The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny?

Outsiders

Absolutely not. He's doing other stuff and still involved. Even Manny has admitted that it was likely the best call...it's just hard when you're fully invested in the playing end of things. Manny will always have something to contribute, just no longer on the ice at game pace.

He was involved in an activity in Richmond over the weekend (Aquilini was also there)...so he's still part of the Canucks, just not on the bench. A shame, as he brought a lot of heart and his faceoff percentage is greatly missed!

And yeah, the thread title...not cool. Very misleading, so I've changed it.

As much as I like Gilles for everything else in terms of vision ,value & mission of the organization and where he want to lead this organization in regards to quality of individuals he brings on board and all other things which are crucial and important for bigger picture but I hate to say this that he lack the guts to take bold steps and he is really conservative in that regards, no matter how hard he tries to prove people wrong on this but this is the one thing where he won't be able to prove people wrong. And sometimes loyalty and being conservative is not very productive. Until unless Vancouver wins Stanley cup everything is meaningless and this is the most difficult trophy to win in any sports and that's ha sot be top class(A plus), anything less than is not going to work out. plain and simple. Creating the culture, work ethics and winning mindset is important but how many times Detroit won Stanley cup, not every time. Gilles you need to be bold and bring that X factor in team which is easier to say than get it done but that's it.

So even if we did re-sign him for a cheaper contract at lets say 1-1.5m, would he still suit up? Because he is going to be a UFA this season and we're just going to let another guy go for nothing? I'm starting to doubt Gillis' management and whether or not he has the balls to make moves that can not only propel our team back to the 2010-11 team or whether or not he was just a fluke that year

Archived