness, and scoring. No brainer IMO.

Well from the sounds of it Iginla has Vancouver on his short list. I'm not surprised. The fit is there and he's from Western Canada... I know we hate each other but after playing us for years I'm sure he respects our organization.

So if this is true and we did trade for him he may resign for a few years at a cheaper rate.

I dont think people here truly appreciate just how much value he would add to our team. He's a goal scorer. A great one. He's tough as nails. He's that true Canadian hockey player we haven't had for years. I think adding him would make us a cup team... And if he resigned that would just be a bonus.

He's just not that much older than Schneider...

I don't think it's much of the question that no one wants him here, of course he's a great player..but the probability of that happening is low albeit as a rental. I don't see the Flames trading their Captain to a div rival, We might be high on Iggy's list but prob low on Feaster's..plus what can we really offer?

After listening to flames radio, Flames expect a late 1st/early second, a NHL ready prospect (not necessarily high end), and a conditional pick in 2014 depending on him re-signing. They don't feel the have much bargaining power as Iginla has the power to veto any offer, Much like the Nash deal, he decides which team he wants to go to. Flames feel they could get a huge return for him if it was an open market and a bidding war could happen, but they are restricted to the teams Iginla decides on. Flames can either get something in return (even be it a smaller return) for him or have him walk and get nothing. The real question is where does Iginla want to play.

Archived